Caveman 2 Cosmos

I got the endless turn error two times since last now and whenever I get it
I delete the c2c folder and install it again.
That has worked like a charm every time.

I have to apply the BUG settings again, but as long as it works I am happy :)

I got the endless turn error two times since last now and whenever I get it
I delete the c2c folder and install it again.
That has worked like a charm every time.

I have to apply the BUG settings again, but as long as it works I am happy :)

Whether you have a workaround or not, plese post save games exhibitting the issue, else it'll never get fixed.

When I discovered bronze working I automatically change civics to despotism and I can not revert back to chiefdom.

Is this working as intended?

I noticed this too. I'm not quite sure why it happens, but I think it was intended (by Afforess when he adde the civic city limits) so that you could only ever progress to larger limits on the number of cities.

I will post a savegame if the freeze happens again.

Can you guys change meditiation tech pls?

In order to spread your religions you MUST have meditation.
To get meditation you have to have polytheism and monotheism first.
This gives you 3 religions asap if you are the scientific leader.

I suggest either another tech allows you to make missioanries or hindu,judaism and budism gets founded by other techs.

Hello all,

I too am having the unending turn glitch. However I have a save, as attached. Usually I can get through them by declaring war on everyone for one turn or by saving as a scenario and loading it, but this time neither is working. I've also noticed the glitch usually happens when I'm sonewhere between 20-29 turns left on a golden age.

Attachments

• Saladinbuggedsave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
I will post a savegame if the freeze happens again.

Can you guys change meditation tech pls?

In order to spread your religions you MUST have meditation.
To get meditation you have to have polytheism and monotheism first.
This gives you 3 religions asap if you are the scientific leader.

I suggest either another tech allows you to make missionaries or Hindu, Judaism and Buddhism gets founded by other techs.

Pls look at my changes AFTER 15.1 and see if that would help?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429816&page=8

Hello all,

I too am having the unending turn glitch. However I have a save, as attached. Usually I can get through them by declaring war on everyone for one turn or by saving as a scenario and loading it, but this time neither is working. I've also noticed the glitch usually happens when I'm somewhere between 20-29 turns left on a golden age.

Have you checked this out:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=434712

Attached savegame CTD's on end of turn.
Using v15 with the name Caveman2CosmosSolo on the folder.
I also edited a few files. Let me know if you need those to check the CTD properly. Mainly 5-10-15-20 cities per civics, increased City Maintenance and reduced unit costs for the AI but also a few other small things.

It's a fun game so any solution would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

This save isn't crashing for me. Can you confirm:

1) It consistenty crashes for you on end-trun from the save. If not what actions do you take prior to the crash occuring?

2) You are running with the latest DLL from the patch thread (which is the August 10th one)

Hello all,

I too am having the unending turn glitch. However I have a save, as attached. Usually I can get through them by declaring war on everyone for one turn or by saving as a scenario and loading it, but this time neither is working. I've also noticed the glitch usually happens when I'm sonewhere between 20-29 turns left on a golden age.

End turn from the save game worked fine for me. Can you confirm:

1) All you need to do to get the turn hang is end-turn from that save game. If not then what else is required?

2) You are using the latest DLL from the patches thread (the one dated August 10th)

Attached savegame CTD's on end of turn.
Using v15 with the name Caveman2CosmosSolo on the folder.
I also edited a few files. Let me know if you need those to check the CTD properly. Mainly 5-10-15-20 cities per civics, increased City Maintenance and reduced unit costs for the AI but also a few other small things.

It's a fun game so any solution would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

This save isn't crashing for me. Can you confirm:

1) It consistenty crashes for you on end-trun from the save. If not what actions do you take prior to the crash occuring?

2) You are running with the latest DLL from the patch thread (which is the August 10th one)

1) No action taken other than ending turn and consistent crash every time.

2) Tried with both DLL files, same effect. It does go a little ways into the next turn (AI movements) before crashing.

Windows tells me it's the BTS DLL file crashing?

Spoiler :
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e42a811
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002cfa57
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1053
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Going to try reverting all files back to original 15.1 to see if it helps.

Edit:
Pure 15.0 + 15.1 patch saves the day. No CTD. Now to test with a few changes at a time to see where the problem lies.

1) No action taken other than ending turn and consistent crash every time.

2) Tried with both DLL files, same effect. It does go a little ways into the next turn (AI movements) before crashing.

Windows tells me it's the BTS DLL file crashing?

Spoiler :
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e42a811
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002cfa57
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1053
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Going to try reverting all files back to original 15.1 to see if it helps.

Edit:
Pure 15.0 + 15.1 patch saves the day. No CTD. Now to test with a few changes at a time to see where the problem lies.

Maybe there is some interaction with your modified assets that means the cash doesn't happen at that point for me. I presume you don't have the setup to build the DLL yourself (in which casse I could probably talk you through debugging it to the extent of getting the necessary information). Failing that I could give you a debug build that might possibly throw an informative assertion failure before the crash, if you're up for that?

I don't now what this means. But i got this error. (See Attachment)

Do you have a save game that produces it? It means something went wrong in the python event handler when a unit was built. It's probably largely harmless, but if you can reproduce it I'll try to track it down

Top Bottom