Refresh rates

Elenhil

Warlord
How can I change screen refresh rates forced by CiV in video options? The range it gives me is narrower than the actual range my monitor can handle. I use an refresh rate override program which works with other games but unfortunately not with CiV.

Oh...umm...that answer was unexpected. Thought it would be a non issue.
Can't tell that much here, i also have often problems with the never games, which do not want to run with anything higher than 60 hz (but can't tell you about Civ5, don't have it).
So...with what refresh rate is it running? 75 should be sufficient.

There problem is Vertical Frequency for CRT monitors does not actually equal refresh rate. Otherwise 75 vs 100 would really make no difference. But it does. I want 1600x1200@100

Oh...umm...that answer was unexpected. Thought it would be a non issue.
Can't tell that much here, i also have often problems with the never games, which do not want to run with anything higher than 60 hz (but can't tell you about Civ5, don't have it).
So...with what refresh rate is it running? 75 should be sufficient.

Really? I've never had an issue when I've bothered checking (my monitor can run up to 120hz, which is incredibly pointless, I just leave it at 60 or whatever).

EDIT: I have an LCD. Don't have room nor need of the overly bulky and heavy CRTs.

Has this been adressed in the modding forum? It may have to be covered "in-game", since Civ5 probably ignores third party apps.

Or try updated drivers that would cover that refresh rate, or upgrade monitors.

I can get 120 at lower resolutions, too. Image quality does suffer at the extremes. But 100 is OK for a really decent monitor (otherwise I wouldn't have had it).

It's a pity they have resolution in the ini file but RR is hard-coded.

The hz is usually for a flickering issue. I get a screen flicker on my LCD monitor if i go below below 75hz

Top Bottom