Fall from Heaven... fall from greatness?

its so sad i cant acess ANY interface in ffh scenario i cant play it.!!!!!!!!! help me before i break the disk :( :( :(

The FFH scenario isn't bad. It's just not the real thing =)

Wondering if anyone has tried this scenario/mod and their thoughts? I have seen suspiciously little discussion on it so far. I tried it once and so far I was really disappointed. Where are all the unique civs and traits, and the spells and abilities? This just seems to be a really nerfed version of it in a very specific scenario.

On the other hand, Final Frontier is just genius and I would not have expected that.

I was really looking forward to the FFH but alas, it seems I will have to play the regular mod outside of BTS to enjoy the reasons it became so popular.
Well one thing is FFH uses a GIG of HD space (In that area), thats hard to make in a couple months.

It's strange to see poeple complaining to not get the full mod for their money. I mean if you want that you can just download it for free after all!:confused:

Adding a half done total conversion(keep in mind FFH2 will probably need sevral months if not a year or two to be "finished") onto a cd you have to pay for is what I'd really call "nerfed". Btw if you read a book you don't expect the prologue to contain the whole story do you?;)

I sure enjoyed the scenario. I was a little disappointed that my hero didn't have the hero promotion I was expecting to see, and virtually none of the buildings in the real game are even in the scenario. I was also very sad that I couldn't research RoK, FoL or any religion for that matter...but it was a thoroughly enjoyable scenario in it's own right. I thought subdue animal was a nice touch to add, along with Epona's Fireball spell, it gave hints about what you could find in the real mod, but I never did get to find out if you could cage them up like in the real game, I just figured you couldn't seeing as you can't even build the Carnival. And as usual all my scouts got ate by rabid bears or spiders, so the only animal I managed to capture was the Stag and when I got the option to set him free, I knew that was the right thing to do and that he prolly wasn't subdueable after all! I just wish I hadn't let the Doviello survive but instead finished them off completely because I was never allowed to attack them again as I'd originally planned...and then they quickly rexpanded to nearly the same city sites which made completing the game real hard without his resources! I'll have to play it again, prolly using the scout or warrior hero's but sadly once you've been through it a couple times, I don't think even with all the polish and story that it has the replayability of the real mod, guess it'll be back to original Civ 4, without corporations and spies until the real thing gets completed, at least when I get bored of the vanilla BTS game.

PS. Sorry I don't have the patience for beta-testing the conversion package, especially not without half the features I've grown accustomed too from the FFH2 and no Svart mod to mod it even further! But the scenario was definately a very well told story, thanks to the team for a nice polished story.

The scenario delivered everything I expected. Fast, engaging game play, with a good storyline and many surprises. I'm glad it wasn't just a port of FFH2, I can already get that for free. Instead it was very different and the kind of thing you can play for ten hours strait until three o'clock in the morning. ;)

Nearly all of the complaints are from people who have already played FFH2 and just can't except a small scenario (no matter how good it is in its own right). If you want replayability play FFH2. Only play the scenario if you are willing to except what it is.

I encourage all of you who have played the scenario to play the mod, it is incredible. It is only FFH2s greatness that could make this scenario seem inadequate.

...and the scenario does exactly what it was intended to do. Introduce the first-time player to the world of Erebus. If you like that world, the full-scale mod is already available and it will become BtS compatible in the future.

What some fans do forget is that ffh is not simply a civ4 Mod. It may have started that way, but the project has now grown into a presentation of a realm, with it's own history/artwork/etc. Kael and team are now striving to present the history of Erebus in future ffh projects, which means that scenarios will become more prevalant. I applaud this, because the epic game in ffh2 is very polished, as it stands now. IMO there really isn't anything revolutionary that Kael can add to ffh2 setup from a gameplay perspective that will drastically change how epic ffh2 plays. They can add the elements presented in BtS such as espionage/corporations and these additions will add add some new angles for playstyle, but in the great scheme of things, they are minor simply because there are so many other things happening in the epic game platform.

But add specific scenarios that tell of the history of Erebus...this will make the world of Erebus more alive.

It was the AoI scenario that got me involved on the ffh project, because I saw the direction it was heading.

There was little to gain from simply porting ffh2 onto a civ4 disk, other than for prestige for the team. That Mod is already free for downloading. And to transfer ffh2 into the BtS platform while BtS was in a constant state of development is an invitation for a buggy, problem-filled game experience that would probably turn off many players to play it. Remember that ffh is fan-created by unpaid volunteers, who have to juggle personal time with regular jobs and a fanbase that wants them to spend time upgrading the current game - while those volunteers also try to port that game into a new system under a strict deadline due to the fact that it being released for sale by a business.

Not to mention that the majority of the artwork would also have to be created from scratch, because much of that artwork is not original. Lawsuit, anyone???

Now that BtS has been released, Kael has a stable gameplatform to make the transition. Which is happening as we speak.

And the fact that there are not a lot of spells in the scenario makes for a nice change of pace from the normal ffh Mod, because I do view the scenario as part of the history of Erebus.

It's strange to see poeple complaining to not get the full mod for their money. I mean if you want that you can just download it for free after all!
Well lot's of people don't have the time to download 300MB.

Pft who needs to read just wait for the movie adaption!
"I cannot live without books"

AoI was an interesting and challenging scenario. However, aside from having the same creators I can't tell what this has to do with FfH. There's hardly any magic and the only similar unit i see is the skeleton, the story and races are also completely different. I'm just not sure how this qualifies as a FfH scenario.

Well lot's of people don't have the time to download 300MB.
If those people want the Mod enough, they will make the time to download it...and, although it may not be what you want to hear, the time needed to download a free Mod is not the team's problem.

Our job is to create the best available gaming experience that we can.

Perhaps if a player wants a disc, he/she can send a team member the money to ship it to them.

AoI was an interesting and challenging scenario. However, aside from having the same creators I can't tell what this has to do with FfH. There's hardly any magic and the only similar unit i see is the skeleton, the story and races are also completely different. I'm just not sure how this qualifies as a FfH scenario.

are you talking about ffh 1 or ffh 2, you should play ffh2, ffh1 is nothing compared to ffh 2... play as amurites or doviello,... read some stuff on our homepage from the civilzation section about amurites:
Many peoples claim the blood of heroes or even gods amongst their ancestors; the Amurites are alone in believing themselves children of the one hero to have slain a god. Kylorin, the ageless sorcerer, adopted this people during the harsh Age of Ice, and with their help overthrew the dread god-king Mulcarn. He left behind the gift of unparalleled magical talents as well an insatiable curiosity for all things mystical. Their powers earn suspicion form the upright and envy from the fallen, and so that Valledia the Even and Dain the Caswallan must walk a careful path in this new age. Their skills and their secrets make them a dangerous target, but an inviting one nonetheless.

:)

And thanks Hex for finding the right words.

Many of you people are animals... The scenario was very good for what it was intended to be, there needs to be follow up scenarios to progress the story but as a starting point it was very good.
Fast engaging game play with a good story, not too many techs but this is part of the story (this includes religion, which by the way you do get a choice to convert to the Winter Religion, I didn't but now wish I did to see what would happen, prob auto loose)...

I like the idea of a small scenario like this, I hope that many more are made to progress the story.

Mind you I felt BTS as a whole was not worth what I paid for it, I would have paid the same money just for FFH2 as an expansion. :)
Thanks guys for making it free...

I would like to see the ability to craft magical items, weapons, Armour etc... Using different materials like gold silver platinum etc... With a random chance of being cursed etc... Maybe it will come in the next release of FFH.

Does anyone have an FFH Civ planner... I would like to easily know where to head with my techs for a particular race, I find some techs are useless for some, maybe they can be greyed out.

I would like to see a Fall from Heaven II for BtS, i like Fall from Heaven but FfH II is awsome.

Never played the mod. Have enjoyed the scenario. I won on noble, and will soon win on immortal. One cheat I like is giving children 3 marks of choice (getting a "crappy" one can be a real downer) when born. I also played it with giving myself the other 2 heros when I chose 1 on turn 1, so that I could check out the differences, but that was too easy (although I could not win on deity even with all 3 heros). Soon I will win on immortal with only the "3 marks per child" cheat.

Much fun, thx.

Next up, Final Frontier!

Best scenario of all, as i expected, because i am a big fan of the FFH-Mod. Thanks to the development team again.
Everything fits. The story, the atmosphere of ice age and the units from the Frost-Giants to the Children of Kylorin units are so wonderful! But most important it is a fascinating gameplay experience. Full of quests and small details. And so diverse to the normal civ, because some standard strategies seem useless.
A small bug, that has already been mentioned: When C..., the Hunter Hero can be upgraded, you have two directions. The assasin upgrade is bugged: You don't get the unit action buttons and the escape-spell does not show/work.
But now my wish for the FFH-Mod: I can't wait to play the llinas in the FFH2-Mod, please let me bring winter back to Erebus!

Everybody should try out Fall from Heaven II ;), the mod, not the scenario, but before you start it, read the homepage: www.civfanatics.com/ffh and get an overview about all the races and religions, otherwise you might be overwhelmed :) Age of Ice is just the introduction freing the world from winter to continue playing as one of 21 civs in the full mod (for free :p)

And it is in the progress of being converted to BtS. and in the Ice Phase (last developement phase of 4) the Illians will play a major part :) So, keep looking forward and help us smoothing out those bugs and provide us with valuable feedback, thanks guys

I really enjoyed the Age of Ice. The scenario has a very hard start and a few surprises to prevent the coast to the finish which makes some civ games drag. Its a fast paced slugfest with a great atmosphere. I applaud the designers for producing a great scenario. With a couple more twists and a few more spellcasting features, it would be better than a lot of fantasy games on the store shelves.

I would suggest a small intro to rule changes at the start. I didn't realize how powerful barrage is until mid-game and I still don't know why silver is a strategic resource.

I've never played FfH and these changes are probably obvious to people who played it. The scenario is a nice taste of the designers work and I definitely will try FfH2.

Top Bottom