EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

Burn the cemetery? It establishes a three-city area that will be the key to linking your southern and northern outposts.

I generally utilize the Hospital and Retirement Home for that instead. The Cemetery ends up becoming a defensive liability as far as I'm concerned.

This is a Minor Game Button Update that I adjusted for the game.
It is the X-o_ALLstates-sprite.pcx Buttons.

I made them so the Buttons appear Flatter without the extended light lines when pressed and the x button is now Red rather than the Green color used for the OK Button.
... Basically a simple visual difference to separate X and OK.

I am Updating the Game Download with these Buttons but for those of you who already have the Game and the 5-4-2013 Update, you can get the simple file here Attached at the bottom of the 1st Post.

Here is a preview:

Attachments

• X-o_ALLstates-sprite.png
    X-o_ALLstates-sprite.png
    758 bytes · Views: 144
Installed.

I've just noticed that there is a 'Space Ship - TO DOOOOOO' folder in there, Vuldacon. :)

Somehow, this content you have produced has made this game still relevant, and dare I say, compete, against the newer Civ games, like Civ 5. I love it.

I have updated the Game with another Minor Update.
I uploaded the Entire Game as well as place the Update3 for those of you who already have the Game and other 2 Updates.

Update3 can be downloaded here, located at the Bottom of Post#1.

This Update is basically to correct borders of text file pop ups, Diplomacy, Advisor and Game Dialog text windows but I Also adjusted a few other files.

...Some of the Original Files that came with CIV III/Conquests were not correct and caused the problem from following their same dimensions when making the game.

The popupborders.pcx, diplowinbox.pcx and dialog.pcx were cutting one pixel off the right side of boxes throughout the game.
This can be seen when contacting the "Caretaker", Advisor Screen Dialog Boxes and various other areas in the game where a Dialog Box is used.
Update3 corrects the problems.

I also adjusted a few other files and corrected the statement concerning the Zombies starting out with a Zombie Dog in the Civilopedia... This is a Pre-Zombie Dog.

Is our PBEM still palyable after downloading this?

(note: personally I'm sure it is, but who knows?)

I can't believe you finally finished this; I was starting to think you would have something in your will for your executor to publish it, it was like the Never Ending Story in game form! :lol: I can't BELIEVE I missed seeing this for so long, time really does fly. :sad:

Vuldacon, I have about 5 BIQ files for this already, not including any personal variants I've made; I have everything from EZI2 to EZI2Complete(v8). Do I have to download all of these new files, and will they mess up any of my existing saves of those earlier versions? :confused:

It is interesting to see all these other players' impressions/ideas. I see you are still pitching that 'surround all of your cities with units' plan, though I have always preferred to either put them into the city, or send them out to hunt. 1 unit in the city and 1 in each adjacent square is 9 units; that's an army in itself. Also, with so many vehicles and shooting units to use, I always found it easier to use fire brigades. In other words, let them land next to your city, and then just reinforce or kill them with fire brigades as needed. This also has the side effect of the zombies sending less at the other AI units since they keep trying to hit you instead. Most of the other factions seem to be able to hold their ground through the mid game quite easily this way. I've also noticed that once you get a city garrisoned with 3-5 units, the zombies stop trying to get it most of the time; they seem to like hitting the last city you conquered for some reason, which makes it easier to kill them, though it does slow you down too, a litle bit.

There is a tipping point in this scenario that moves at certain times in the game, mostly related to tech breakthroughs. If you can keep on the pace, or even better be ahead of the curve, the scenario can seem easy, but if you get behind it can be difficult to down right brutal, and it's a slippery slope. If you haven't got a viable position developed by the time the Monster Zombies arrive, they will cream you. :p

I do think it helps to keep your shooting units shooting at all times. Get them in a vehicle so they don't waste precious shots on movement, and remember that even a cruddly little basic zombie will upgrade to a monster eventually, so mow them all down if you can. Put those mediocre units that you can spare on the skyscrapers/apartmnts; if the zombies attack them they will usually be wounded, and easier to shoot and if they stay on the streets they are MUCH easier to kill.

I've always found the Farmers to be a bit easier since you can buy time by making peace with the Zombies if you need to, and their special units like Old Buzzard, the Prospectors, and the Sheep-related wonders/units can be quite flexible. They can slow to start though I guess.

I look forward to trying this latest version Vuldacon, as I see some new units and stuff has been added. :cool: KUDOS! :goodjob:

Sasebo, you should read the EFZI PBEM thread. The game's still being played, and the Zombies are getting their buttocks handed to them.

I read that. It's a completely different game from the solo version. I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and someone to backstab another human faction. Lord knows those buildings are easier to take then zombie held ones. It's always tempting to hit the other AI human factions in the solo game, though you are losing progress vs. the zombies if you do. It can be worth it but it can also backfire badly if you get quagmired. Still, the AI never uses it's resources well anyway. What is really interesting is seeing what buildings and it which order the varios factions go after.

I do agree with V that getting every building you can is the way to go. Even if the money isn't worth it, it's one less building for your rivals, and one less zombie building is a big deal. Yes, it does stretch your defenses, but in the long run it is worth it, and the zombie AI tends to focus on the weakest target it sees. If you get your garrison in place(4-6 units say), it tends to look elsewhere, and a couple well placed fire brigades and sewer reinforcements can handle most strays. The fire brigades are important; that's why I like the Farmers so much, since you get Old Buzzard right from the start. Put it somewhere central like the Hospital, and it can cover an enormous area.

Edit: If I DL this and put it in a different folder name I should be good to go, yes??

Hmmmmnope, you have to change the folder path in scenario properties if you change the folders.

Drat, I have 4 saved games with the older version around day 3-5. I don't want to lose those... :undecide:

Sasebo... EFZI2 Complete has many different additions and changes so if you have existing games you need to keep them separate. Because this Latest Game is called EFZI2 Complete, that should keep your games separate IF you keep all of your current games and files as they are.
... IF you are playing EFZI2 Complete from an earlier time, then your games would not be playable if you overwrite the files with this finished game.

My youngest brother is an aerospace engineer who works a lot with exotic materials & my middle brother is retired from the Coast Guard & now working on some advanced certifications for a new career working with large diesel engines. He also has a lot of experience with ultrasound, ASW, etc. Two engineers for brothers. I'm the Sheldon of the family. We get in some weird conversations that actually apply to scenario design. Feasibility of steam-powered vortex cannons for example.

So my middle brother called me the other day. He was having a disagreement with a less experienced instructor over whether Boyle's law could ever be applied to incompressible fluids. My brother knew you must use Pascal's law but wanted me to confirm it.

I eventually worked the conversation around to magnetorheological fluids. Got him to confirm that they're incompressible. Asked him if the fluid was moving with sufficient velocity and a strong enough electromagnetic field to separate the fluids was applied to one side would there be a shear effect along the interface of the two fluids? Confirmed. Asked if such a fluid could be a Bingham plastic in a stable form - I already knew that it could.

After a couple more minutes of disarmingly innocent conversation about the application of Pascal's law in diesel engines & related hydraulics I got him to confirm again that a rapidly moving magnetorheological fluid - in the form of a Bingham plastic - would experience a significant difference in velocity between the two fluids under such circumstances. That there might be enough shear that the fluids would effectively separate. When he agreed ... "So in other words if Steve McQueen had a big enough electromagnet the whole problem with the Blob would've been over really fast?" When he stopped laughing I gave him the punchline -

"After the zombie invasion if the geeky guy tells you to find him 100 feet of copper wire don't argue. Just do it. He probably knows something about zombies you don't."
He rofl'd for about 5 minutes. Srsly.

True story. Thank God for Wikipedia & EFZI.

Ah I see you like Guy Ritchie movies BlueMonkey. ;)I just watched Snatch last night, he is a good director, and his films are way funny, if a bit bloody. Nothing like as bad EZI2 though.

I had a :confused: moment when I came across the Aggressive Dogs in the Pedia before I saw the Attack Dogs were still in the scenario. I was like,"Why would he change the name???". I did get it working, have not checked every single thing yet, but so far, so good. I unzipped it to a different location, then renamed the folder, BIQ, and folder path to EZI2 Final so I could keep my older version saves, then moved them into the Conquests/Scenario folder. Speaking of older versions, I was looking at the BIQ file for EZI2 when I went to look at that folder path thingy, and and it is warm & fuzzy compared to the new one. :lol: What a thought, huh? The original EZI was actually quite a bit nastier, since you didn't have the shooting units in Civ 2, and the key resources could migrate and vanish on you, which was hellish when it was something critical. :p I don't think I ever actually won that scenario... :(

Am trying the Company, but I don't expect a lot of new things to kick in until later, so we will see how it plays out. Already at war with the Survivors on turn 5. :rolleyes: If they think The Company is going to let one measly civilian hold up our attack on the Hospital, they are dreaming! :spank:

Ah I see you like Guy Ritchie movies BlueMonkey. ;)I just watched Snatch last night, he is a good director, and his films are way funny, if a bit bloody. Nothing like as bad EZI2 though.
A Guy Richie zombie flic - now there's a thought. Some sort of Shaun of the Dead / Rock'n'Rolla crossover? Actually, I'd like to see Jake Green from Revolver pair up with Wittington from The Wolfen (Rule 8) for some serious Rule 2. If there's ever an EFZI 3 maybe a Raffish Rogues faction? The Fellows would definitely need to be in the soundtrack on that one.

Ok this version is quite a bit different then previous ones. I suspected as much when I saw the Sated Alpha List, and compared it with the older ones. I haven't gotten very deeply into it yet, but I can already see it is going to be a lot tougher. After you deal with the initial "houseclaning" ,i.e. the Hopsital/Coast Guard/Tokugawa's House and maybe the Dog Pound, where do you go next? In the older versions it would usually go Gaveyard, Snorkel Beach and then Paradise Resort, before you had to make any decisions. Now it seems much less clear, except it is going to take a good bit longer before Paradise Resort falls. It was only day 2 and already I could see putrids and morticians running around the AI faction areas, I can see that getting messy if I don't intervene...

I can see the Company can get off to a good start(two T-800s and the Director rock!), but I had an idea the other factions would be harder so I started a game as the Survivors to see it it was true. I was doing OK before I got greedy and went for the Plantation and Clem's. I got them easily enough, but Old Buzzard sank both of my Cruisers, what a disaster. :p I looked at the Authorites as well, but they are fine. It is harder to get going now, which I want to see play out ,so I am going to try the Farmer's; they should be the hardest faction to get up to speed and start taking zombie buildings, but I really want to try out those Powder Kegs without getting into trouble over them.:lol:

I have updated the Game with another small Update.
I uploaded the Entire Game as well as place Update4 for those of you who already have the Game and other 3 Updates.

Update4 can be downloaded here at the Bottom of Post #1.

Remade and added the x-combotopbar.pcx for the Contact Governor and
preference screen boxes so the colors fit the game better.

Highlighted the Combat Advisor on the advisor_tab.pcx file so when he is
clicked on in the Advisor Screen, he will have a Blue/Grey highlight around him.

Remade the scroll.pcx file to perfect all of the parts.

Corrected the buttonesFINAL.pcx in case anyone uses the small Jewel buttons on the file.

Remade the box right color.pcx and consoleBUTTONS.pcx to remove Grey Lines under the Buttons
and prefect the Movement of the Buttons on the Right Game Window.

Remade the box trans color.pcx to go with the box right color.pcx file.

Adjusted the advisor_tab.pcx and popupMILITARY.pcx.

Adjusted the Civilopedia to label the Zombies as Cannibalistic rather than Expansionists. This will not show on existing saved games but will on new games.

Note that this Update can be applied and will not cause problems in a previously saved Game as it is mostly a Graphics Update.

Sasebo... Be sure to read the Game Tips I wrote in the Game Concepts. Among other things, it states the Buildings you should go for as soon as possible.

What section heading is that under? I've looked at some of them, like the Capability Guides, but I don't recall a suggested building attack order. It seems like it's much more free-wheeling now instead on linear; it also seems a god bit harder. Thank God for those powder kegs, I've been using them left and right.

The Farmers can expand their power pretty quickly but you usually have to hit the other Human factions to do it. :( Vuldacon got to the Coast Guard before I could, so I had to have a short war with the Survivors to secure it. It's probably for the best, since I always seem to find the Garage is a good breakwater in the early/mid game period. I always seem to detroy the Machine Shop though, so I will have to wait to complete Mike's Auto Shop.

I ended up taking the Graveyard first, and then the Gentleman's Club, and now I am working on the Fast Food Joint. I'm not sure where to go after that, there are several good options. I would like to go for Paradis Resort, but I don't think I have enough power yet, even with a Cruiser. The sooner I get it the better though. How do you play the Farmers Vuldacon?

Top Bottom