Aeterna Civitas III

I've come to find that play testing is always the most demanding, but also the most crucial, aspect of the scenario designing process. It's a real pleasure to see your events trigger properly but a source of frustration when they don't and you can't figure out why. As you've said taking a step back for a while helps to give you a fresh perspective when you resume the work. From all the comments I've read from your play testers it's sounds like you're creating a real gem of a scenario. So don't give up because I'm looking forward to playing it!

@All
I apologise for my absence. After I ran into serious problems with ACIII my enthusiasm for playtesting ran dry and I felt I needed a break from the project before it became a chore. After all, scenario creation is a hobby and should be enjoyable. I have been enjoying the unusually nice weather in Wales, doing gardening work and had a few weeks in Portugal and my batteries are recharged. During this time my belief in ACIII never went away and I'm ready to go back to it with a fresh enthusiasm. Thanks for all of your feedback. It has been noted and I will go through it in detail.

I should really go back and finish this scenario properly. It was going so well, then just got really complicated, started crashing and I completely ran out of steam. With the extra ToTPP features, especially the extra events space I think I could go back to this one and make real headway.

I do really think a scenario dealing with the Rise of Rome on a grand scale is a very needed thing, especially with ToT and ToTPP now. I do, actually, have in the books, as one of my planned projects for the foreseeable future (about four completely new ones are in mind, as well as updating and completing my older EoTRS and Modern Middle East scenarios) once I give the finishing touches the Korean War, is actually a Fall of Rome Scenario, possibly from the unenviably role of the West Roman Emperor trying to hold his demesne together (though I'm not yet set on that PoV).

I'm pretty sure ACIII should be the project I will focus on finishing next. It was going along really well until I ran into some complex bugs. I'm hoping that if I go back to it with a fresh enthusiasm I can blast through those issues and get the momentum going again. It was a lot of fun to playtest and I think it could be a winner, especially with the new ToTPP features incorporated. For example I can now add Roman Roads (railroads) which the player can construct over the existing road network to speed up the movement of Roman armies.

Is the ACIII project finished/available? Where can I find it? Thanks!

@McMonkey has not not been among us here for quite some time. And, he's sadly left two unfinished projects never fully released - this and a WW2 Yugoslav Partisan one. Maybe one day he'll roll back around like a tumbleweed in a Spaghetti Western. We all can only hope that such a shining day comes around...

Top Bottom