Dutch walkthrough of Morocco and Civil War scenario

stealth its in there at metallurgy. It really just took the Kremlin's place

Why would they want to take the Motherland Calls out?

When I saw the artwork for the first time I was like "what is that? Is that even a real thing?" and I was astonished with its existence, I had never heard of it. Then I thought "could there be a more awe-inspiring statue that celebrates civic duty?"

I can't get it... especially as the Kremlin dates back to Czarist Russia.

Yeah, bumping the Motherland Calls and moving the Kremlin forward stinks. At least rename the Kremlin Red Square I guess. I am excited for the Red fort, though, but they could have included it and both of the above wonders.

As for an Autocracy wonder: Prora is ridiculous. The EUR as a whole is pretty bland, but standing beneath the Palazzo della Civiltà on a brisk day, with the wind whipping around it is quite overwhelming (not in a positive way, of course). So the Palazzo would have been a better pick in my opinion, or the Valley of the Fallen (never been there myself). Either way, an Autocratic wonder from a Romance country better reflects the cultural victory potential of Autocracy than anything Nazi. The Nazis just produced overly-'realist' bunkum, but Italian Futurism and many of the mid-20th century cultural products of the Hispanic world are very artful.

How do we know that Motherland Calls is totally out and is not just a regular world wonder now?

Because we've seen the whole tech tree.

Motherland Calls out - that's bad news.
India is probably reworked - that's good news.

However, I don't see there the Red Fort is in tech tree or in SP. Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone! Missed it. So, yes, India will got a rework.

I don't get it, why would the Red Fort imply any change in India? :confused:
The Maya have a Pyramid UB, despite the existence of Chichen Itza, Egypt has a Burial Tomb UB, despite the existence of The Pyramids, Siam has a Wat UB, despite the existence of Angkor Wat...

It's not unprecedented to have a "regular" building as a UB, and a "grand" version of said building as a World Wonder.

I really don't see the inclusion of The Red Fort as any sign that they changed India.

They are saying it because the icon for the mughal fort UB is based off of the Red Fort. It's supposed to represent a generic mughal fort though that can be built in every city, so i don't see this as a particularly strong indication (if an indication at all) that india will be reworked

Wishful thinking!

Also, unlike those other examples, the building icon for the Mughal Fort actually is the Red Fort specifically.

But mostly it's wishful thinking by those of us who don't like the Indian UA and UB.

Well that and the fact that we already know the Mughal fort will need a rework to accommodate the new mechanics. Also they mention how they really valued fan feedback in choosing civilizations. Why not value that feedback in reworking them. India is hands down the number 1 most requested rework in the game. It is a very unpopular civ. Since they went into this expansion thinking it the final one why leave a civ so unpopular. India is supposed either the or one of the most important tall culture civs and has failed. In an expansion focusing on its theme, peaceful play and culture, its more likely than some to get a rework.

For crying out loud, Indonesia's UB is more impressive than the Prora 'wonder'

Examples of Candi's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candi_of_Indonesia#Gallery

Prora:

Spoiler :

I don't even...

Surely there are other European wonders under that ideology they could have picked from?

This... So much this... :sad:
It makes it even more painful to think that Motherland Calls has been removed, and yet this revoltingly ugly block of cement wasn't! :(

The Valley of the Fallen seems to be a popular pick for the Autocracy wonder, and after seeing some images of it I agree. It's certainly a more impressive landmark than the freaking Prora.

Maybe someone with the proper art skills could create a mod that replaces the Prora with the Valley. I love me some aesthetic mods and that seems like it would be a nice one to have.

:eek: Is that even... real? God, I feel like I've entered 1984! That thing is intimidating as heck!
EDIT: Made a Google search, turns out it is (it's the Italian Fascist Party Headquarters, from what I could gather)... My mind is blown...

The Valley of the Fallen seems to be a popular pick for the Autocracy wonder, and after seeing some images of it I agree. It's certainly a more impressive landmark than the freaking Prora.

The choice of wonder also depends on what effects it is going to have. And even though the effects of wonders can have little connection to the actual building, I can't see Firaxis going that far that they would assign the current happiness bonuses from Prora to the Valley of the Fallen, which is basically a cemetery.

Top Bottom