Historical events in Civ IV terms

When an Arabian Spy destroyed an American Stock Exchange, the Americans invaded Babylon and Barbarian cities, for some reason...and they somehow killed a Great Spy with Navy SEALS + Gunships.

I like that one :agree:

Darned quote didnt show up as intended... it was a quote of a quote...

How do you figure Iran is Representation when the "elected" government can be overrulled at any time by the Ayatollas? :confused:

Unless you're playing for beakers? I figure the Soviets / Russians sold them fission for oil or something. :king::goodjob:

And so that I dont get accused of spam, spam and eggs, spam, spam, spam and eggs, et al

[offtopic] slightly off topic: Based on the NYC 911 attacks minithread above,

One thing I miss from the old Colonization is The Dutch or Spanish AIs can opt out of the game with the "treaty of Ultrect"

and if the player is France, the Dutch will gift their settlements to the English

or if the player is English, the Spanish and French will gift colonies.

at least that's how I remember it

And we're off with the 2012 campaign!

First off we have the Texas Republic Conservatives, formerly lead by George Bushes, now lead by Rick Perry! He hasn't done well on the national debates, and has a long lasting -1 for that.
Marching out of Boston is Mitt Romney! Not yet ready to accept complete leadership of the Tea Party Militia Boston has been stuck building lately, his is known for his flip flopping of civics!
Then we have Ron Paul hailing form Pittsburg! He has hospitals, but he says NO to anything not in the constitution, so NO universal healthcare.
Machelle Bachmann from the Twin Cities is also a strong contestant. She won the battle for Iowa Straw Poll with a 5%-Chance Tea Party Militia.
Herman Cain from Kansas City is another contestant. Moving his settler from Georgia northward, he is know as a self-made man by being his own worker and owner! His campaign aides are busy defending his HQ from Sexual Allegation units which have lots of strenght! He needs to bombard them before he can defeat them.
John Huntsman is another great condidate form Utah. He has invested some time on the Twitter Dimention, and it has paid off!

Most of them are marching troops towards Iowa Caucus, seeking to win the battle because it will give the winner lots of loot. Other important battles will occur at Vermont and South Carolina!

Sadly, Ron Paul is from Sugarland (Houston) or there abouts.

The only thing I like about him is he wants total American Isolation, which can only be a fantasy, since the last time America tried it under Coolidge (a republican!) it caused the Great Depression (look it up!)

Perry is an idiot. A RICH idiot with lots of sycophant friends, but still an idiot. :lol:

(Mods, please dont hurt me! :hide ):king::goodjob:

King Louis XIV was stupid because he built his place of Versailles next to his capital instead of just founded Louisiana. Following 50-100 rounds before French had to sell whole Louisiana to Americans because of maintenance costs. Or perhaps he did not get GE to build it there?

I meant later not before...

Byzantine army attacked Ottoman (Turkish) troops in Manzikert but the emperor suddenly split his army and separated cataphracts off his pikemen. So Ottomans toke advantage of this situation and destroyed Byzantine cavalry with their pikemen and pikemen with their macemen and horse archers annihilated rest of emperor's troops.

How do you figure Iran is Representation when the "elected" government can be overrulled at any time by the Ayatollas? :confused:

I'm not going to go into a lengthy political argument, but I think that the Representation civic combined with Theocracy is much more fitting than Police State, considering that they have an elected government (still not as democratic as Universal Suffrage) in secular affairs.

I'm not going to go into a lengthy political argument, but I think that the Representation civic combined with Theocracy is much more fitting than Police State, considering that they have an elected government (still not as democratic as Universal Suffrage) in secular affairs.

An "elected" government that turned guns on their own citizens and arrests political opponents? Sounds more like North Korea than any "representation" to me. I agree with Iran being a Police State. It is definitely not a Representation,

An "elected" government that turned guns on their own citizens and arrests political opponents? Sounds more like North Korea than any "representation" to me. I agree with Iran being a Police State. It is definitely not a Representation,

It really isn't nearly as bad as the Western media makes it sound.

Believe me, I have family there.

It really isn't nearly as bad as the Western media makes it sound.

Believe me, I have family there.

Who do I believe? Some fella on the Internet, or the video footage of a girl shot through the heart, a history of the worst type of fanaticism (i.e., islamic terrorism) and past actions calling for the death of an entire nation (which makes for their calls for the paid assassinations of individuals seem trivial, but that also occured)?

Unstability due to American civics in (RFC) led to southern cities such as New Orleans, Atlanta, and Richmond to become briefly independent, however, by using a combination of Nationhood and Emancipation, Lincoln was able to quell the rebellion, by using large amounts of Rifleman, Calvary and Cannon, as well as blockading southern ports with frigates, ships of the line and ironclads.

Russians have never used benefits what Kremlin gives because they have never tried Universal Suffrage civic. :D

Who do I believe? Some fella on the Internet, or the video footage of a girl shot through the heart, a history of the worst type of fanaticism (i.e., islamic terrorism) and past actions calling for the death of an entire nation (which makes for their calls for the paid assassinations of individuals seem trivial, but that also occured)?

Your misconception seems to be that all "evil" actions are part of "Police State." The repression of dissidents is an example of "Nationalism", the fanaticism is "Theocracy."

I'm not going to continue politically debating, but I'll just leave you with this. Iran, though it supports Hezbollah, is an enemy of Al-Quaeda. It's not so black and white. Calls for death of other nations are usually either bad translations or a figure of speech. ("Marg bar" is the Farsi usually translated as "death to," but it really has the meaning of "down with.")

Your misconception seems to be that all "evil" actions are part of "Police State." The repression of dissidents is an example of "Nationalism", the fanaticism is "Theocracy."

I'm not going to continue politically debating, but I'll just leave you with this. Iran, though it supports Hezbollah, is an enemy of Al-Quaeda. It's not so black and white. Calls for death of other nations are usually either bad translations or a figure of speech. ("Marg bar" is the Farsi usually translated as "death to," but it really has the meaning of "down with.")

So what if it is the enemy of al quida? Does that automatically make it a non-terrorist? What an utterly LAME method of debate.

A glitch allowed Hannibal to march his SoD right through some peaks. The Romans, not expecting an attack from this direction, had moved all of their defensive units to the coast to protect what they thought was the only route into their territory.

The Roman SoD had also moved to Spain via Galley.

The romans spent the next 20 turns fortified inside Rome, while all the surrounding towns and villages were pillaged, until the stack of doom was able to return home.

With hannibal unable to take cities, due to a lack of siege, Rome sent a spy to cause unrest in Carthage.

With spiraling costs and massive war weariness hannibal was forced to return home.

A glitch allowed Hannibal to march his SoD right through some peaks. The Romans, not expecting an attack from this direction, had moved all of their defensive units to the coast to protect what they thought was the only route into their territory.

The Roman SoD had also moved to Spain via Galley.

The romans spent the next 20 turns fortified inside Rome, while all the surrounding towns and villages were pillaged, until the stack of doom was able to return home.

With hannibal unable to take cities, due to a lack of siege, Rome sent a spy to cause unrest in Carthage.

With spiraling costs and massive war weariness hannibal was forced to return home.

Then the great general Hannibal was settled in Carthage after a humiliating peace treaty, and the assassinate GPs mod was installed by Rome and was used to kill him.

You forgot the part about Hannibal destroying the Roman stacks in the field, expecting Rome to capitulate, if not negotiate.

Instead, Rome built more stacks.

You forgot the part about Hannibal destroying the Roman stacks in the field, expecting Rome to capitulate, if not negotiate.

Instead, Rome built more stacks.

Hannibal forgot to research Iron Working, so he considered the Roman iron mine insignificant, and therefore pillaged only the towns for the $$$. And because the Romans had built the moai statues, they could pump out praets quickly.

Top Bottom