Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are forest hills supposed to clear to tundra?

I would think they would clear into hills, since a worker usually doesn't appear to have the ability to clear hills (unless they have a giant bulldozer).

I don't see much difference between the results of the goody huts between expansionist tribes and non-expansionist tribes. It may be a good idea to bump up the expansionist tribe bonus, unless you think the scouts are valuable enough.

dafiden said:
I don't see much difference between the results of the goody huts between expansionist tribes and non-expansionist tribes. It may be a good idea to bump up the expansionist tribe bonus, unless you think the scouts are valuable enough.

Usually expansionist civs get a free settler from a goody hut easier.

Rhye said:

In my experience with RoC (I do actually play quite a bit; great mod), I usually get a free settler from a goody hut with any civ. Anyway, just a thought.

To be more specific, with most civs, I usually get about 5 goody huts (since I know where they are by now) before the AI. Practically every time, I get one settler, and 2 tech advances. I get about the same results with an expansionist civ.

Oh, that reminds me about something you may be interested in. In many games, the AI scouts will hover around the goody hut east of Austria (Vienna, I guess), but never get it. I think this is because it's adjacent to a barbarian home. So, every time I get there (no matter how long I wait) I get the goody hut. Thanks.

When will 1.02 be released?

Rhye said:
They should, but they can't, because of the editor limits.

OK. But, then I can never get a city to use those four nice forest hills (one has iron I believe, and there are furs nearby) near Quebec since settlers can't settle in tundra or forest. I actually spent many turns sending a settler to the Quebec forest hills from southern Arabia via Australia hoping that they could settle there, doh!

Very small nitpick, but the crossbowman has no fortify animation. :)

Rhye said:

If I understand the Goody huts correctly, then by removing the possibility of spawing barbarians, a non-expansionist civ has a 14.3% (normally 5%) chance of getting a settler while an expansionist civ has a 16.7% chance (on Emperor). That is the same. More importantly, normally it was very hazardous to take a hut as a non-expansionist because of the 65% chance of barbarians. Now they only bring good things.

I have just recently been tinkering with this and it is quite a mod. Lot of hard work and a quality product. Awesome work guys.

Some things I have noticed (may have been discussed in earlier posts, but were not on Rhye's log back a couple pages) are that several of the bonus resources have multiple entries in the editor and don't seem to appear until all the techs have been done. Playing America, I still don't see horses/mustangs on my map, despite having the wheel. According to the editor, one entry has them not appearing until Military Tradition, so I guess my question is when are the bonus/strategic resources supposed to appear? (Specifics I have seen are game, horses, cattle, sugar).

Some things wait until later to appear (such as many invisible bonuses) to represent the increasing power of certain areas, or the non-existence of certain animals in certain areas until a specific period.

Vostos said:
They clear to any terrain that is "under" them, like any forest.

No they don't. :eek: Rhye already answered this above (and I've already posted what happens above). Forest hills (i.e. hills underneath) do not clear to hills; they clear to tundra.

Three_Crowns said:
If I understand the Goody huts correctly, then by removing the possibility of spawing barbarians, a non-expansionist civ has a 14.3% (normally 5%) chance of getting a settler while an expansionist civ has a 16.7% chance (on Emperor). That is the same. More importantly, normally it was very hazardous to take a hut as a non-expansionist because of the 65% chance of barbarians. Now they only bring good things.

Aha! Then, this is a good argument for beefing up the expansionist bonus.

Aeon221 said:
Some things wait until later to appear (such as many invisible bonuses) to represent the increasing power of certain areas, or the non-existence of certain animals in certain areas until a specific period.

I don't have a issue with that (sort of nice really), but more or less posted because looking at them in the editor, I am not sure they are appearing when intended. Case in point with both wheat and cattle, you would think they would appear earlier than they do (and there are two listed advancements on when they appear, one very early and one later in the game and you can't get the later one without doing the earlier one, so it makes no sense).

I am also asking if it is the intention that Mustangs do not appear until Military Tradition, which basically means no mounted units in North America until then.

Unlike many of the other resources (elephants/camels/iron for example), there is nothing in the Civlopedia on when specificially these are to appear, so you can't reconcile that with the editor.

I haven't seen anyone else post on this so here goes...

My English scout boat was sailing the Arctic Ocean north of Russia when Igot a fatal "File not found" error message. Ididn't take a screenshot, but it had to do with Archvicyel.wav.

I re-loaded the game with Autosave and it happened at the same point again, so this was no fluke.

Help??

Wait!

-> What Aeon says is correct. Forest Hills are LM Forests, and so cleaning them uncover the terrain that was under. It shouldn't be like that, but the editor doesn't allow me to differentiate the "worker action results in..." flag from the standard terrain and the LM.

-> Mustangs will not appear in the Americas until Military Tradition, for historical reasons. I have fixed the pedia entry in the patch.
There are hundreds of spots where bonus resources or invisible resources will appear. Both for History and gameplay. What Aeon said is again correct.

-> I just fixed the Urban Militia/Partisan/Guerilla thing. They were overproduced by the AI after the changes of 1.02, but an incremented cost switched back

-> The patch is complete since a couple of days, but if what you say about expansionists is true, then I must do something. Barbarians can't be put back in the goody huts because they're too important for loading times reduction, so it has to be an additional small bonus.

MontyZuma said:
I haven't seen anyone else post on this so here goes...

My English scout boat was sailing the Arctic Ocean north of Russia when Igot a fatal "File not found" error message. Ididn't take a screenshot, but it had to do with Archvicyel.wav.

I re-loaded the game with Autosave and it happened at the same point again, so this was no fluke.

Help??

With the next patch you will be able to keep playing.

I've had similar issues in 1.01, where the OS reports that Civ is not responding during "thinking" process between turns. It’s an issue that does not come up as an error, yet is reproducible. It has happened on 2 of my games, once as Iroquois, and once as Chinese. Interestingly enough to my knowledge, they happened at different times along the tech tree.

My cpu is Pentium 4, 2.6G, windows XP with 512 RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom