HOF Questions & Answers

So, since I haven't played HoFs in previous games...

what's the Veni Vidi Vici section for?
Veni Vidi Vici is an additional challenge for HOF players. To complete the challenge (and claim the title of Veni Vidi Vici Master) you need to submit wins using each of the Victory Conidtions, Difficulties, Map Sizes, Speeds, Map Types, and Leaders. Map Types and Leaders are limited to those that are valid for HOF submissions.

Veni Vidi Vici is an additional challenge for HOF players. To complete the challenge (and claim the title of Veni Vidi Vici Master) you need to submit wins using each of the Victory Conidtions, Difficulties, Map Sizes, Speeds, Map Types, and Leaders. Map Types and Leaders are limited to those that are valid for HOF submissions.
plus 1 of 2 Gauntlet? :)

p.s links to Civ V is missing on Civ IV, Civ III HOF pages d.s

Is there any FAQ on Veni Vidi Vici ? I see there are multiple tabs (e.g. League of Nations, etc..) but I have no idea what any of these mean.

Are the games for Veni Vidi Vici drawn from the HOF submissions or are they a separate submission?

I might be a bit eager :) I realize that you guys are just building this out now ...

Is there any FAQ on Veni Vidi Vici ? I see there are multiple tabs (e.g. League of Nations, etc..) but I have no idea what any of these mean.

Are the games for Veni Vidi Vici drawn from the HOF submissions or are they a separate submission?

I might be a bit eager :) I realize that you guys are just building this out now ...

We'll get some info together...

Basically any game you submit to the HOF is valid for VVV. Basically it requires submissions covering all nations, maps, difficulties, speed, vicotry conditions and map sizes.

Yeah, I need to put some text on the top of each of the tabs. Each tab represents one of the categories you need to submit a game using. The categories are as follows:

Code:
[B]Category		Type			Number[/B]
Inferno			Difficulties		8
Machiavelli		Victory Conditions	5
Go the Distance		Map Sizes		6
Tempi Trophy		Speeds			4
Map Quest		Map Type		12
League of Nations	Leaders			19

The games are all normal HOF submissions. Obviously, each game submitted will satisfy one slot from each category.

Just for clarity, for HOF submission, consider the following example:

playing game....achieve victory condition. Screen appears indicating Victory acheived. There are two buttons available from Victory Screen:

1) Exit to main menu
2) Play one more turn

So in order to submit game for HOF, you click the "Play one more turn" button, the Victory screen closes, and player is now back on the game.
Question: Is it at this point that you save the game, or do you have to click "next turn" one more time and then save?

ALSO, it's allowable in HOF to change the Sea Level ?

thanks

So in order to submit game for HOF, you click the "Play one more turn" button, the Victory screen closes, and player is now back on the game.
Click "Wait! Just... one... more... turn...", see picture below and when save the game.

Spoiler :

A tip is to save a archive file of auto folder (rar or zip) and the victory file. This will make submitting Start file (AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000), Finish file (victory save) and Intermediate files easy. Keep the archive until your submitted files has been approved. A archive of your auto folder is a "most" in case of a crash. Ensure turns between autosave is set to 1.

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single\auto

p.s I have a couple of games what I want to submit, when can we start to submit :) d.s

So in order to submit game for HOF, you click the "Play one more turn" button, the Victory screen closes, and player is now back on the game.[/I]Question: Is it at this point that you save the game, or do you have to click "next turn" one more time and then save?

Save the game at this point, the turn on which you have won. Don't press next turn and then save.

ALSO, it's allowable in HOF to change the Sea Level ?

Yes, this is fine.

p.s I have a couple of games what I want to submit, when can we start to submit :) d.s
We will be making the submit page visable tomorrow or friday. Just letting the patch settle a day or two to make sure there aren't any serious bugs/exploits.

We will only be accepting 1.0.1.217 (yesterdays patch) or later.

We will be making the submit page visable tomorrow or friday. Just letting the patch settle a day or two to make sure there aren't any serious bugs/exploits.

We will only be accepting 1.0.1.217 (yesterdays patch) or later.

there are.

Someone's already pointed out a switch back and forth from Autocracy to regain the free units in Liberty.

oh, and can we submit just any game? Or are there going to be a continuation of the directed Hofs?

(just wondering since I'm recording games...)

(just wondering since I'm recording games...)
If you or anyone else are storing up saves to submit once we open for submission, please beaware that we are refining the rules page. One addition is the add 'Submitting' tab that outline the Submission Requirements. Please review that before you get to far along with games. We are going to have to be more strict that we were with Civ4.

Top Bottom