Anyone else sad they won't play V on release?

Skwink

FRIIIIIIIIIITZ
I am. I have a Mac, so I will be waiting a while. What about you guys?

I live in Europe, so I'll have to wait until the 24th. Luckily the demo is released for all on the 21st :)

Still, I have sympathies for you and your Mac. Might be a long wait :(

If you've got an intel-based Mac you can install Windows on your computer. I did it once and it's quite easy. You just have to... you know, buy windows :) (a waste of money but still :D)

Why won't you be buying it The J? And yeah Skwink, you can just use boot-camp. Very simple. Just search boot camp in Finder.

I am sad also

I was so looking forward to a new version of CIV 5

Hopping for it to look more like CIV 3

But it looks like anything but a CIV game

So, I will not buy it

At least until I had the chance to properly test the demo or wait for the add-ons

I am sad also

I was so looking forward to a new version of CIV 5

Hopping for it to look more like CIV 3

But it looks like anything but a CIV game

So, I will not buy it

At least until I had the chance to properly test the demo or wait for the add-ons

You can't make everybody happy. I didn't like Civ 3 at all. I loved Civ 4 but the war mechanics are a mess. And if you try to play a multiplayer game it's a disaster. I know it's not supposed to be a network game, but it's fun to waste your life *with* other people :)

I am very sad because I won't play it on release. Since I live in europe. And even more sad since it's a digital download, so it makes no sense at all. I'm sure it makes some sense because of evil agreements with evil retailers, but for us, it's a nonesense discrimination.

If I had a Mac and no PC or possibility to run Windows, I'd buy a second hand PC just to play Civ5.

If I had a Mac and no PC or possibility to run Windows, I'd buy a second hand PC just to play Civ5.

I'd completely get rid of my pc (since I have a mac, I don't need the two) if it wasn't for Civ. I honestly... can't live without that game. My friends and I are constantly meeting just to play in a small lan party and Civ is perfect for that. And since it's better to keep the barbarians away (==windows) - the pc is here to stay :)

I just wonder - will the mac version be steam connected now, that steam in on MacOS...

My graphics card is probably not up to it, though I'm going to give the demo a whirl. I just can't justify upgrading/replacing my PC right now, so Civ5 will have to wait until maybe next year.

The only sad part is I'm in class from 9:15 am until 8:00 pm on Tuesdays with very minimal breaks in between classes. At least I know it'll be completely downloaded by the time I'm back in my room. :p

I live in Europe, so I'll have to wait until the 24th. :(

Its a good thing that Iceland (where I live) is getting Civ 5 on the 21st even despite technically being a European country :D

.....and we get to pay for our STEAM products in dollars as well which means we pay less then those of you who have to deal in Euros as well :king:

Just another proof that the EU sucks......:lol:

I pretty much only buy games that release on steam. There are a few exceptions - I'll buy Blizzard games (their download manager works fine for me), and if a game is good enough I'll make an exception anyway, but yeah. Steam is my preferred platform for PC gaming.

Top Bottom