So how did you get into Civilization?

amiga civ 1. that was when shaka was lime green, not like that pasty brown they have him donning now. those were the days. i was a kid as well, maybe 5 years old. i attribute much of my wisdom to reading the civilopedia back then, gave me a huge edge over other kids.

Way back in the day I remember playing Civ I on the good old 486, 66. At the time it seemed absolutely revolutionary and amazing. I have played every Civ game since then. I think Alpha Centauri was my favorite. Civ V is definitely the one I have played the most thanks to multiplayer and Steam.

My brother used to play Civ 2. I was like 15? (26 now). Used to think it was the dumbest game and soooo boring. He loved it, but I just couldn't understand the appeal. (I was a huge Counter-Strike & Warcraft II / III player.

Then I got older and stole his game when he was at work n started playing the crap out of it.

Main thing that keeps me involved with the game is the fact that if I can actually turn around, watch some tv, and turn back around to continue playing. Didn't miss a thing! lol, can't really do that with other titles since they aren't "turn based" lol. So it's nice to get an hour in here, save it, another 2 hours later that week, and so on. :D

Ashamed (in a way!) to say that I copied a pirated Civilization I on the Amiga and played that a lot. However, to make up for that, I then bought every Civilization from II onwards on the PC plus every add-on.

Civ 2 was when the real addiction hit...

Costco made the mistake of placing unwrapped copies of smac next their computer display. I opened the box, installed it on the demo pc, put it back in its box and played the "demo". Bought it and civ2. Skipped 3, as I was unaware of its existence. I mean, smac was clearly the sequel to 2, so why would they make a 3? That would be silly.

I received the Civ 3 expansion, Play the World, as a Yule present. I didn't have the heart to tell my spouse that it was an expansion to a game, not the game itself. I had tried Civ 2 and Call to Power and found them good but I wasn't hooked. Yet. I bought Civ 3 to enable the Play the World expansion and there was no turning back.

I used to be an all console gamer, however as I was a xbox-live gold member i saw that Civ Rev wasthe gameforfree so i decided to give it a shot. So I won every victory condition all the way up to deity and decided to watch some videos on Civ 5, also I was lokking for some more immersion than civ 5 and then I ended up buying civ 5. I am really loving all the immersion like trees, world wonders moantain ranges etc. One thing I do miss from Civ Rev though is that you can name landmarks like the Nile or Oder river. Now I am playing civ 5 and gta 5 and I find that thesegames balance each other out well.

I first found this game in 2012. Never played Civ 1-4. I remember reading a story and watching a short video of a guy who spent 10 years playing the same game and I was hooked. I went out after work that same night and bought the game. I didnt really start playing the game that well untill brave new world came out and jumped form prince level to Immortal quickly. Now I am on deity. I like the challenge of the game and it is perfect for making a turn here and there if you got other things going on.

I was digging through the games my dad had when I was like 8 one morning and I found the manual for Civ II. I asked him about it and he said it was a cool game and installed it so I could try it.

Played the original at a friend's house; got a mac just so I could borrow the disks from them. Improving that palace was an awesome feature.

It wasn't until civ4 that I actively played civ again, though I was exposed to civ2 and remember thinking how much better it was than the original (except for the removal of the original's palace feature).

Civ II. My friend got it and I was instantly hooked. I bought my first computer just so I could play Civ II. Looking back, I now see that I buy a new computer just before the release of each new Civ so it will operate as fast as possible. So I guess I'll be due for a new machine in time for Civ VI!

Been with Civ since the beginning. I knew when Civ 1 came out, I had to have it.

Back in the old days when you could rent snes games from the movie store I went looking for sim city but it was already rented out so as I was looking for another game this little title called "Civilization". came into my view I thought it was another city builder and I was right, I still remember my first game got destroyed hehehe, been buying it ever since. btw civ 2 test of time with the fantasy scenario was awesome wish I still had it old room mate stole it.

I love reading history and geography, up and down of the empires. This game makes a lot of senses to me

Well, I first ran into Civ IV at the store and thought it was a cool game. So I got it.

I can't remember the first time I played it, but when I was a kid (I was born in 1992) we were living in Germany and my father and older siblings were playing Civ (I) and introduced me to it. I remember reloading after losing combats (I know, I know), having to flip through the rulebook to answer questions, and most of all beating the game on King (which was the second-highest difficulty level at the time) when I was 7 I think. That was on Windows 95 on a Compaq, I also remember having to type in the C:// thing (or whatever it was) to get the game started.

PC Gamer, largely. They did a review and strategy guide for Civilization III that intrigued me, and later hailed Civ 2 as one of the best games of the decade. I think it came in second to Starcraft. I bought Civ3, Game of the Year edition, and have been playing it ever since.

Played one game in 2013 on mongolia prince, and found it to be ok....
then played a bit of multiplayer with friends I was visiting in summer 2014.
then watch maddjinn, and started to do deity. I always found the wonders and great works part of the game very appealing.

Top Bottom