steam pre-order available 10% discount

Not in my 17 years of lifetime have I ever seen a publisher/distributor adding or changing the pre-order bonus. So I'm presuming there is simply nothing to except the discount.

To be honest, I look it at this way
We're getting technically TEN civilziations in God and Kigns, with all those DLCs I would've assumed we would have about 4-5 new civs (seriously) I'm just glad they're adding all those stuff.

The Amazon pre-order has a predicted delivery date of 22nd June, so I imagine hardcopy retailers are still only getting it out at that period (outside of the US). I hope I haven't missed out on a couple of days of the expansion, that would devastate me.

Preordered it. Now, how many turns are there until June 19th? And where's the end turn button so I can advance the calendar? Is this some kind of bug? :)

Can we pre-download it if we go with this offer?

Doesn't look like so. Just says "not yet released" as the status in the Steam library...

Does this mean that Monday night at midnight (the start of 6/19) I can immediately install it and play?

No, because at that midnight millions of civilization players around the world have their computers on and waiting for the Steam update to start immediately overloading the Steam servers and causing a massive cascading system crash. Steam will get their servers up again on early September but only for a test download that includes only civ'ers from Pittsburgh. Others have to wait until October. :)

I am not going to pre-order. Always will prefer a box version where I can (even if it includes a poorly done manual/updated tech tree, it is still something nice to have).

Discount is nice though.

I'll probably wait until preorders show up for the box version. If they don't come, I can always be waiting for the stores to open in the morning. :D

I'll probably wait until preorders show up for the box version. If they don't come, I can always be waiting for the stores to open in the morning. :D

Don't think Steam offers physical copies in their store, you might wanna pre-order from place like Amazon or so.

tanks
i got it ,i trust steam more than the rest
but do not save your info there
type your name,etc every time you buy

Not in my 17 years of lifetime have I ever seen a publisher/distributor adding or changing the pre-order bonus. So I'm presuming there is simply nothing to except the discount.

Call of Duty MW3 was originally available for pre-order on Steam with no bonus at all.
After some time, they added a (free) copy of Call of Duty 4 bonus when preordering MW3.

Nearly £20 for an expansion that basically fixes some of the broken parts of the game and restores "new" content that was in Civ IV but didn't make it over to Civ V until 2 years after its release? Yeah, consider me utterly unimpressed.

Maybe it'll fix it and make Civ V a worthy successor to Civ IV, and also make it worthy of having Sid's name on it. And if that turns out to be the case, maybe I'll buy it, once the price has gone down to a more reasonable level. Not paying £20 for something that's just restoring content that should already be in the game!

Showing as £17.99 for me. I'd expected something in the region of £20, so don't mind that price too much, although it'll be a further nail in the Civ coffin if the same gaming issues still lurk...

no, our steam games are in $US not in $AU ... not that there is much difference these days, current exchange rate is 0.986, basically parity

I pre-ordered too. The exchange rate for US $ to CAN $ is approximatively the same. It shows at 26.99 US$(with discount) for me. It will cost me around 28$ CAN$.

Question : Why the hell it's double price in Australia? Internet has no frontiers!!!

Nearly £20 for an expansion that basically fixes some of the broken parts of the game and restores "new" content that was in Civ IV but didn't make it over to Civ V until 2 years after its release? Yeah, consider me utterly unimpressed.

...I don't think you know how programming works.

I pre-ordered too. The exchange rate for US $ to CAN $ is approximatively the same. It shows at 26.99 US$(with discount) for me. It will cost me around 28$ CAN$.

Question : Why the hell it's double price in Australia? Internet has no frontiers!!!

Indeed, there actually is a government commission atm about the price of digital products in Aus., I am not going to hold my breath that something will actually happen, but hell I am happy to be wrong

Happy to save the $3.00 as I enjoy getting over on multi-million dollar corporations whenever I can. Even if they are offering it!

Indeed, there actually is a government commission atm about the price of digital products in Aus., I am not going to hold my breath that something will actually happen, but hell I am happy to be wrong

waiting with bated breath myself ... i can see this turning into something like the fuel inquiries

...I don't think you know how programming works.
But everyone knows that DLC and expansions are always made before a game is released, then purposefully cut out to sell years later as an expansion!

(I know this is the case with some zero-day DLC, but thinking this is the case with expansions is a bit absurd)

But everyone knows that DLC and expansions are always made before a game is released, then purposefully cut out to sell years later as an expansion!

(I know this is the case with some zero-day DLC, but thinking this is the case with expansions is a bit absurd)

do I detect a hint of sarcasm :)

Only slight ;)

I know sandy_tait probably meant something like 'religion should've been in the vanilla game', but to me it also came across as they would've intentionally left it out to sell later, which of course is not the case.

But it's all a bit offtopic in this topic :)

Top Bottom