So a slave state, a dictatorship, and a rebel state are not only free, but the most free in the world? A nazi being in would just be the icing on the cake!

So a slave state, a dictatorship, and a rebel state are free? A nazi being in would just be the icing on the cake!

The Setting Sun also requests entrance. After all, if a instiutionalized slave state, a theocratic cult-driven empire, a rebel state, and an ultrasexist regime are allowed to call themselves "free", then why not the Setting Sun where we don't discriminate based on sex, aren't ran by people who worship word processors, don't allow private citizens to own slaves, and isn't in rebellion?

So a slave state, a dictatorship, and a rebel state are not only free, but the most free in the world? A nazi being in would just be the icing on the cake!

The AOZ is just a sham dictaorship, run by a Junta, who only claims that the work for the forces of democracy. Meanwhile, they still run on racist, sexist principlies from the 1940s.

In other words:

The pot is calling the kettle black.

The AOZ is just a sham dictaorship, run by a Junta, who only claims that the work for the forces of democracy. Meanwhile, they still run on racist, sexist principlies from the 1940s.

In other words:

All I read is "Oh yeah? Well you."

So I guess New England is not denying it is ran by hypocrites, like the rest of COBA. I guess personal connections among the leadership trump ideological differences and cognitive dissonance.

The Setting Sun, judging nations on their hypocrisy?

Oh god the irony.

Don't you mean "Oh Goddess, I'm still not responding to legitimate points?"

The New England Diplomatic Corp should stop taking pointers from the Renfarian and Formatic Diplomatic Corps.

In other words:

Let's do this by parts.

First, Eisenhower is only leader of the AOZ right now because his term is not over yet, it runs till May 8th, and MacArthur and Patton are only generals in the army. And before you claim it is only run by them, there are German generals in that army.

Second, racist? This is America you are talking about. We fight for freedom everywhere! Calling us racist is like calling the Commies good.

Third, it isn't 1946?

It appears only Yamato is non-hypocritical, for it alone does not need to pretend that it is "free" in the sense western cultures propose.

For Yamato is under the absolute rule of the Emperor, and its people are subjects of the Emperor, freed from the burdens of ruling themselves, with the Emperor as a father governs his children with benevolence and serenity caring for them to ensure their wellbeing and holding the great burden of ruling the state and ensuring the greater good.

I will allow New England in if they promise to improve the rights for men within their country.

WTF are you talking about? We said we were BENEVOLENT. And we never said we were the most free in the world. But we certainly aren't the least.

The Setting Sun also requests entrance. After all, if a instiutionalized slave state, a theocratic cult-driven empire, a rebel state, and an ultrasexist regime are allowed to call themselves "free", then why not the Setting Sun where we don't discriminate based on sex, aren't ran by people who worship word processors, don't allow private citizens to own slaves, and isn't in rebellion?

We will never accept your regime into the coalition. You are not benevolent at all, you are the opposite of benevolent. What's that called?

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii!

...right. Anyway, your points are invalid.

1. Renfair's "slavery" isn't really slavery at all. It's more like legalized BDSM and, as long as everyone is a consenting, I don't see what's wrong with that.
2. We have freedom of religion. Sure, some people worship the Formatting Crew, but we are in no way a theocracy. Like the Empire of the Setting Sun. So basically, the pot is calling the telephone black. When the phone is white. IT. DOES. NOT. MAKE. SENSE!
3. Rebels, do you say? They are rebels only in the eyes of the Yamato, who are wrong.
4. You misspelt ran. NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!

Therefore you are wrong.

WTF are you talking about? We said we were BENEVOLENT. And we never said we were the most free in the world. But we certainly aren't the least.

New England said:
We wish to join COBA, for the nations in it are the most cooperative and free nations in the world.

That.

That is New England's opinion. They do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Formatting Crew or the CBA.

And now that I've got my affairs in order, 48 hour warning.

Since silence implies consent, here are upcoming rule changes taking effect next turn:

Espionage
Odds are base 50%, modified as normal.

Clientage
I'll keep the repurchase clause for at least one more year before I render a final verdict. Remember: any money invested by the current sponsor will undercut rival bids.

Random Events
Ten-per-cent chance per country; one major and one minor per turn, and only one* instance of any a year. To recap:
Spoiler :
- Market Slump: Negates natural industrial growth that turn and eliminates up to 10% of existing infrastructure. Has a chance of spreading to other users of the victim country's currency.
- Market Boom: Adds up to 10% extra economic growth that turn. Has a chance of spreading to other users of the beneficiary's currency.
- Resource Discovery: Adds an extra 5% industrial growth
- Resource Exhaustion: Subtracts 5% industrial growth.
- Baby Boom: Adds up to 5% extra population that turn. Twice as likely for Expansionist nations.
- Famine: Negates natural population growth that turn and kills up to 10% of citizens.
- Scientific Breakthrough: Extra 5% to all standing research investments. Does not affect Ballistics or ABM.
- Tory War on Science: Up to 50% of standing investment toward next tech level(s) is lost. Does not affect Ballistics or ABM.

I wasn't really planning on it, but I'll be out of town til next Saturday. So if you need to contact me, don't expect a quick response.

Also:

After the turn of events in AOZ, the leaders of the Reunited States of America and Allied Occupation Zone have decided to make a formal alliance between the two great western democracies. This has arisen partly from the conflicts and wars popping up around the world as well as the increasing conflicts between democracies and dictatorships. As part of this alliance, the ReUSA and the AOZ will help each other in any military undertakings, cooperate with each other in foreign policy, and work together in general.

Republic of Macedonia (FYROM):

ooc:The Green colour in Greece:
Spoiler :

Government:

Republic:

The legislature of the republic is the Senate. The Senate is a unicameral legislature with 60 members. There are elections every five years by proportional representation in all nine administrative districts. These districts (townships) correspond to the old parishes of the republic.

Citizens 18 years or older are eligible to vote. Beside general legislation, the Senate approves the budget and elects the Captains Regent, the State Congress (composed of ten Secretaries with executive power), the Council of Twelve (which forms the judicial branch during the period of legislature of the Senate), the Advising Commissions, and the Government Unions. The Senate also has the power to ratify treaties with other countries. The Senate is divided into five different Advising Commissions consisting of fifteen councillors who examine, propose, and discuss the implementation of new laws that are on their way to being presented on the floor of the Senate.

Every six months, the Senate elects two Captains Regent to be the heads of state. The Regents are chosen from opposing parties so that there is a balance of power. They serve a six-month term ( ooc: 2 turns).

The Politics are dominated by the Right Wing Macedonian Front coalition and the Communist Worker's Party.

National Groups:

Macedonians (Not Greeks!): 79%
Bulgarians: 11%
Greeks: 9%
Turks: 1%

Currency: Macedonian Ruble
Trait: Agricultural
Language: Macedonian (official), Greek, Bulgarian, Turkish ( Both 3 are minorities languages.)
Capital: Thessalonika

I asked Thorvald before i joined.

And i wanted to troll Greece.

Interesting how you completely ignored Macedonia in your claims.

At least Croatia isn't in South America.

Interesting how you completely ignored Macedonia in your claims.

ooc: I claimed most of Greek Macedonia, but FYROM is part of Greece in this game.

Top Bottom