Your favorite civs/leaders

My favorite is napoleon. He already gets 2 passive culture, but give him the tradition opener and a free monument and off he goes spreading his boundaries like a true emperor.

Still haven't gotten a chance to play as France. Looking forward to it...

The Netherlands - William of Orange
Against higher difficulties maintaining your happiness on a positive level and getting ahead are sometimes diametrically opposed. The unique ability to keep 2 happiness from a luxury item sold or traded is invaluable in single player. It keeps my people on the positive side of the happiness line and allows me to trade resources for cash that I can use to buy settlers early on<t60, buy defense forces in the early mid game60-100, and Research Agreements in the mid late game +100.

I always thought that some of the civs with the biggest sinergy with Tabarnak's 4 cities Tradition Opener are the Netherlands (also remember that, with protecionism, it is 4 happiness per luxury resource traded away and 6 for the non-traded!) and Rome (easier to build the libraries, the granaries, the shrines...). I also thought of another one, but I suddenly can't remember...

EDIT: Remembered! IMO, Ethiopia, because you would get 4 free Steles.

Fav civs by victory types:

Domination: Mongols - lol Keshik wave is hilarious and feels insanely powerful. LOVE the GG ability as well. Unlike Huns which I just feel completely broken when you get a upgrade ruin + go to nearest CS and take it. Japan use to be the go-to guy in Vanilla though. Bushido samurais are just cool, I used to turn off quick combat just to see them in action. For some reason they look more cool than just the typical long swords even tho its like the same animation.

Cultural: Persia - Longest golden ages ever. Also fun to war with in a CULTURAL game with the +1 movement when pretty much 50% of your game is in golden ages.

Diplomacy: Arabia (pretty much any civ will do here but Arabia I like the best :>, then again there's Sweden, Inca, China, Greece, both solid and likeable civs to play as)

Science: Korea - The UA feels unique :> and more interesting to play with than Babylon.

Bismarck mainly because of the panzer, theres something about a +10 combat strength tank that really makes me wanna kick some greek butt.:king:

My favorite would be elizabeth. The only civ i assume that could easily catch up with deity Ai tech due to her spies. The UU longbowman is seriously great, 6 of this with 1 horsemen can easily wipe cities within few turns. Not to mention naval domination with sun never sets n SotL.

I like taking fallen empires (irl) to the top and smaller real world empires into sprawling ones.. maybe I am weird lol.

Persia
Ethiopia
Rome
Huns
Mongolia
Sikh

I occasionally play Greece and the US as well.

I also should add Russia and Ottomans to my list.

Arabia
Denmark
Ottomans
Russia

I have only played Washington and Rome so i know I need to play some more Civs. I like Washington.
* Early game the +1 vis lets me build warriors instead of scouts so they can survey and take out barbs, quick to level 2. I usually start with Honor
* I use half price tiles to buy up resources 3-4 rigs out to boost happy.
* I upgarde my warriors to well promoted swords and when I hit Mathematics take a few catapults and take out neighboring civs.
* I protect my melees and by the time I upgrade to Minuteman they're huge levels. I spam some more minuteman until rifling, take a few cannons and start steamrolling.
By the time B17's come up I own my continent, and pumping out gold and science.
* I've gotten a lay of the 2nd continent and start taking capitals there.

1 a) aztec ( great UU (did i say great ... WONDERFUL one) and UA UB good also)
1 b) iroquois ( greay UU UA and UB ... industrial power house ftw)
3 ) monghol (perfect for war up to modern times... problem is only geared for war so nearly useless at deity but so fun at other difficulties ;) )
4) persia ( UA UU and building ...)
5 ) byzance ( religion is whatever you need ... and has better to as you have nothing else but the most adapatble civ imo )
6) greece ... same as byzance ... UU are not realy good (i neraly never build companions) but how to play through CS ;) very adaptable.
6) babylon siam ... you win easily with them before deity but so boring ;)1

Rome - the 25% production boost is pure hax as long as you stagger properly. Early game UUs allow me to take a nearby neighbor out very quickly.

France - culture boost is money. Late game UU is also very powerful for a conquest victory or scorched earth wars for culture or science victories.

Germany - Barbarian turning + gold allows you to build very large early- to mid-game armies, upgrade them, and go on a tear. UUs are ok.

Egypt - Wonder hogging. That is all.

Babylon - Science victory is usually my favourite type of victory, so it's quite obvious that I will favour Babylon over the rest. The Walls and the Bowman also help quite a lot if any barbarians or other civilizations want to start trouble or, you know, conquer me.

China - The unique building is useful with science victories, and the Chu-Ko-Nu is great for defense and offense, if I feel like it.

Korea - Pretty much the same as Babylon.

Iroquois - I do well with Iroquois and tall empires; the Mohawk Warrior is invaluable against early aggressors.

I usually play with modded civilizations, though.

My favourites would be
Sejong-science ftw! although the UU's suck a bit
Ramesses- Love wonder spamming
Pachatuti
Maria Theresa- Interesting UA

Top Bottom