Bug reports and technical issues

Everything that happens before the mod even loads is not in my department, so to speak, especially if it doesn't show an error message. So no, unfortunately :(

Ok, I guess I can give up now :sad: thanks anyway for have been helping me :). Also, good work for this mod, it seems to be awesome!

Just curious,
1. Why does Viking starts with galleys of Swordman and Axeman?
2. Why don't they start with galleys of Huscarl?
3. Why did you rename Berserker to Huscarl, which is some kind of ...servant (Wiki)?
4. The one that collapse Phoenician are Achaemenid; so why should Greece do that?
5. Why Greece's UP last to the Medieval Era?

Posted here since it's not a suggestion but rather a Technical Curiosity :p

And now a technical issues.

I had few Triremes in the open seas near England and Alfred starts at war with me. I sink all their galleys at one turn.

Just curious,
3. Why did you rename Berserker to Huscarl, which is some kind of ...servant (Wiki)?
4. The one that collapse Phoenician are Achaemenid; so why should Greece do that?

1. Game Balance.
2. See #1.
3. Huskarls aren't servants. They're free retainers/bodyguards. Very significant during the medieval period. (On an unrelated note, they are absolute wrecking balls during city sieges in Mount & Blade)
4. No idea what you're talking about.
5. It could get broken if it went any further, but I wouldn't mind having it enabled again for the AI when it respawns.

And now a technical issues.

I had few Triremes in the open seas near England and Alfred starts at war with me. I sink all their galleys at one turn.

Um. I think that's a combination of you playing well + good hit rolls in combat,
and not any sort of deficiency on the part of the game.

4. No idea what you're talking about.
5. It could get broken if it went any further, but I wouldn't mind having it enabled again for the AI when it respawns.

4. Greece UHV only checked when Phoenicia is dead, right? I just think it's better if the UHV is to either collapse or vassalize..
5. What I wonder is why it last until Medieval Era, while in the Medieval Era ancient Greece is already absorbed by the Ottomans etc and do not produce any more Great People..

Um. I think that's a combination of you playing well + good hit rolls in combat,
and not any sort of deficiency on the part of the game.

Alright then.. :) So it was just lucky Ragnar and unlucky Alfred :crazyeye:

Just curious,
3) Saying that huscarls are servants is like saying that knights are servants. Technically true, but it really has the wrong implication.
4) They have to control Phoenicia because Alexander did just that. Why should I make it easier for them just because Persia doesn't always conquer Phoenicia in the game? (To be precise since there seems to be a misunderstanding: the Greek goal isn't to collapse Phoenicia, it's to control their core. It's just that Rhye's rules for control required to control at least two cities if the civ in question is still alive, which is obviously impossible. But I've already changed that.)
5) Good question, I think it could end with the Classical Era just as well without changing much, except that long lasting super Greece would be less likely.

They have to control Phoenicia because Alexander did just that. Why should I make it easier for them just because Persia doesn't always conquer Phoenicia in the game? (To be precise since there seems to be a misunderstanding: the Greek goal isn't to collapse Phoenicia, it's to control their core. It's just that Rhye's rules for control required to control at least two cities if the civ in question is still alive, which is obviously impossible. But I've already changed that.)

My concern is not about how often Cyrus defeated Hiram, but how could the Carthage scare Rome if Phoenicia have to be dead first?

But if "to control" is actually to control 2 of their cities,would you please stable the Phoenicia so damn strong so they don't really heavily penalized when losing Sur and Jerusalem (often culture flipped by them) ?

Therefore, if they have to lost their Levant Companions, they are still strong enough to scare Julius :p

5) Good question, I think it could end with the Classical Era just as well without changing much, except that long lasting super Greece would be less likely.

Which is good and historical. Anyway, if Greece continue to Medieval etc, I think you need a new LH that is not as military as Alexander so Greek won't keep training armies and then attack the HRE and become a superpower...

My concern is not about how often Cyrus defeated Hiram, but how could the Carthage scare Rome if Phoenicia have to be dead first?
Okay then I still don't understand what you're talking about.

Not all the Historical goals are 'historical' : you often have to be better than the civilization was in the real world. Examples are conquering Britain as Prussia, or spreading Islam to 40% as the Arabs.

There's a minor mistake in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml.

<Unit>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_CANNON</UnitClassType>
<UnitType>UNIT_MUGHAL_SIEGE_ELEPHANT</UnitType>
</Unit>

It should be UNITCLASS_BOMBARD now.

Not all the Historical goals are 'historical' : you often have to be better than the civilization was in the real world. Examples are conquering Britain as Prussia, or spreading Islam to 40% as the Arabs.

Sometimes, I think there should be two versions of the UHV.

A strict historical version where you have to achieve major goals that the
civ in question performed in actuality, and a dream version where
you have to achieve all the goals your civ literally dreamed of doing
[with reduced penalties & added buffs; it'd be like a beginner mode].

But if "to control" is actually to control 2 of their cities,would you please stable the Phoenicia so damn strong so they don't really heavily penalized when losing Sur and Jerusalem (often culture flipped by them) ?

Therefore, if they have to lost their Levant Companions, they are still strong enough to scare Julius :p

He's really got a point there. I find it very annoying that now that we have Phoenicians we rarely see Carthage. I'd even propose an autofounding and capital shift for Carthage with no stability penalty when it's the AI playing as the Phoenicians.

He's really got a point there. I find it very annoying that now that we have Phoenicians we rarely see Carthage. I'd even propose an autofounding and capital shift for Carthage with no stability penalty when it's the AI playing as the Phoenicians.

It's already in the SVN. And if you have the SVN, the reason you rarely see Carthage is probably barbarian camel archers razing the city.

The city size numbers on the map look "moth-eaten". It seems that on one occasion, the GameFont.tga was saved with incorrect color depth. Unfortunately, my attempt to paste the "smooth" numbers back causes a "report/don't report" crash on loading the mod.

In the non-SVN version, the dynamic names for Ottomans are bugged. (OTTOMANS and TURKEY are used inconsistently in the Ottoman dynamic names file).

Can provide a screenshot so I know what you mean? I've noticed that several font symbols have problems in the alpha channel but not in the city bars so far.

You have to have keen eyes for such stuff, but it's noticeable. If you look closely, you can find that the "2" of Karkhedon has slight "bites" on its neck that are absent on the "2" of vanilla Moscow. Comparison of symbols from default and DOC GameFont.tga files reveals the problem more clearly. The moth-bittenness of "3" is the most noticeable, since it actually cuts the symbol in half.

Attachments

• exmp.JPG
    exmp.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 135
The graphics for the bombard are still missing.

Yeah, now that I have taken a look at the GameFonts it's apparent that they're corrupted. Thus begins the tedious work of fixing the TGA files. It's the aspect of modding I hate the most.

For the Bombard, I updated the SVN on another system and it worked for me. Maybe you should go to Assets\Art\Units\ and delete the Medieval Bombard folder if there is one, and update again.

I've managed to fix the numbers with GameFontEditor by exporting them from default files. No crash.

Top Bottom