Question after redownloading Civ5

nokmirt

Emperor
I redownloaded the game through steam. I changed my xml file, and it got screwed up. Anyway, now I have a new copy but when I go to steam and press play, I only get an option to play CIV 5 with direct x 9, before I was able to choose 10 or 11. It won't highlight the choice like before. It did give me the option to create a DX 11 shortcut. What happened and how can I fix this problem? Thanks for any help.

I never changed any of my computer settings, as far as I know. What should my compatibility setting be at for DX 11? Not sure what the original setting was. I have windows 7 64 bit.

That one is capable of DX11, so that's not hte problem.

Just greyed out or also other issues with the button/choice?

All of the sudden its just greyed out and I could highlight it with the cursor before. Weird!

I would do a check local directory, however it may have been "patched" out after one of the latest patches. Backup Backup Backup

I would do a check local directory, however it may have been "patched" out after one of the latest patches. Backup Backup Backup

When I redownload is the new patch automatically applied? What version is the game now? My game is version 1.0.1.167 is this the patched version?

:yup: that is the latest patch, and steam should always automatically patch the game.

:think: okay, did you try the standard procedures clearing the cache and checking integrity?

J sorry about the other post. Anyway, I am reloading the game content through steam, so I will let you know here soon. I did verify the integrity before and it said it would automatically validate 4 files it did not find. I did not defrag the cache. I will reapply the game and see what happens from there first.

What I did yesterday was delete the game from my pc, and redownload it. Now it downloaded the game through steam but steam did not update my game settings based on the performance of my pc. These were for some reason overlooked.

I will let you know what happens. :(

Ok, I found out my issue. I have a clean new slate, all files cached and validated. The reason why I could not play in DX11 was that I had to uncheck the main CIV 5 launch.exe run compatibility box. I did that and moved the shortcut to my desktop. But from steam it gives me the option again anyway, so I am all set. :D

Top Bottom