BAT Errata

This almost sounds like a bug report. Can you please elaborate on this so I can fix the problem? Thanks!

Well, I just assumed I did something wrong with modifying the XML files. As mentioned some time ago, I wished there was an optional version of BUG with BULL installed, including the sentry actions - sort alike BUFFY.

Is there something specific that would help you figure this one out. Not sure what to provide you.

Fuyu maintains a BUG + BULL + Better AI merge. I just don't have the time to manage so many projects and installers. On top of my job I am the lead of another coding project and help out on two others. I had to draw the line somewhere.

EDIT: There, I changed it for you. My partner always says she lives with this woman, who's even more insane than Flo. :p
Doesn't she say that she lives with lots of women. Maybe you should sit her down and have a talk?
That better? ;)
much - mainly because I have no idea who the new girl is.

@ Lymond:

All fixed. :)

There was an error in the original CIV4PlotSystem.xml file for Cultural CityStyles, which Geomodder had corrected after the release of 2.3, and I forgot to include. It doesn't happen with all Civs, but the right combination will cause a crash, which is why it wasn't caught.

This is the file:

View attachment CIV4PlotLSystem.zip

Simply unzip the file to BAT Mod 2.3\Assets\XML\Buildings. But first, rename the old CIV4PlotSystem.xml to xml.tmp or something, so that you don't over write it in case it's still a problem.

Before I release this as a patch, would you mind testing it in your game save, please? Your machine is different than mine. It works for me, but I want to make sure it works at the source.

And my apologies for causing the dismay in the first place. :blush:

Hey LM -

Fired her up, made the trades, and played several turns with no problems. Nice to actually be able to continue this game.

thanks

Yes, a new BAT is coming out shortly. It's been delayed by a family member passing away, and the subsequent family foolishness because of it. I'm back home now, and I'm working on it again. I hope to be able to release the new version in a week or two.

My condolences on your loss. Thank you for the info and the work you do with BAT. Those efforts are appreciated and you seem like such a nice person as well. :) I was a bit afraid that with the new CIV V soon to arrive we might see dwindling updates for BTS or fugeteboud BAT 2.4

Hey LM -

Fired her up, made the trades, and played several turns with no problems. Nice to actually be able to continue this game.

thanks
Excellent! :goodjob:

And you're welcome. Let me know if anything goes bonkers on you. (Monty doesn't count.) :)

My condolences on your loss. Thank you for the info and the work you do with BAT. Those efforts are appreciated and you seem like such a nice person as well. :) I was a bit afraid that with the new CIV V soon to arrive we might see dwindling updates for BTS.
Thank you for the kind words. No fear about Civ 5 killing BAT for the foreseeable future. I'm having a hard time getting interested in Civ 5, so I'll probably stick with 4 until I see some interesting mods come out for 5.

And "nice person"? You don't know me very well, do you? :lol::lol::p

(I'm not that bad. I just have the proverbial Irish temper. Not that I ever display it here on CFC... :mischief: )

I must say how much I LOOOOOOOOOVE BAT. So many great features that make the play experience (too many to mention, but the auto pre-chopping is just phenoninol)

1 teenie tiny thing is the lack of an icon for the BAT desktop shortcut, and the difficulty creating a new one for other user accounts, when installed as a mod. Maybe choosing to install as a single user would be better?

Anyhow, 1 million thanks x

I must say how much I LOOOOOOOOOVE BAT. So many great features that make the play experience (too many to mention, but the auto pre-chopping is just phenoninol)

1 teenie tiny thing is the lack of an icon for the BAT desktop shortcut, and the difficulty creating a new one for other user accounts, when installed as a mod. Maybe choosing to install as a single user would be better?

Anyhow, 1 million thanks x
Thank you, Torrello. You're most welcome. :)

We love to produce it for everyone, as much as we like to play it.

The icon problem that you're having is somewhat common, and it has to do with a mistake that I made in the installer. I have fixed that for the next release, which is due out shortly. EF is putting the final touches on the DLL, and then away we go!

I think everyone who plays with BAT is really going to like the new release, and I promise to make sure the icon works this time. :blush:

Ooooooh an update :D :D :D Awesome.
I suppose one good thing about people's dissapointment about Civ5 is continues support for it's great utilities/mods etc

Keep up the bad work (please :king:)

Keep up the bad work (please :king:)
I'll do my worst. :p

I was afraid that the modding scene for Civ4 would dry up, but it seems that many are dissatisfied with V and are taking a wait and see approach. I'm going to try my hand at modding V, but I'll still be working on BAT for the foreseeable future. There are a number of things I'd still like to do.

Your support and comments really keep us going, and that's why we do this (aside from having a killer game for ourselves. ;))

So, thank you very much. :D

Looking forward to the new version of BAT, LM. I have V but it hasn't sucked me in yet. I expect to playing 4 for a loooooong time.

Gotta know who's the new avatar.

Did you see the progressive lady in House?

[...] I'm going to try my hand at modding V [...]

:banana::banana::dance::w00t:

This made my day! ;) (that and the ever changing avatars and the Pink Floyd signature).
Now, I know that buying Civ V was the right decision.

Btw, are you actually saying that you want to work on further updating BAT after version 3.0?

Regards,

Buford

Gotta know who's the new avatar.
I'm not really sure. She's some woman from a place that has art wallpaper. I cropped the thumbnail. She's quite pretty, though.
Did you see the progressive lady in House?
Most certainly. I think she's more fun as Flo, however. :)

Now, I know that buying Civ V was the right decision.
Well, thanks Buford, I'm glad that one of us made the right decision. :lol: Seriously, V isn't that bad. It just needs a tune up. It's going to be great with some work and polish.

Btw, are you actually saying that you want to work on further updating BAT after version 3.0?
Yes sir! As long as there is new content available, I plan to keep BAT up to date and fresh. EF and I had discussed a while ago what direction we wanted to go with it. There are a few components that we would still like to incorporate, and I'm going to be releasing some optional content, for those that want to take the game a little further and have the computer resources to do so.

It's a labor of love for me, and I enjoy it so much that I want to make sure that I finish what I started. ;)

It's a labor of love for me, and I enjoy it so much that I want to make sure that I finish what I started. ;)

That's what makes sure you get high quality work! Thanks a lot for all the effort you and the other people from the BUG team put into it.

This will help me (and a lot of other folks I guess) to bridge the time with Civ IV until you all get your hands on Civ V modding! :) I really think V has a lot of potential and after 2 add-ons and some modding it will be a jewel!

Maybe we could get an incremental update BAT 2.4 soon that includes the latest VD and
whatever else might be ready? like please?

V will be bad for another 6 months it seems...

Maybe we could get an incremental update BAT 2.4 soon that includes the latest VD and
whatever else might be ready? like please?

V will be bad for another 6 months it seems...
I do understand, Entwood. I do.

I have been holding off the release because I'm waiting for EF to finish up the new BUG and BULL releases. He's been so very busy with work the past few weeks that he's had limited time to work on it. I was thinking today that depending on his expected time frame, I might release with what I have now, and then do a "service pack" of sorts after the official release is available.

I'll speak to him about it and see what he thinks of the idea. I'm very conscious of the many fans who have been eagerly awaiting the release of 3.0. I'm excited myself, but I'm also mindful of pestering my very busy (and tired!) friend and mentor to push things out too early when there may be some bugs lingering. :)

fair enough.....I was suspecting you jumped ship or "Embarked" onto a "non-existing transport" over in CIV V or something.

fair enough.....I was suspecting you jumped ship or "Embarked" onto a "non-existing transport" over in CIV V or something.
Oh goodness, no. You can't get rid of me that easily. Don't think people haven't tried. :lol:

Do it Lemon...sharing is caring...or is that caring is sharing...You can read the V forums, some of them are trudging and mumbling back to the CIV IV mods for a bit until V sorts itself out.

The set up I like is BUG/BAT/ and FUYU's Better BTS AI; then just music replacement

If you want to get snappy, build in a new music option, that wouldn't violate unaltered game play mission statement...Lemon's music add_on...else AllegriMiserere

Top Bottom