Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Hey TPangolin glad to see this reach the release state.

Any chance of it appearing in the Civfanatics downloads as well as via Steam?

Also on an unrelated note. I see both you and Neirai are listed on the Steam page as creators, does that give the both of you the ability to update the releases?
ie. subscribers will always have an up-to-date release if either of you make an edit.

We're trying to do the same with CEP but my uploads don't go where I want them, they go to my workshop page not Thal's. I am not very familiar with Steam, I don't view it with the highest of fondness.

Yeah, I can't :(
Although due to technical difficulties, I can't upload anything onto Steam at all anyways, so I have to go through other people on Steam anyways.

Thank you gents.

That's a real bummer. I don't even know if it is at all possible or just me kludging my way around. (is kludging a word? it should be!)

I would guess it isn't, Firaxis and Steam both seem to be rather obtuse about these things. Despite their assertions to be mod friendly I still feel like the could be a whole lot of improvement in the tools they offer. But I digress.

Once again, excellent work guys. I will play a game as Aus. very shortly.

It is a definite shame (both regarding ease of modding and kludging not being a word). Let us know with your experiences playing with Australia!

I'll make this post nice and fancy to now...

Commonwealth of Australia - Sir Henry Parkes
by TPangolin and Neirai

In this mod you'll play as Henry Parkes - the father of Australian Federation and owner of quite frankly, a ravishing beard. His facial hair alone should be enough to warrant his inclusion in the base game!
Australia
Boundless Plains to Share - Settlers found :c5puppet: Puppeted cities. The first 3 coastal Cities founded gain free buildings that provide additional :c5food: Food and Tourism as Australia progresses throughout the ages. Mines gain +2 :c5production: Production after Railroads is researched.

Digger Infantry - Australia's unique Great War Infantry, the Digger Infantry performs exceptionally in desert combat (Desert Warrior Promotion - 50% Combat in Desert), gains a 15% combat bonus in foreign lands and can quickly be recruited from your Workers in times of need. The Digger Infantry does not obsolete at Plastics and can upgrade into Mech Infantry

Prime Minister - Australia's unique Great Writer, the Prime Minister will supply you with political quotes as Great Works that only Australia can produce. In addition, their mere rise to power will be enough to trigger a Golden Age!

Download!

Grats on Australia, it always feels nice to actually release something hehe. And an icon for Benito.

BTW, Jan, can you send me your Mexico map in high res, so I can make a proper DOM, thanks! :D

Lua master, oh you. :)

I am not sure about this Puppet staff. I mean, in my mod I add bonuses to those cities to make it worthy. In Australia, you found a city with -25% culture and science without control. You automatically annex the city removing penalty (unless I have missed something).
What is more, AI will not annex those cities (AI vs human disadvantage).

I am under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that when you Annex a city, it permanently hates you a bit more. But I'm not sure anymore, lol.
The other side effect is that Puppeted cities do not count towards requirements for National Wonders, so when I play Australia, I build for National Wonders right away and then later Annex everything.

Benito looks awesome! With Australia though, it's a blessing and curse. You can either annex them immediately to reduce the penalty, or keep them puppeted to get National Wonders like the National College up faster.

Regarding the AI... I swear I thought I saw Australia annexing some cities - but my memory can be cloudy.

Here is a high-res Mexico :)

Spoiler :

It should be, I'll poke either Rob or Pouakai when I can.

Also - 400+ Subscribers on Steam, you guys are awesome!

EDIT: 600+!

/j/ /u/ /a/ /r/ /e/ /s/ is the phonetic way to pronounce it.

Wow those are lots of reviews, wish Leugi's civs had such amount of press, I guess the fact that you released on Australia day had some influence in that. Great job!

I can't get this mod to work. No matter how many times I try to work with it it doesn't show up in my mods list.

Only issue I can find is that I notice that in the mods folder that this mod is a .civ5mod file rather than a folder containing all the mod files like my other mods.

Should this mod be placed in it's own subfolder in the mods directory?

Grats on Australia's reviews!

Anyway, some Mexican teasers :p :

Spoiler :

Right now what we're lacking is, some civ entries, some bug fixing from my side, and fixing the Hacienda's decal. As you can see, the first 2 or 3 great artist Mexico will receive, will actually be famous muralists, just as a minor easter egg :D

Not only has it been released, but it has a review on Kotaku!

EDIT: Found another review here. Congratulations!

Kotaku. Wow. You've really outdone yourself this time... and you'll probably get another one after Canada's released. I didn't get a Kotaku and my mod was made for Japanophiles...

Top Bottom