News: COTM 18 quick game - results

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
Redbad claimed the first prize with an impressive 730 BC victory, closely followed by Rik Meleet and Paul#42 who both finshed in 710 BC. The tie for 2nd was decided by gpt on the finishing turn where Rik Meleet had 109 vs Paul#42's 108. It's barely possible to have a game decided closer than this one!

1. Redbad - 730 BC
2. Rik Meleet - 710 BC
3. Paul#42 - 710 BC

> > See the full results here

Congrats Redbad.
Close finish, I did not expect that after I analysed my game...

I guess in a second try we all would be ~5-10 turn quicker.. :rolleyes:

Dead last with the Republic gambit :). I also did not think that monarchy would help that much but was very wrong.

Thanks guys, it was fun. These small games enable one to think over every action.

What was the difference :hmm: (long time ago)

I remember first thing I did was to put every citizen to taxman thereby suggesting a huge gpt. With that gpt I could trade for Monarchy. Broke the deal and used my tech lead to set up some wars against the betrayed ai (Arabia I think). I revolted the same turn.
Then crash research to currency then no research. Meanwhile emphasis on roading along the river and irrigating. Holding back on settler production as I thought time would be to short to make up for the netto 1 pop loss. Did produce some MPs.
Hurried some markets in the riversided core cities.
If I'm not mistaken I could towards the end trade for a lux with China.

That's all I can think of now, about what I've done. I even forgot my finish data :blush:

Thanks guys, it was fun. These small games enable one to think over every action.

What was the difference :hmm: (long time ago)

I remember first thing I did was to put every citizen to taxman thereby suggesting a huge gpt. With that gpt I could trade for Monarchy. Broke the deal and used my tech lead to set up some wars against the betrayed ai (Arabia I think). I revolted the same turn.
Then crash research to currency then no research. Meanwhile emphasis on roading along the river and irrigating. Holding back on settler production as I thought time would be to short to make up for the netto 1 pop loss. Did produce some MPs.
Hurried some markets in the riversided core cities.
If I'm not mistaken I could towards the end trade for a lux with China.

That's all I can think of now, about what I've done. I even forgot my finish data :blush:
Bolding and underlining mine. Getting Monarchy earlier was the main difference. Well done - again :goodjob:

I just happened to chat with WackenOpenAir about the same thing yesterday - why I'll never do well in competition games and score game; I simply don't do deal-breaking and dastardly acts. I want to win fair and square and that is not the best tactic for "fastest finish" or "highest score" games. My problem; not yours.

I just happened to chat with WackenOpenAir about the same thing yesterday - why I'll never do well in competition games and score game; I simply don't do deal-breaking and dastardly acts. I want to win fair and square and that is not the best tactic for "fastest finish" or "highest score" games. My problem; not yours.

The plague with the names of the fair players (nice guys) is located in the ladies' restroom... :D :lol:

I had expected that getting monarchy sooner is much more effective. :confused:
Maybe you were missing that impressive 12gpt trade I signed with Cathy... :p

I had expected that getting monarchy sooner is much more effective. :confused:
Maybe you were missing that impressive 12gpt trade I signed with Cathy... :p

Yes, I sure missed the impressive Cathy deal.... but then again, there's little point in finishing sooner then first :smug:

Top Bottom