clinton

Warlord
I found this an interesting start. First the settings:

Normal Size Boreal
21 Civs
16 City States (or there abouts)
No Victory Conditions

Here's the starting position:

Obviously things are a bit cramped. No victory conditions are enabled, so there is only one way to win, destroy all other civs. I guess if you want to make it a competition, fastest destruction of all other civs (not including city states) wins.

Save game file here.

A few more details on the map are in the spoiler below:

Spoiler :

Obviously with 21 civs the map is quite cramped, but your starting position, nestled up against the ocean, has a bit of space from your opponents. Unfortunately most that space is ice, and you'll probably have trouble finding a decent spot for even a second city. One option is to go OCC for most the game and expand later, if you want to take that path probably it's worth following the river 2SE for a more inland city. Religion is another good approach, you should have little trouble founding, and if you do it quickly you should have little trouble getting the "Dance of the Aurora" pantheon, which gives faith for tundra tiles, a great bonus for this map.

I've been looking for maps which are "easy to survive, difficult to win" and I think this map fits the bill. It only takes a few bribes to keep the AI off your back but actually expanding seems difficult.

Attachments

• ethiopia_boreal_start.jpg
    ethiopia_boreal_start.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 667
  • Haile Selassie_0000 BC-4000 Boreal.Civ5Save
    601.1 KB · Views: 107
No fish! - food looks rare! Good job you got those deer. Maybe take Goddess of the hunt when you get youre stele up?

Looks fun to me! What I really like is 2 Deity Challenges at the same time so when I finish one I have another to play straight away!

Not trying to prevent or limit people from submitting their games for others to try out but a kind request to avoid using the word 'challenge' in the title - especially with decriptive Deity/Immortal/Emperor in front of it. It gets too easily mixed with ongoing Deity/Immortal/Emperor Challenge Lineups which doesn't benefit anyone.
Big part of the downfall of the previous Challenge series was the multiple other challenges coming out left, right & center so the current series have dedicated hosts to prevent it happening again.

Top Bottom