How does taking turn work in singleplayer and multiplayer?

Globular

Chieftain
Is it like Chinese checkers - each person gets their turn using the current state of the board as left by the previous player to make their move while everyone else is waiting?

In singleplayer it feels like only I the human player get a turn and all the AIs move simultaneously at once instead of getting a separate turn of their own. Are you always ahead of the AI in turn count?

Multiplayer confuses me because during battle it seems like everyone moves at the same time (e.g. during combat with other players one of my units gets a promotion, and just before I click the instant heal button my unit is killed because the other player still has the ability to move even though it's my turn).

Multiplayer confuses me because during battle it seems like everyone moves at the same time

It does not seem to be like that, it is like that.
MP is simultaneous.
The only way to play with turns is to abuse the HotSeat option via the .net. There's an application which can handle that, the GiantMultiplayerRobot, see the sticky in the tech section.
(I don't recommend trying it out now, because it seems the guys maintaining the program have some probelms right now, but if that is fixed...)

Top Bottom