[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Here are the lua log and save of bugged Russia turn 2 with the default settings, Russia starts in the sea just off to the east of some snowy island, haven't really investigated which (greenland?)

And thx for the mod update :)

Attachments

• Giant Earth Map Russia Turn 2.Civ5Save
    621.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Lua.txt
    29.5 KB · Views: 206
It probably is a hardware problem since i have a quad core processor, 4GB RAM PC and so far it runs well. If you have only 2GB RAM (min. specs) i doubt you'll be able to run this map, seeing as my friend with 2GB can't even finish a normal huge

Haha, yea, my 3GB RAM is the only spec that exceeds min. req., which is probably why its bearable to actually finish huge games. Oh well, I guess I've got a good incentive to buy a new awesome computer (christmas is coming...). ;)

Thanks for all your help Gedemon, I'm glad we've at least found a temporary fix for the problem. I previously had Dale's Huge TSL installed (no longer), is it possible that there are some lingering clashes? (I wouldn't have a clue about such things, just trying to give all the information available :) )

Here are the lua log and save of bugged Russia turn 2 with the default settings, Russia starts in the sea just off to the east of some snowy island, haven't really investigated which (greenland?)

And thx for the mod update :)

thank you, can you delete the content of your game cache folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\) and try again please ?

if you still have the bug after that, try to delete the previous version of the map in your mod folder (Y.A.G.E.M. (v 1) in ..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\) if you hadn't already done it.

Just bought the game. Yours was the first mod I've loaded, and the second game I've played. (Yes I've DL'd the patch) Loved the Mod on huge until... I tried to save. The save options were gone entirely from the menu!?! Hope you can fix this, otherwise it was awesome. ::sigh:: Wanders off aimlessly...

Just bought the game. Yours was the first mod I've loaded, and the second game I've played. (Yes I've DL'd the patch) Loved the Mod on huge until... I tried to save. The save options were gone entirely from the menu!?! Hope you can fix this, otherwise it was awesome. ::sigh:: Wanders off aimlessly...

the menu has no "quick save" and no "save game", but "load game" is here ? or do you have just the exit option ?

and does the F11 key (quicksave) works ?

It only says exit to windows and exit to main menu (and options). No save options whatsoever, just blank spots where they should be. F11 seems not to be working, though I am not 100% on this. The auto-save feature has not saved any save games.

When I load the mod, following all the instructions, I always end up (when German) in the middle of some snowy place. THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON THE GIANT MAP. I have tried playing with the different custom options, reducing CS no., etc., but to no avail. I am always placed in the middle of nowhere, certainly not where Berlin is. Sometimes a CS is nearby with a settler, its all messed up.

Did something change in the mod? I removed my cache and the old YAHEM v4 directory, and problem remains. :(

Hi there,

just tried Version 0.5 and for me all is working fine, no problems.
Fantastic work and I am enjoying it.

THE BEST MAP AVAILABLE , as I could choose how I want to play it.

PLEASE could you include in the next version:

1.) Maybe some more Civs with TSL , so we could use the maximum of 22 (Australia, and at least 2 more for America) ... now I am using 19 major civs and 43 cs ... the more the better !

2.) Could you include an option that cities could only be placed at least 3-7 spaces away from each other ... like it is for that city states

3.) MP Support HOW: DOES SOMEONE KNOW, how to copy all that files OVER the ORIGINAL CIV 5 INSTALLATION, so that my brother and I could use it for MP over Internet (yes I know, I will not be able to play with anyone else a MP game ...)
or is there no chance to overcome that restriction !

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT WORK !
(using the huge map)

PS: Maybe you could include a version in the future with that missions (seems was introduced with that DLC0 Mongolia ) someone else using it with his map, but it forces you to do it in 100 turns ????

I am using v. 0.5. On the huge map it seems that some of the features are not working, alas, because this is a great map (finally a customizable setup!). For example, silk and other Asiatic or Afrikan resources can be found in Europe. This is the case even when the check box to not do this is set. I checked the XML file and it reads correctly, so something is going wrong in the load up/setup.

The giant map does not place civs in their TSL, so I gave up trying to play that map. The huge map is great except this resource glitch. When I start as Germany and explore Scandinavia and find cotton and silk I just have to turn it off, its no longer earth. *sigh* My guess is that the recent patch has affected the mod....

Please don't give up on this! Great project.

Great mod,

However... the realistic resources appears not to be working? I have gems in scotland. (huge map)

I'm playing as England and the only fish I can see is North East of Scotland. Can't check iron or coal because i'm in ancient era.

Don't get me wrong, I think this mod is great and i'll play on anyway, would be great to understand the resources thing though. Would it not be possible to prepopulate the map with resources?

Hi there,

just tried Version 0.5 and for me all is working fine, no problems.
Fantastic work and I am enjoying it.

THE BEST MAP AVAILABLE , as I could choose how I want to play it.

PLEASE could you include in the next version:

1.) Maybe some more Civs with TSL , so we could use the maximum of 22 (Australia, and at least 2 more for America) ... now I am using 19 major civs and 43 cs ... the more the better !

2.) Could you include an option that cities could only be placed at least 3-7 spaces away from each other ... like it is for that city states

3.) MP Support HOW: DOES SOMEONE KNOW, how to copy all that files OVER the ORIGINAL CIV 5 INSTALLATION, so that my brother and I could use it for MP over Internet (yes I know, I will not be able to play with anyone else a MP game ...)
or is there no chance to overcome that restriction !

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT WORK !
(using the huge map)

PS: Maybe you could include a version in the future with that missions (seems was introduced with that DLC0 Mongolia ) someone else using it with his map, but it forces you to do it in 100 turns ????

thanx :D

1/ yep, the tsl are already set for all DLC civs, and more can be set via the xml files. I need to write a "how to" in first post at some point for that... and I can pre-define some in the mod for popular custom civs, just give me a link to the civ's thread here or the mod name in the mod browser. note that I may give priority to other parts of the mod first (resources)

2/ in my last game, I used a mod to force more tiles beetwen cities, that an option I'll like to add, I'll need to do do some test to see if changing value in the gamedefines database in pre-game is working. I'll love to do it by region, but I fear this could'nt be done soon.

3/ I won't recommand it. but aren't there already some mods (changing a few default files) to allow MP games with mods ? Anyway, if you managed to do it, I'll like feedback ;)

about your PS, dynamic history or other similar mods are in my "want to add" list of feature. "when" is another matter.

I am using v. 0.5. On the huge map it seems that some of the features are not working, alas, because this is a great map (finally a customizable setup!). For example, silk and other Asiatic or Afrikan resources can be found in Europe. This is the case even when the check box to not do this is set. I checked the XML file and it reads correctly, so something is going wrong in the load up/setup.

The giant map does not place civs in their TSL, so I gave up trying to play that map. The huge map is great except this resource glitch. When I start as Germany and explore Scandinavia and find cotton and silk I just have to turn it off, its no longer earth. *sigh* My guess is that the recent patch has affected the mod....

Please don't give up on this! Great project.

yep, true resources placement is not defined for the huge and standard map, the other features have taken most of my modding time, but I'll add it, the sooner the better (especially if I don't fix quickly the giant map problem)

I'm in vacation right now, and I can't promise anything before january, but I'll do it.

Great mod,

However... the realistic resources appears not to be working? I have gems in scotland. (huge map)

I'm playing as England and the only fish I can see is North East of Scotland. Can't check iron or coal because i'm in ancient era.

Don't get me wrong, I think this mod is great and i'll play on anyway, would be great to understand the resources thing though. Would it not be possible to prepopulate the map with resources?
prepopulate the maps is possible, yes, but I like my games to have a part of randomness in resources placement, so I won't use it. but as said above, i'll add the realistic resource placement for all the maps, asap ;)

Ah i see, I didn't realise resource pre populate was for only Giant currently.

That's cool, thanks for clearing up. A realistic resource placement for all maps would be great. I really look forward to playing this mod more. I think it has the potential to get me back into Civ 5 - great work.

Been away from Civ5 for a while, last weekend I re-installed the game with the latest patches and it seemed to fix the problem I was having with this mod!

So its working fine for me, and I advise those of you who're having problems and want to make this work to do the same, because its extremelly unlikely the problem is with the mod.

One of these days I'll update my CSs to add some more than can be used if playing with different civ selections.

Gedemon, perhaps you could add correct starting locations for the Inca and Spanish in the next patch :)

Happy new year everyone!

Gedemon, perhaps you could add correct starting locations for the Inca and Spanish in the next patch :)
why, they're not correct in the last mod update (v0.5) ? ;)

Ohh.. maybe I missed that one :p
I didnt delete the mod folder when I re-installed, so I used the last version I had.

hehe

I love this MOD but I am have trouble with crashing. The attached game always crashes for me on this turn. Any solutions?

I have 920 @ 2.67 GHZ, 6 GB RAM, 64 Bit Windows 7

Attachments

• Manifest Destiny.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Probably not mod related, but a bug with the game. I have many problems with the game, random crashes and stuff, but I get them with any map scripts.

Hi i cant get tht far into the game using this mod anymore, it used to work fine until the latest civ patch was released now it just crashed around 120-140 turns, the civ5earth map tht came with the game works fine and can play well into modern era, anyone else havin the same problem

Hi,

Great mod! A quick question.

When using these options:

Add specific resources at starting positions

Add major deposits of strategic resources

Use true geographic resource placement

Do they have to be used independently, or can they be used together?

I wanted to give England a bit of a boost, so I edit the CivilizationsRequestedResource.xml and added the following:

<Type>CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND</Type>
<Req1>RESOURCE_IRON</Req1>
<Yield1>6</Yield1>
<Req2>RESOURCE_HORSE</Req2>
<Yield2>6</Yield2>
<Req3>RESOURCE_COAL</Req3>
<Yield3>6</Yield3>
<Req4>RESOURCE_FISH</Req4>
<Req5>RESOURCE_FUR</Req5>
<Req6>RESOURCE_GOLD</Req6>

But do I need to add this to all 3 sections in the file? I never seem to find the resources around the UK.

Sorry, I am a little rubbish at the modding business.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom