Riddle

:D

Mr. Green, Mr. Red, and Mr. Blue were at the bar, having a drink. One man was wearing a red suit, one a green suit, and the last a blue suit.

"Have you noticed," said the man in the blue suit, "that although our suits have colors corresponding to our names, not one of us is wearing a suit that matches our own names?"

Mr. Red looked at the other two and said, "You're absolutely correct."

What color suit is each man wearing?

Ann swerved as she skidded over the broken glass, blowing out two of her tires. She stopped the car and suddenly her door was yanked open and a maksed man demanded her cash. After taking her money he ran off into the woods. Seeing a gas station in the distance, she began to walk.

She arrived to find Clyde asleep. She woke him up and said, "Excuse me, but I've just been robbed and I have a couple of flat tires. Can you help me?"

Clyde yawned and replied "Lady, I just sell gas. My brother up the road owns a sevice station, and he can help you." He got up and shuffled to the phone returning moments later to say his brother was on his way with the new tire. They arrived at the car just as the brother was installing the new tire Clyde had requested.

Ann paid him with a credit card, and drove to the police station to have somoene arrested for robbery. Who and why?

Sort of like Weasel's, but Clyde, because "the new tire Clyde had requested." how would he know which tire to bring? Clyde wouldn't know what tire to request unless she told him (she didn't) or he saw her tires earlier (he did?).

Turner_727 said:
Farmer Brown was cleaning out his old barn. He was dragging things out into the yard and filling containers with useless items he had collected over the years. At one point, he rolled an old barrel out of the barn which weighed 20 pounds. Farmer Brown put something in the barrel and when he was finished, it weighted less. What was it?

It could also be helium...

Heres one:

Jane is examining a body. She does not file her report with the police, who does she file one with and what is she looking at?

wrong. (xcl)

vikingruler said:
Heres one:

Jane is examining a body. She does not file her report with the police, who does she file one with and what is she looking at?

Her teacher, she's a medical student.

Ginger_Ale said:
It could also be helium...

Actually, it couldn't.
The question said it "weighed" less.
Filling it up with helium doesn't lower the mass (in fact it raises it minutely).
The barrel still has a mass, and concequently, a weight.

Turner_727 said:
Farmer Brown was cleaning out his old barn. He was dragging things out into the yard and filling containers with useless items he had collected over the years. At one point, he rolled an old barrel out of the barn which weighed 20 pounds. Farmer Brown put something in the barrel and when he was finished, it weighted less. What was it?
A very strong acid which would effectively reduce the weigth (and volume) of the barrel.

nonconformist said:
Actually, it couldn't.
The question said it "weighed" less.
Filling it up with helium doesn't lower the mass (in fact it raises it minutely).
The barrel still has a mass, and concequently, a weight.

But helium is less dense than air, so assuming the barrel wasn't vaccuum sealed, filling it with helium would lower the mass, and therefore the weight.

Top Bottom