End of Empires - N3S III

Good we have come to and agreement... may you treat our lands well

To: The Empire of the Trilui

We are extremely reluctant to sell the islands because of it's extreme religious and cultural value to our nation.

However, we would be willing to give them up provided you give your territory that's shown in pink to us. We also ask to get 1,000 - 3,000 gp aswell.

I know this deal sounds extreme but we feel that this is how important the islands are to us.

to: Palmyra
That offer is too extreme for us, we must turn it down. Sivi is a valuable trading post for us. But don't worry, no harm between us.

To: The Empire of the Trilui

Sounds good to me, if you change your mind though please inform us.

Here's the Uggor word thing that I gave das. He used them to name a lot of stuff in his story. I've added a few words since his stories, and I plan on adding even more words. But so far, here is the list:

Uggor Words

Uggor- Family
Igog- A company of men. Usuallly refering to groups of warriors.
Srupto- The World
Yensai- Mighty or powerful. Also the name of a river.
Coshunda- A large body of water. The Galas Sea is considered a Coshunda.
Gropohuna- Mountain. The Kotthorns are considered Gropohunas.
Jiti- Meal.
Brosli- Tree.
Brosligo- Treeless. Sometimes used to refer to the more flat areas of Krato, or possibly higher parts of the Kotthorns.
Fre- Life.
Frego- Lifeless or dead.
Gog-Man
Grig- Woman
Gor- People
Kotuu- Name for elephant.
Eso- Red/ Crimson
Gogi- Human
Sontog- Animal
Uyom- Evil
Cotun- Sheep
Yenrus Uggor- Great Family
Eso Kotuu- Crimson Elephant
Hno Un Hnos- Chief of Chiefs
Sogo- Goat
Afono- Cow

(This was a different set. Therefore, the translation is switched around for the first few.)
Horse: Durost
Ox: Afvanfo
Chicken: Pirtipel
Cat: Risfa
Lion: Jiressa
Tikhupata: Divine or mighty
Yenri- Good
Hnoyto-Council
Swen- One
Swenit-First
Kij- Two
Kijit- Second
Hwot- Three
Hwotit-Third
Buci- Four
Bucit- Fourth
Lon-Five
Lonit- Fifth
Lun- Six
Lunit- Sixth
Ver- Seven
Verit- Seventh
Bohu- Eight
Bohuit- Eighth
Katul- Nine
Katulit- Nineth
Cartu- Ten
Cartuit- Tenth
Empo- Blue
Ect- Green
Els- Yellow
Abu- Orange
Tivu- Purple
Nilhatsum- Gold
Musatsum- Tin
Bulatsum- Silver
Zyensum- Copper

Changing Times

Shafay Fetosa, bright and cheery, was engaged in an animated conversation in Hu’uti with Detto, a former Hu’ut slave and soldier of Faron who now worked an administrative job outside of Hiuttu, working to establish the foundations for the promised new Hu’ut state. General Fetosa too had made the transition from an active military position to considerably more peaceful and constructive work very smoothly. The youthful, brown-haired man lived a most content life- he had been elevated to the position of General in the final years of the war, won a string of powerful victories, and now worked to plant the seeds of peace and prosperity, which would grow out of the fallow lands of war.

His peace and conversation, however, was suddenly interrupted by the arrival of a messenger, clad in Faronun military gear.

“It’s General Maeriouhau! He’s had a fit sir!”

“Faerafaen?”

“Yes!”

Immediately, Shafay and his entourage were off.

In the heart of the partially reconstructed palace, the two generals met. Faerafaen was surrounded by a concerned crowd.

“Make way!” shouted Shafay, squeezing his way through the crowd. Dropping to his knees, he glanced at the old man’s eyes- they were shaking and unfocused.

“What is it sir?”

Faerafaen looked at his protégé, and a brief expression, perhaps a sign of relief, passed over his face.

“I must get back to Faron. I have had a terrible revelation-“

“Of what?”

Faerafaen, still lying flat on his back, looked around.

“I must speak to you alone.”

“But-“

“I will be fine. Just get me some water.”

“He needs water!”

In moments, someone answered to the request by bringing forth water, in a rather gaudy bejewelled goblet, presumably one from the Imperial collection. Faerafaen regarded the object with distaste but happily accepted the refreshment.

“Please,” said Shafay, “The General requests my audience alone, for a moment.”

Faerafaen nodded, and the soldiers in the area coerced the concerned crowd out of the room, though not without a few hesitations.

“What is it?”

“I have had a terrible fear for the future of our people. I have held many minor concerns in the past, but just a brief while ago they all came together into a moment of clarity, and the shock... overwhelmed me. I believe I passed out on the floor.”

“They said you had a fit sir.”

“...perhaps I did. But now, I am working to determine what is to be done.”

“Done for what?”

“For Faron, damnit! Shafay, we’re losing what we’ve fought for without a fight!”

“What are you saying? You’re not making any sense! Calm down, or we might lose you aga-“

“Okay! Okay...” Faerafaen calmed himself, pulling his body up into the chair from which it had fallen, and started again. “What would you say of the Faeoria council?”

“What of it? It’s- well, it’s run by the- the...”

“The Maeriouhau, you don’t have to be shy saying that around me. Yes, it’s run by the Faeoria to which I belong, and for how long?”

“How long? Well... longer than I can recall.”

“Longer than you’ve lived, most likely, and for the majority of my life. Now listen, it was not always this way. In old times we’d never keep the same ruler, and control of the country was ever-changing.”

“But it is that way- we’ve had at least four monarchs in the last ten Haia (years). That’s how it’s always been, as far as I understand my history. That’s what sets us apart, that we-“

“I don’t need a lecture from you, General Fetosa. Yes, the kings change, but since when have they ever had power? Not since the Raelof Dynasty- Maohuanaei and his kin, and that was centuries ago. The way it used to be, the power balance between the Faeoria shifted just as fast as the head the rulership rested on. But now, the Maeriouhau have established such an alliance within the council that nothing can dislodge them- they control the kings, and they have for a generation. If something is not done, the Maeriouhau will become the tyrants we have always fought- Rayelaei will be a damned Queen!”

“Such things to say of your own family!”

“Shafay!” shouted Faerafaen, rising to his feet, “Get your deluded head out of the sand and think! It’s not about blind loyalty to our respective Faeoria, or seeking more power for myself or for others, it’s about not becoming in old age the villains that we fought in our youth! My Faeoria has established itself to a terrifyingly autocratic position, and the Faronun, focused so much on standing up against external enemies, have forgotten how to stand up to themselves! If I do not go back and stop this, we will end up a petty dictatorship like every other bloodstained state in this world! I- will- not- let- that- happen!”

“Haiaou above... you’re serious.”

Faerafaen was agog. He dropped back into his chair and held his head. In a moment, the general regained his composure, and gave his junior a deep look.

“You are an idealist, not yet corrupted to bitterness and pessimism like myself. Continue your work here, preparing the Hu’ut to hold the freedom here that you cannot see we are losing at home. I will travel north.”

“Sir?”

“North! I must return to Faron immediately.”

“But-“

“That is an order. You are to take on my role-“

“-until you return.”

“If I return. I must be off.”

With that, Faerafaen rose from his chair, as if rejuvenated. A quick call brought the soldiers back into the room, and a flurry of activity began. By the next morning, the old general had disappeared to the north, as an army of one man with his crucial mission firmly in mind.

to: Neruss and Gyza
You are free from the oppression of the Sesh, we offer you protection.

To: Empire of the Trilui

You will come to our aid if we are attacked? We would accept.

to: the Astrii
We apologize and will withdraw from your domain, our maps were off. For clarification, where do you define your domain?

Roughly speaking it extends to the River Peko and south to your traditional border there.

Orders will come tomorro morning.. im a bit gatted at the moment ;)

This will probably be the most important and longest update in the NES yet. I will try to do it justice. :)

Orders sent. Now all I can do is pray.

This will probably be the most important and longest update in the NES yet. I will try to do it justice. :)

Incidentally, I already sent this with the orders, but I suppose I might as well post it here to pester you further; my manpower hasn't changed since before the conquest of Bisria (and I only realised that a few hours ago). Presumably a mistake? :p

Incidentally, I already sent this with the orders, but I suppose I might as well post it here to pester you further; my manpower hasn't changed since before the conquest of Bisria (and I only realised that a few hours ago). Presumably a mistake? :p

Presumably. I'll adjust it soon. :p

Top Bottom