Pantheon, Founder and Follower Beliefs

Huh. Odd that they made the mosque / cathedral split.

Yes. I thought that was a bit strange; but then much of the structure of religion in the game is driven by a desire not to favour one religion over another. Picking cathedrals suggests a focus on Christianity over other religions and so it makes sense to include other prominent types of religious structures.

It also allows for a bit more variety in terms of the bonuses that can be applied to the buildings, since they can be differentiated.

Monument to the Gods -

+15% Production of Ancient / Classical Wonders

I can bet this one is going to be nerved just like they nerved tradition

huh? I'm pretty sure everyone can pick the same Pantheon beliefs. Only the Founder and Follower Beliefs are limited.
I'm just going by the Computer Bild Spiele interview with Deniis Shirk:
CBS: What's this faith for?
DS: With that at some point in the game the player receives a great prophet, who calls out a religion. This grants access to two more beliefs, which will become very strong.
The 30 pantheon beliefs are quite good, but the 20 world religion beliefs are in comparison stronger. Those 5 that the player develops, are obtained by him alone. Every belief can be picked only once and that blocks it for all others.
Something can of course have gotten mixed up. Have you got a source that says different?

Desert Folklore and Dance of the Aurora are either nice or very bad, depending on whether you need to work those tiles to get the extra faith...

I'm pretty certain the tile needs to be worked...

I have a question; did anyone pick up any more info about these 'shrines'? Is this a culture (well, not culture, but faith instead) building like the monument, that you can build from the start of the game?

Interesting question.
I suppose the tile needs to be worked?

I had wondered about that; my first thought is that it must need to be worked. But then I can't see how that is ever going to work.

Perhaps a larger general yield for those tiles now? That seems unlikely also.

On that basis it seems pretty worthless.

It can be okay with tiles like a desert hill on a river, or a desert hill with sheep, a tundra tile with deer... Not bland desert or bland tundra tiles, you're right.

It can be okay with tiles like a desert hill on a river, or a desert hill with sheep, a tundra tile with deer... Not bland desert or bland tundra tiles, you're right.

It occurred to me after I posted that flood plains are also marked desert and so it applies there also. Flood plains may be even better tiles now.

That probably makes the desert option better than the tundra one, given the choice of starting location at least.

Tundra is a much better place to start than most players think anyway. The deer add to your production, that is what you don't have in the desert.
I rather have deer than oasis.

I have a question; did anyone pick up any more info about these 'shrines'? Is this a culture (well, not culture, but faith instead) building like the monument, that you can build from the start of the game?
I believe so. I haven't seen shrines being mentioned in the lists of beliefs, so I reckon it's a buildable building akin to monuments.

Also monasteries are out as buildable buildings as it's a follower's belief building.

There has to be more than 8 founder beliefs. There are 11 religions and Byzantium gets one for itself. My guess is that there should be 12 beliefs.

But with 22 civs (the maximum allowed in 1 game), you need 11 religions.

Yeah, but do they take away beliefs and just remove those from the game? If so, that adds even more randomness (not just other civs beating you to it).

I'll go for Fertility Rites and Oral Tradition.

Very important IMHO.

But with 22 civs (the maximum allowed in 1 game), you need 11 religions.

Not necessarily. You can stick being a follower of 1 out of the 9 rels, you'll only miss the founder benefit !

Not all of the beliefs would've been in the screenshots, because it looked like Christianity had already been taken (and so a set of beliefs with it). Revealed later to have been taken by Ethiopia.

Awesome. Added them to the OP. :)

Top Bottom