The full list of Civilizations in Civ V!

Are you always this happy?

Although I really can't blame you. I would be, too... had I seen [and heard] Gandhi...

Maybe when Gandhi is wiped out his last words will be, "He ram!" (albeit some reports say he said "rama, rama", and others say he said nothing at all).

I'm a happy person, but I am soooooo exited I can hardley stand it :D what does he ram mean? 'good bye' in Indian?

Gandhi looked very tall in the animated version.

And as for "he ram!", I assume those were probably his last words, as that would fit Alsark's context.

According to Google Languages, it's a translation of "Jesus!", in the sense of it as an interjection, or it is (when He and Ram are entered seperately) "O Rāma!"

And Wikipedia states it as meaning "Oh God!"

Well. In Indian Hinduism mythology. Rama is 7th avatar of Vishnu which the avatar is human with green skin (I admire the indian imagination...) Then he had a beautiful wife after winning the contest of lifting divine bow. Then he , his brother and his wife have to become a Yogi (Maybe?) and wandered in forest. But there are an lustful ogre name "Todsakan" (in thai, i guess it would similar in traditional indian) meaning "Ten head" (Again, I admire them) kidnapped her. So Rama and his brother were finding for help. Then they found Hanuman, A white powerful monkey (or ape) who are son of god of wind. He join Rama's force probably because he was born for this. Hanuman then lead them to the monkey (or ape) city name Kidkin (in thai, and admire them again) which chaotic because misunderstanding between brothers. Rama then rightfully kill older and recruit monkey (or ape) armie to war with Todsakarn. (What will be fun than imagine an monkey army fight an ogre army. And admire them through.) With divine help and his stronger "officers". The Todsakarn's kin is dying one by one. Then Todsakarn is defeated and Rama get his wife back. Then they're live happily ever after. THE END (Admire their imagination)

As I write the shorten version of "Ramayana" Rama is rather an war hero fought for justice or for is wife. But whatever, Ramayana is an indian epic. So Gandhi last word probably mean "mythological hero who fight for good and virtue"

Well. In Indian Hinduism mythology. Rama is 7th avatar of Vishnu which the avatar is human with green skin (I admire the indian imagination...) Then he had a beautiful wife after winning the contest of lifting divine bow. Then he , his brother and his wife have to become a Yogi (Maybe?) and wandered in forest. But there are an lustful ogre name "Todsakan" (in thai, i guess it would similar in traditional indian) meaning "Ten head" (Again, I admire them) kidnapped her. So Rama and his brother were finding for help. Then they found Hanuman, A white powerful monkey (or ape) who are son of god of wind. He join Rama's force probably because he was born for this. Hanuman then lead them to the monkey (or ape) city name Kidkin (in thai, and admire them again) which chaotic because misunderstanding between brothers. Rama then rightfully kill older and recruit monkey (or ape) armie to war with Todsakarn. (What will be fun than imagine an monkey army fight an ogre army. And admire them through.) With divine help and his stronger "officers". The Todsakarn's kin is dying one by one. Then Todsakarn is defeated and Rama get his wife back. Then they're live happily ever after. THE END (Admire their imagination)

As I write the shorten version of "Ramayana" Rama is rather an war hero fought for justice or for is wife. But whatever, Ramayana is an indian epic. So Gandhi last word probably mean "mythological hero who fight for good and virtue"

What you said is brilliant, I admire Indian Mythos too (though this may be because I'm Indian)

That sounds like it would make an awesome anime.

Yeah, "He ram!" translates to, "Oh, God!" If anybody ever watched the 1982, Best Picture Oscar movie "Gandhi", he says, "Oh, God!" when he gets assassinated at the end. ... Oops. Was that a spoiler?

And thanks, Gedemo! Man, people weren't kidding, Gandhi really does look ugly in Civilization V! Which doesn't make any sense. Gandhi should be the sexiest leaderhead in the line-up. That's why I never understood when people who made polls that go, "Which leader is the most attractive?" and Gandhi isn't an option. ... Although I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't include him as an option, because he's such an obvious option that everybody would pick him and the poll wouldn't be very interesting.

Anyone else finding it strange that Babylonia isn't actually mentioned on the site? It is a confirmed civ and I'd like to see this deluxe persona and read what extremely interesting factoids they'd put out ("Babylonians were historically known as master tower builders"). And for 2K it'd be a chance to plug their exclusive deluxe version.
The Deluxe version, or any mention of a Babylon Civ, can't be found on Steam anymore.
So options are:
-Steam messed up.
-2k/Firaxis decided to not release the Deluxe version and bring out Babylon as DLC.
-2k/Firaxis decided to not release the Deluxe version and bring out Babylon as part of a full expansion.

Can anyone who pre-ordered the Steam Deluxe version see if something changed with their order?
(The Deluxe version can still be found in google's cache, but if you go to the current version of the same link, deluxe isn't there anymore.)

Can anyone who pre-ordered the Steam Deluxe version see if something changed with their order?

Still says "Civilization V - Deluxe Edition" in my games list. If something is wrong, I guess they have to decide on what to do with it and contact all purchasers, though. They wouldn't just change it without a notification and option to cancel the deal. So it could take a little while.

That sounds like it would make an awesome anime.

Yeah, "He ram!" translates to, "Oh, God!" If anybody ever watched the 1982, Best Picture Oscar movie "Gandhi", he says, "Oh, God!" when he gets assassinated at the end. ... Oops. Was that a spoiler?

And thanks, Gedemo! Man, people weren't kidding, Gandhi really does look ugly in Civilization V! Which doesn't make any sense. Gandhi should be the sexiest leaderhead in the line-up. That's why I never understood when people who made polls that go, "Which leader is the most attractive?" and Gandhi isn't an option. ... Although I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't include him as an option, because he's such an obvious option that everybody would pick him and the poll wouldn't be very interesting.

1.) I think he says the same thing at the beginning, and they show that, as we tried to watch it in 7th Grade Social Studies several years ago, and never finished it, but I distinctly remember that.
2.) To quote a conversation between my World History teacher and a student:

Student: Ew, Gandhi so ugly!
Teacher: (whips around and stares) What? Are you kidding me? Gandhi's freaking adorable! I wanna take home a stuffed animal Gandhi!

It's a nice tidbit I though relevant to the second half of your post.

I'm surprised at the news the Deluxe Edition has suddenly disappeared from the pre-order options. I can confirm this from where I'm sitting.

This could be a sign there are renegotiations happening between Valve and 2K/Firaxis. I'm sort of hoping for people to speculate on what's going on here, but maybe it's in different threads to this one that it's going on.

Can't belive I missed the full list of leaders!

Ok so Liz is a good choice of leader for the brits but when will they recognise some of the othe leaders (and I don't mean Churchill). What about Cromwell?! Or Edward "Long Shanks". Or William the Conquerer? Or etc.... Ha I'd love to see Thatcher as a leader, just imagin the horrid artwork for that!

Also I'd like to see a Longbow UU for the Brits.

On the screenies. My concerns regarding the rubbishness of the cities is really growing. Why is there modern looking highrise in a clearly early industrial period?

They better release any DLC civs as a retail EXP or I'm mailing EDIT: angry bees to thier family homes....

Moderator Action: No need to swear; you can express the same points without it. keep in mind that swearing is infractable . You have been warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

They are not the Brits, they are the ENGLISH. I'm sorry, it just annoys me to no end when people confuse them :(

You're right. I'm pretty slack about that distinction.

As an Englishman I hang my head for not reading the information properly and confusing the Civ names :blush:

I guess I was a bit exited at the time!

As an aside. How can it be the English and not the British (at least in Civ4)? Ok so Liz would be english but Victoria and Churchill definately count as BRITISH leaders IMO.

At the mods. I apologise for my profain use of language and will never mention DLC again....:joke:

They put in civilizations like the songhai, siam iroquois and they didnt put in the colonizing powers of spain portugal and the netherlands...amazing.-.-

It seems likely that one of the expansion packs will have a colonial theme.

Can't belive I missed the full list of leaders!

Ok so Liz is a good choice of leader for the brits but when will they recognise some of the othe leaders (and I don't mean Churchill). What about Cromwell?! Or Edward "Long Shanks". Or William the Conquerer? Or etc.... Ha I'd love to see Thatcher as a leader, just imagin the horrid artwork for that!

Also I'd like to see a Longbow UU for the Brits.

On the screenies. My concerns regarding the rubbishness of the cities is really growing. Why is there modern looking highrise in a clearly early industrial period?

They better release any DLC civs as a retail EXP or I'm mailing EDIT: angry bees to thier family homes....

Moderator Action: No need to swear; you can express the same points without it. keep in mind that swearing is infractable . You have been warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Wales still has the better looking flag :p

I hope... someday... see a 'venetian civilization' in the Civilization series. It could be a very nice trade-oriented civilization.
After civilizations like the Holy Roman Empire all is possible.

I've been campaigning for Venice for years. Their maritime empire was pretty cool and they have one of the more unique Italian histories. I don't see it happening any time soon, though (and people who dismiss it as just a city state don't help).

That being said, I've heard it will be a city state and, although it was more, I'm willing to give credit for some representation for now.

Top Bottom