1upt No So Cool

There are some questions I would like to ask again to the defenders of 1 upt :

Okay.

- Do you realize that a deity AI has, for example, one unit in every tile of his territory in late game ?

Sometimes. Our very first game was Emperor on continents. We 'civilized' our part of the world, and discovered the New World just as Alexander was wiping out his last opponent. We looked over his lands and saw nothing but musket and pike everywhere. Everywhere!

- Do you realize that in those conditions, The AI cannot use all its potential in a war, and that most of its units are useless ?

We considered it as hordes. And they were quite difficult to beat as they came in wave after wave against our beachhead. There seemed no end of Greeks.

- Do you realize that it is impossible for the AI to manoeuvre its units in a tactical way since it cannot move its units where he wants because of a lack of space ?

Sure. But the Greek hordes were quite sufficient to make the invasion a challenge.

- Do you realize that, even if the AI can be improved for the early game, it is an impossible task to make a good AI in late game because of these reasons ?

It can probably be handled better, no doubt.

I took the example of a game in Deity, but I saw all this in a game 'only in emperor', a civ with a whole continent and 30+ cities, I was able to snipe its capital city because all its units were dispersed and units kept blocking each other (not that it is the fault of the AI, I wouldn't have done any better in its place).

How were you able to snipe the enemy capital when it was surrounded by hordes? Was it near the coast?

This is the main reproach I have against 1 upt, I would like to know what the defenders of the 1 upt think about those problems, they are so game breaking I don't know how anyone can defend 1 upt (I don't necessarily want SoD back, but I don't see how 1upt is the solution).

Yes, the AI needs fewer, more advanced units, and the means to use them. The game needs a significant rebalancing.

You're introducing extraneous issues. Horsemen are overpowered; their counter, the spearman is underpowered by comparision; and the AI doesn't produce or upgrade units in the first part of the game. These are all fixable issues.

I assume that they will do not fix unit values for sure; if they do, it means that they do not test the game at all... It would be an admitted guilty... So assuming that, any change in number of troops, will be detrimental...

Hmm, I see your point, if the units costs were higher it would make a better 1 upt in late game.

Top Bottom