An Exciting Let's Play Against 6 Always War, Monarch AIs by Sulla

There must be another thread that follows this. I don't have the patience to play as slow and carefully to succeed like Sulla does at this level.

I also wonder if it would have been possible to chop out the Statue of Zeus. It is a wonder I never build or even consider, as I usually don't have the monuments built that are a prerequisite. But having it in Always War must be DEVASTATING to the AIs who are losing hundreds of battles in your territory.

There must be another thread that follows this. I don't have the patience to play as slow and carefully to succeed like Sulla does at this level.

I also wonder if it would have been possible to chop out the Statue of Zeus. It is a wonder I never build or even consider, as I usually don't have the monuments built that are a prerequisite. But having it in Always War must be DEVASTATING to the AIs who are losing hundreds of battles in your territory.
The AI isn't affected by war weariness in anywhere near as much as human players are, and everyone suffers only half the WW in always war games. It wouldn't be worth it.

The AI isn't affected by war weariness in anywhere near as much as human players are, and everyone suffers only half the WW in always war games. It wouldn't be worth it.

Wouldn't it be worth it because if you don't get it they will? I don't know because I don't do always war.

I think one of the worst things in Civ4 is the AI not capable of planning a great war/campaign. For every unit I loose in civ I win 20+battles (not in my own mod though, as I've made some changes that brings more unpredictable circumstances).
The AI at constant war, means it throw out tons of units, which the human player doesnt, which means the human player have a great advantage of being able to produce buildings and such.
Imho any longterm war cripples the AI to its knees.

Or just keep sending spies :D

+8 Unhappiness is extremely crippling if sustained (and fairly cheap in EP). Poisoned Water is also nice if they are still whipping.

Top Bottom