Few more questions on embassy's archers etc.

Antmf

Chieftain
Hey guys, I have a few noob questions that have been a little confusing to me as I play.
1- Is it worth it when another civ wants to do the whole embassy thing and what exactly does that do? What are the pro's and cons of it?
2- How come sometime I see archers or bowman shoot their arrows twice and a lot of the times I see them shoot only once?
3- Once I do the usual tech like mining or Animal husbandry/trapping or calendar depending on my Lux resources around me I get confused as to what route I should go for next. Ie: I have improved all the tiles at my capital and did all the research needed to do improve said tiles, but after that which way should I go? This is the part where I feel I have no plan or how and what to do next.
4- Can anyone explain how I go about getting a science victory and what it entails? Then after that I will try culture and domination etc. I just don't know what to build and or do for each victory. Thanks all...

2- How come sometime I see archers or bowman shoot their arrows twice and a lot of the times I see them shoot only once?
3- Once I do the usual tech like mining or Animal husbandry/trapping or calendar depending on my Lux resources around me I get confused as to what route I should go for next. Ie: I have improved all the tiles at my capital and did all the research needed to do improve said tiles, but after that which way should I go? This is the part where I feel I have no plan or how and what to do next.

#2- Logistics is a promotion (available after three previous promotions) that enables a ranged unit to fire twice in one turn. Each fire costs one movement point. In addition, the Chinese cho-ko-nu starts with the ability to fire twice per turn.

#3- Aim for Philosophy and build the National College. That will give you a huge boost to your science, which will make many other options available to you. Along the way, you will need to research Calendar, and if you're interested in founding a religion, build Stonehenge while you're researching Philosophy. Be sure to have libraries in all your cities when you finish researching Philosophy, as that's a requirement to build the National College.

1. It's a minor faction boost toward friendship. If you do it right away with civs who have already explored the periphery of your capitol, it's a good lead into early war allying.
Sometimes a city state will give faction for "discovering a civ". This means finding their cultural border, and paying the gold for an embassy in their capitol is well worth it.
Sometimes warmongers like Attila, Temujin or Monte haven't yet discovered your capitol's border, and you really shouldn't give them an embassy, unless you're ready to get attacked.

2. Sometimes this is just the graphic. Sans logistics, sometimes it's just animated this way and it nets the same damage.

3. Situational. Depends on what you want to do. Big early population gains, especially with ics liberty reduce the necessity for early NC because your capitol population is likely not yet massive and you net about as much science purely from 5 citizen in each of 6 cities, as 1 size 9 capitol with NC and 3 smaller 3s and 4s.
It's up to you, really. Once you've covered your bases for exploiting your early luxuries, you could beeline religious stuff, start your culture drive, lean heavily on the "bottom of the chart" for warmongering, or work research infrastructure for early universities. What looks like a good option considering your starting position? Are you surrounded by aggressive opponents? Are you alone on an island?

4. There are many advice threads on science victory. You should spend some time looking up those. It's too much data to add to this thread, and redundant with so many other threads on the topic.

4- Science victory revolves around building an interstellar spacecraft in your capital. First you have to build the Apollo Program (Rocketry), then you start building components of the spacecraft. Each component requires a different technology to make it. All of the Space Race technologies are in the Atomic or Information Era. YOu can build the different components in any city, but they become terrestrial units and you have to move them to your capital in order to add them to your spacecraft. The terrestrial units can be destroyed by your enemies and you can only have one at a time, except boosters.

Once all components have been built, moved to the capital, and added to the spacecraft, it will launch and the game is won. In previous Civ games you had to wait 30 turns or so for the spacecraft to reach Alpha Centauri, its destination. That is not the case in Civ V.

You can build Spaceship Factories and the Hubble Telesope wonder to help you build components faster.
best of luck

I just sell embassies now mostly for gold, to whoever. If aggro civs DOW, let them, it will happen sooner or later anyways with or without embassies. I rather get the 20-25 gold since gold in the early game is needed. If they DoW, I'll sign another embassy for more measely 20-25 gold, lol.

I sell embassies if I've already found the other civs' capitals, but I trade straight up if I haven't. I always try to trade with the Polynesians if they are on a different landmass because it gives you an idea of where to send your first caravel in order to meet trading partners.

I sell embassies if I've already found the other civs' capitals, but I trade straight up if I haven't. I always try to trade with the Polynesians if they are on a different landmass because it gives you an idea of where to send your first caravel in order to meet trading partners.

It's good to wait for the trade though since CS often ask you to seek out other civ lands if the AI met you first when you haven't found their land yet. Buy their embassy then and you get 35 influence for 25g, which is a pretty epic deal. :>

Top Bottom