What civilizations do you WANT in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 50 choices I would make (why limit yourself to just 2?)

1) Australia
2) Gran Columbia
3) West Indies
4) Visigoths
5) Kieven Rus
6) Berber
7) Troy
8) South Africa (but I'm willing to wait a good long time for heir iconic leader)
9) Cree
10) Mughal
11) Argentina
12) Canada
13) Troy
14) Timurid
15) Vietnam
16) Nepal
17) Afghanistan
18) Chinook
19) Mexico
20) Hungary
21) Sudan
22) Pueblo
23) Shawnee
24) Sioux
25) Apache
26) Ashanti
27) Kongo
28) Hittites
29) Khmer
30) Swahili
31) Wallachia
32) Vandals
33) Seminole
34) Italy
35) Belgium
36) HRE
37) Oman
38) Nazca
39) Mapuche
40) Isreal
41) Haiti
42) Cuba
43) Burgandy
44) Scotland
45) USSR
46) CSA
47) Khazar
48) Tatars (Golden Horde)
49) Mali
50) Pakistan

Personally, I'd like Khazaria, Gran Colombia, and Hungary for new additions. That said, I'd like them to fill in the gaps of bringing back Civs that have appeared in previous games that haven't made an appearance yet. Once something's appeared, I can't mentally get past the feeling that it should always be an option to use.

Venice and Sweden were the only civs that I always wanted but never expected; much less Venice once Sweden had been confirmed for Gods and Kings, so Venice would be amongst these two. I would then say Hungary as the other.

I'll put them in order until 30 max... I strongly disagree with many of the choices made in your top 50 up there, I think you made some poor decisions (no offense, just my opinion)

1. Israel
2. Gran Colombia
3. Vietnam
4. Haiti
5. Navajo
6. Mississippians
7. Kongo
8. Khmer
9. Inuit
10. Australia
11. Sumeria
12. Armenia
13. Ukraine
14. Hittites
15. Nubia
16. Mali
17. Timurids
18. Canada
19. Sioux
20. Olmec
21. Singapore
22. Manchus
23. Hungary
24. Pueblo
25. Belgium
26. Zimbabwe
27. Oman
28. Romania
29. Khazars
30. eh... Italy, or Venice whatever... NO, New Zealand! or Argentina! or Andorra!

EDIT: forgot the Philippines! they'd be top 5 for me!

Venice and Sweden were the only civs that I always wanted but never expected; much less Venice once Sweden had been confirmed for Gods and Kings, so Venice would be amongst these two. I would then say Hungary as the other.

Well, Venice is pretty much confirmed now, so it means you are a psychic. :p

I'll put them in order until 30 max... I strongly disagree with many of the choices made in your top 50 up there, I think you made some poor decisions (no offense, just my opinion)

30. eh... Italy, or Venice whatever... NO, New Zealand! or Argentina! or Andorra!

What? No?

What? No?

I was pretending that I had to settle for Italy/Venice, when there were better choices remaining

Cahokia and Muisca.

Muisca would have been perfect for a trade themed expansion too. They had networks stretching through the Andes even. And they developed such monopolies is the trade of salt and gold that they essentially created a currency standard.
Not to mention they could have El Dorado as their leader.

Cahokia would have been equally appropriate for this expansion, in a cultural sense. Cahokia itself resembled the mesoamerican powers considerably, but the way it contructed its empire was very different. Rather than maintaining political power and authority over its realms, it spread cultural authority over them. It effectively ruled itself and through proxy, by way of it's cultural spread, most of the mid west. If that isn't a tourism civ, i don't know what is.

My top 7. Bringing the number to 50 Civs:

Africa: Kongo, Ashanti
Eurasia: Hungary, Dacia, Khmer, Vietnam
Americas: Mapuche

Cahokia and Muisca.

- And the leader of Cahokia would be? Impossible civilization for this game. Good as a City state though.
- Muisca would be a good choice. South-America needs more Native Civs.

Inuit and Israel.
And maybe Klingon and Krypton just for the heck of it.

... They'll only be as ridiculous as GDR and XCOM squads, minus potential licensing issues.

- And the leader of Cahokia would be? Impossible civilization for this game. Good as a City state though.

Well the problem isn't who the leader would be, it's what his name is. Unfortunately we don't have anyone to ask. But i don't think there's much doubt that a man buried in the largest earthen structure in pre columbian america, on a bed of 20,000 shells despite being hundreds of miles inland is a pretty significant leader. He's known as "birdman" for the lack of a recorded name, and i know it's not perfect, but it's as close as we can get :(

So not impossible, and certainly works compared with other leaders like Dido and Gandhi whose placement is so much more questionable. Give it a few decades though and who knows what else we'll find... Probably more rulers and questions about their names...

Venice and.... struggling to think of another I care enough for. At this stage there's more suggestions I dislike than I like. Probably Armenia.

Charlemagne was not Holy Roman Emperor. The Holy Roman Empire began under the reign of Otto I (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_I,_Holy_Roman_Emperor). Charlemagne was the ruler of the Frankish Empire, which geographically shared the territory of France and Germany, as did Rome to a degree, but was distinct from both of those cultures. His inclusion in Civ4 as Holy Roman Emperor was wrong to the highest degree.

That said, I'd like to see Vlad and the Romanians as well.

Yes, after seeing this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=484781 I would clearly love to see it. I don't think we will though, and after all, Brave New World brings a lot of civs that are focused on the end game in some way or another.

Inuit, although all of the decent leaders for it are still alive, and Algonquin with Metacomet as a leader.

I would love for another sub-Saharan African civilization to get in, but other than that I'm pretty content.

Well the problem isn't who the leader would be, it's what his name is. Unfortunately we don't have anyone to ask. But i don't think there's much doubt that a man buried in the largest earthen structure in pre columbian america, on a bed of 20,000 shells despite being hundreds of miles inland is a pretty significant leader. He's known as "birdman" for the lack of a recorded name, and i know it's not perfect, but it's as close as we can get :(

Hey, could you provide link and/or more info about this antiquity site / burial tomb? Would love to learn more about it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom