Incompetent Caravels

Bellringer

Chieftain
My caravel is unable to destroy my enemy's fishing boats, though a galley can do it. But if the resource is 2 squares away, the galley cannot go there. Is it designed that way or is there some way around it?

My caravel is unable to destroy my enemy's fishing boats, though a galley can do it. But if the resource is 2 squares away, the galley cannot go there. Is it designed that way or is there some way around it?

Are you at war with the enemy? Caravels can explore rival territory, but to pillage water improvements you need to be at war. Privateers I think can do so at peace.

caravels cannot do it, war or peace. Galleys cannot enter the ocean, and so cannot pillage ocean tiles. Any naval unit beyond galleon will be able to do so.

I haven't used a sub in years, but seem to recall that they can't pillage either.

Submarines can pillage fishnets. That's why I always have a destroyer in my coastal cities.

That is the benefit of ocean seafood, it is safe for a long time. A caravel sitting on it does prevent the tile from being worked however.

Top Bottom