[Help] Event message gone

hydezt

Chieftain
Hi there,

I've just installed patch "k", and a couple of modmods (modularmod, magistermod, alternatecivics, and unit statistics). Then I got a problem, that event message was gone! The message was turned into some kind of strings, like:

TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_KHAZAD_FORGE

Not only that, the choice (option) that usually consists of understandable languange turned into TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_KHAZAD_FORGE1 or some sort.

It was never happened when i played with patch "j", and without any modmods.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to fix this? I prefer not to delete the modmods... Thanks a lot.
Sorry my bad english :)

Except for Modular FfH, each of the other mod-mods needs to be updated to match the latest patches. So any of those which modified the Text file will be responsible.

I know that Magister Mod isn't up to patch K (it's back on F or so?). I'm not entirely sure what all alternatecivics modifies, but it almost certainly adds some text. The unit statistics SHOULD be fine in this regard, but it modifies the DLL so could be causing other issues later on.

Well, thank you for your quick response. I really appreciate it. :goodjob:
So, what I need to do is delete (uninstall) "Magister modmod" and "alternatecivics"?
Okay I'll try that, and I'll give you the result tomorrow.

Ah I almost forgot, I've deleted 2 folder of your modular modmod. It was "dangerous special features" and "improvement adjustment". Did what I do could cause the missing text problem?

No, the nice thing about the Modular setup is that you essentially cannot break it. I designed each module to be able to be deleted individually.

The downside of all mod-mods is that you have to update full ones (like Magister's) with each patch or it won't work. Or that you are very limited in what you can do (like mine).

Since Unitstatistics doesn't modify very much, you might be able to get away with using it without an update, but i am reasonably certain that the DLL was changed since his last version. To be certain you are safe you can install the Unitstatistics THEN install patch K.

In order to use Magister's mod though, you will have to stick with the latest patch it was updated for, which I think was F, but I'm not entirely certain. Same thing with Alternate civics, if you want to use it you'll have to stick with the patch it was last updated for.

Also, unless the mod-mods were made to work with each other, installing more than 1 at a time can be problematic. The modular one should work with almost anything else, and anything which causes problems you can just delete from the modules. But were you to try combining Fall Further and Magi-Mod you would see lots of bad things happen :)

I tried to reinstall FfH2, patch k, and all of the modmods one at a time. Guess what, I found that the troublemaker was Magistermod! Uhh, I hate to see that govannon no longer train spellspheres, but I got to do what I needed to do.

No offence to Magister, but I think he need to update his modmod. Anyway, thank you for your help, xienwolf.

Two last question:
  1. I found in civilopedia that there is a "metamagic mana". Can you tell me it's function? Because I can't figure out how to build or create those.
  2. Newbie question, how to permanently change custom option? What file I must edit?

Thanks again :D

Well of course my modmod caused problems, it is 5 patches behind!

I've been really busy and haven't had time to work on it lately; I'm still really busy, so it is unlikely I'll even start again for a week. Hopefully I'll have time to do it during spring break (the week after next) although I do have a project due just after the break. I don't have fast enough internet at home so I'd have to wait another week to put it online.

I do have a version for patch h on my computer, but after trying to add some AoI graphics it CtDs as soon as the mod loads. I haven't been able to fix it, so I'm starting over. I actually prefer to start over (using a compare tool for much of it) for each patch anyway, so I don't undo any of Kael's changes (unless I want to).

Metamagic mana (but not the metamagic nodee) is technically in the main mod already, but is has no spells or passive effects. In the next version of my modmod I plan to add the metamagic sphere, the Ice sphere, and levels 2 and 3 of the dimensional sphere.

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\XML\Gameinfo\CIV4GAmeOptionInfos.xml is what you should change to save options. Set the <bDefault tag to 1 for each option you want on. xienwolf modular modmod includes a modular version of this, which has the advantage of not being overwritten each patch. (I think you can also just alter the .ini, but I have never done it that way.)

Ah that's better!
Can't wait to d/l your newest modmod, Magister. I really loved the way Govannon train spellspheres and also all of barbarian's trait. :D

Good luck with your real world job/study and thanks for your help!

Top Bottom