What balance changes are you hoping for?

A couple more ideas and responses...
I really think there should be different levels of Open Borders. One that allows Scouts, exploration units and civilians through, and one that allows for military movement and assistance/occupation.

Yeah, I could support this too. It's just so annoying when you have certain maps that seem to be like continents connected by tiny one hex chokepoints that the AI city spam cuts off. I have had games where it was literally impossible to meet more than one civ because the AI borders had locked me into my chokepoint and blocked the coast tiles.

Babylon

That unique unit should have been made a Composite Bowman UU in G&K. That is really what they were, historically. I can't for the life of me figure out why this change wasn't made.

Babylon's bowman needs to get buffed somehow. Yes, the bowman is awesome for an archer, but composite bowmen come into play so quickly that the Babylonian bowmen never get a chance to shine.

That's not the point of the Bowman, though. The point of the Bowman is to let you just say "f*ck Construction" and go straight to Philosophy while being defend yourself even against enemy Swords and CBs, which certain civs(Inca, Spain, etc) tend to go after harder than others. They also let you save some money by not necessarily having to upgrade to CBs right away when you do get to that tech, so that money can go to Libraries or Granaries. The Walls of Babylon are ridiculous, too; people really underestimate +6 defense and +100 HP. You can get an insanely fast NC even while facing multiple DoWs because of all their early benefits, which by extension makes the rest of the game, i.e. Education, comes faster as well. This is commonly forgotten in Babylon vs Korea arguments as well, where people seem to forget that Bablyon will by definition have a faster victory time than Korea if Korea gets killed off early by a t45=50 DoW from Alex or (God forbid) Darius and loses. :p

This is commonly forgotten in Babylon vs Korea arguments as well, where people seem to forget that Bablyon will by definition have a faster victory time than Korea if Korea gets killed off early by a t45=50 DoW from Alex or (God forbid) Darius and loses. :p

This is basically a difficulty question, though, because on lower difficulties you can go ages without construction regardless. Immortal and Deity, Babs are probably better. King and below, UU and UB are useless because they're not necessary, meaning Korea's boosts outweigh Babs survivability. Emperor, it's preference.

I was asked by Catherine, 4 grand for a pop 3 city surrounded by sea in tundra...Just saying.

Oh, yeah, I somehow missed that part. I actually don't sell cities to the AI anymore because they overvalue them and it makes the game pathetically easy.

Please note neither of these cities had any wonders in them. Yes the first one is from vanilla but these are the only ones I have on hand and the point still stands :p
Spoiler :

It's not uncommon for the AI to offer 1000-2000 gold for even a garbage city. I recall in DC #7 or whatever, the Arabia one, I sold a 1 pop Ravenna to Pachacuti for almost 1400 gold and took it back when he backstabbed me about 5 turns later. I then could have sold it to Japan, who hated my guts in every way possible, for almost 800 gold simply because it was close to him, but I passed.

You can also see this in peace deals when the AI offers you a 10-11 pop city with no wonders and nothing else, but if you reject it and instead take like 7000 gold + 200gpt they say your offer was "generous". :crazyeye:

Top Bottom