[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

Newly released BXP Packs for BAT and BetterBATAI!!!

1. Scandinavia
2. The Ceilidh Pack (Ireland, Scotland and Wales.)
3. The Leaderhead Pack version 2 (With text fixes).
4. Hungary 2.0

The d/l link is on the first page of this thread.

Enjoy! :)

AWESOME!

The installer for Poland didn't work :(

Really? It used to. What the heck have I done now? :rolleyes:

Did the other ones work?

Really? It used to. What the heck have I done now? :rolleyes:

Did the other ones work?

All the others worked. I don't remember the error message, I'm not at my gaming pc right now, but I had a it in the previous version and was able to make it work. :)

All the others worked. I don't remember the error message, I'm not at my gaming pc right now, but I had a it in the previous version and was able to make it work. :)

I'll re-compile it and upload it again. Hopefully it will work this time. Thanks for letting me know about this. :)

hey - LM - do you have any suggestions for Denniz and his compile issues?

hey - LM - do you have any suggestions for Denniz and his compile issues?
I answered in the appropriate forum. BTW, the answer to the inevitable question is "me". :p

Thank you, Miss Lemon. Any chance Better BAT ai and all the extra civs could be available in one download with an installer giving one the option to install everything at once, or choose with civs tbey wa t to add?
Interesting idea, but the D/L size would be enormous. Just as an example, BAT 4 (unfinished) tops 1GB without any extra packs. :eek: Better BAT AI 2 would be the same size.

I'm not sure I want to burden players with a 2 GB D/L. :(

I first want to say thanks for all your amazing work with these mods, I just started playing civ 4 again because I hate 5, I downloaded BAT, MEE, and the leaderhead expansion (all amazing!). everything for the most part is working however some of the leaders are viewable in the civalopedia but are not attached to any civs and can't be selected as a playable leader, and in fact I don't even see a folder for them in the mod folder (e.g. Basil of Byzantium). any idea? I'm kinda computer illiterate so I apologize in advance :)

it also seems to cause the game to crash when I start a new game

I first want to say thanks for all your amazing work with these mods, I just started playing civ 4 again because I hate 5, I downloaded BAT, MEE, and the leaderhead expansion (all amazing!). everything for the most part is working however some of the leaders are viewable in the civalopedia but are not attached to any civs and can't be selected as a playable leader, and in fact I don't even see a folder for them in the mod folder (e.g. Basil of Byzantium). any idea? I'm kinda computer illiterate so I apologize in advance :)

it also seems to cause the game to crash when I start a new game
Thank you for the compliment.

I must have accidentally left in some content when I stripped some of the leaders out. I'll have to look into that. Sorry for the confusion.

How do you mean that the game crashes? Does it crash every time, or just with specific choices? A little more detail might help me figure it out. :)

upon starting a new game in the map loading screen the game simply stops working (no in game error messages), but only in the load screen, on a very rare occasion (1 in about 10 attempts) it will load and I don't seem to encounter any problems in-game after that. I tried using different map choices/sizes but that doesn't seem to affect the issue. It only happens with the leaderhead mod, I tried out the rest and they seem to work perfectly. I may not re-install it anyways cause I don't really like having leader like bush, putin, idi amin, etc. in the game (not really civ-worthy to me).

on a side note, is it possible to download stand alone leaderheads to input in the game? or does every download need be compatible with BAT? It's funny because some of the leaders that are in the mod that are not select-able are the leaders I would like to use the most! lol

thanks for your help!

upon starting a new game in the map loading screen the game simply stops working (no in game error messages), but only in the load screen, on a very rare occasion (1 in about 10 attempts) it will load and I don't seem to encounter any problems in-game after that. I tried using different map choices/sizes but that doesn't seem to affect the issue. It only happens with the leaderhead mod, I tried out the rest and they seem to work perfectly. I may not re-install it anyways cause I don't really like having leader like bush, putin, idi amin, etc. in the game (not really civ-worthy to me).

on a side note, is it possible to download stand alone leaderheads to input in the game? or does every download need be compatible with BAT? It's funny because some of the leaders that are in the mod that are not select-able are the leaders I would like to use the most! lol

thanks for your help!
Funny. I thought that I took out Putin and Bush...

Have you downloaded the most recent leader pack, or it this the older one? The older one did have crash problems because of the leaders that weren't in the game. I thought that I had corrected that, but maybe not...

You can merge in individual leaderheads if you like. Just make sure that they are "modular" (The listing in the d/l section should tell you if it is), and place it in the Assets\Modules folder inside the BAT folder. The path to BAT and the folder you want is usually:

\%username%\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BAT Mod 3.0\Assets\Modules

I hope that helps a little.

thanks for the info on the leaderheads, I'm gonna give it a try.

and I'm fairly certain I downloaded the most recent leaderhead mod (2.0) in the link you provided. should I download the better BAT AI? could that make a difference?

thanks for the info on the leaderheads, I'm gonna give it a try.

and I'm fairly certain I downloaded the most recent leaderhead mod (2.0) in the link you provided. should I download the better BAT AI? could that make a difference?

BBATAI won't make a difference. I messed up the XML for the leader pack and they don't show in game, but they do in the 'pedia. I'll fix it after Christmas. Sorry about that. I'm taking the file down.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

no worries, and no need for an apology! I'm just happy that there are people working so hard to improve the game for everyone else, I only wish I knew enough to do it myself!

Hi Lemon Merchant,

first many thanks for doing so much work on this great project.

I've downloaded 4.1 and installed and uninstalled BAT 3. Now trying to add a few BXP bits and pieces.

I'm downloading from Home / BAT Extras Packs / BXP For BAT 4.0

BXP MEE gives me the error - "There is a potential error with the installation. The installer cannot locate the BAT Mod 3.0...... The installation of MEE will now abort.

BXP Scandinavia Pack gives the same error apart from it refers to 'BAT Mod 4.0'

I let the BAT installer use the default directory - Beyond The Sword/MODS/BAT Mod 4.1 and the mod itself works well.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Top Bottom