[Religion and Revolution]: Internal Blackboard

Yield Cocoa is available on Mash-Tiles with Jungle.
(Bonus Cocoa simply increases output of Yield Cocoa.)

Thus this new Improvement will be built on Jungle (with and without Bonus-Resource Cocoa).

OK, this variant is fully based on TAC/R&R logic/mechanics. All screens are made from the last version of R&R mod.

Cocoa as a bonus

Cocoa Plantation

Cocoa Plantation (flying camera view)

Only new Cocoa_Plantation building (both nif + dds files) is included the attached archive as it required for TAC/R&R mods.

Attachments

• Cocoa_Plantation.rar
    58.7 KB · Views: 142
For the "respawning Goody Hut on Water" I would rather have something more neutral that is less looking like a complete ship.
(More like parts of a sunken ship: some wood / planks, a barrel, some rope)

Here a "Shipwreck on Reefs near a Coast line"

As you see there are some goods near the damaged ship.

The similar "Ocean shipwreck" scene could be created with some goods on the water surface. A very draft version is here:

Both screens are from a modified "1492: Reefs and Weather" mod.

Here a "Shipwreck on Reefs near a Coast line"

This one (or your final version) we could use for Goody-Huts too. :)
(But for Goody-Huts on Coast maybe.)

The similar "Ocean shipwreck" scene could be created with some goods on the water surface. A very draft version is here:

Great. :)
That is exactly the direction I was thinking of.
(A little bit more wood / broken planks maybe.)

That is exactly the direction I was thinking of.
(A little bit more wood / broken planks maybe.)

This is a very draft version, just an idea. I plan to add for "Ocean Shipwreck" a small boat with a colonist who survived during the shipwreck.

Unfortunately, the graphics part is the simplest one. Very serious changes in SDK will be required here.

To my opinion some of them are:
- the possibility to load lost goods on transport units (wagon train, ships) outside the city,
- the possibility to load survived units on ships outside the city,
- the lost goods/survived units couldn't disappear after 1 turn,
- the possibility to capture survived units on the coast tiles,
etc. etc.

I'm thinking even about more complicated features related to transport units.

Unfortunately, the graphics part is the simplest one. Very serious changes in SDK will be required here.

Actually the logic I am planning would take care of these things quite easily once you enter the Goody-Hut. :)

So depending on the actual Goody behind the Goody-Hut a certain logic is triggered which would automatically:

* Load Goods onto a ship (if Cargo-Slot available)
* Load a Unit onto a ship (if Cargo-Slot available)

I'm thinking even about more complicated features related to transport units.

Sure, go ahead. :)

@KJ:
Could you also create a Button (Worldbuilder) for the Cocoa-Plantation, please ? :)
(I would integrate it into our Mod then.)

@KJ:
Could you also create a Button (Worldbuilder) for the Cocoa-Plantation, please ? :)
(I would integrate it into our Mod then.)

I guess you need two buttons. One Cocoa_Plantation_button.dds and second one Cocoa_plantation_high_res.dds in ....\Art\interface\game hud\actions directory.

Both of them are inside the archive. However, I think we have to reconfigure all buttons when all new yields will be added.

Attachments

• 2 Cocoa_Plantations buttons.rar
    16.1 KB · Views: 212
What do you mean ? :confused:
(We have 52 yields with new improvements in the Preview and there are no problems.)

I mean that each improvement will need couple special buttons similar to Cocoa_Plantation_button.dds and Cocoa_plantation_high_res.dds.

According to List of Yields we have to add Healing Herbs, Red Pepper, Barley, Winegrapes, Indigo as a field improvements. I prefer to see special button/action button for each improvement, than a common one for many yields (as we have now for Cotton-Tobacco-Sugar Plantation).

According to List of Yields we have to add Healing Herbs, Red Pepper, Barley, Winegrapes, Indigo as a field improvements. I prefer to see special button/action button for each improvement, than a common one for many yields (as we have now for Cotton-Tobacco-Sugar Plantation).

Ah ok. :)

I need graphics for our respawning Goody-Huts.
(Part of our "More Variation with Goody-Huts" concept.)

1. for Land -> something like a small camp or a campfire.

As a variant. "Camp of survivors in a shipwreck". Fire is fully animated!

This screen made from a modified "1492: Reefs and Weather" mod.

As a variant. "Camp of survivors in a shipwreck". Fire is fully animated!
Spoiler :

PERFEKT ! :goodjob:
(That is exactly what I was looking for.)

If I understand correctly you plan to add such Camp as a Goody-Hut on neighbour to shipwreck Coast-Land tile.

No. :)
I plan the following:
(Basic idea first discussed here.)

A) I want to add a lot of new functions (DLL) for Goody-Huts

- Giving random amounts of random Goods
- Giving Immigrants
- Changing Attitudes (Diplomacy)

B) There will be unique Goody Huts (only once per Game) like "Rumors about Fountain of Youth" or "Rumors about Eldorado" or ...
(Normal "Ancient Ruins" used)

C) There will be respawning Goody Huts on Land giving Units like Missionary, Native Mercenary, Colonist, ...
(Your campfire.)

D) There will be respawning Goody Huts on Water giving Units (Survivor) or Goods or Gold or ...
(Your scattered parts.)

E) There will be respawning Goody Huts on Reefs or Coast giving Ship (that was repaired) or Goods or Gold or ...
(Your shipwrek.)

C) There will be respawning Goody Huts on Land giving Units like Missionary, Native Mercenary, Colonist, ...

Are you sure concerning "Missionary"? This unit has religion in R&R mod and there is a chance that in one Goody Hut you receive a wrong-religion Missionary.

Are you sure concerning "Missionary"? This unit has religion in R&R mod and there is a chance that in one Goody Hut you receive a wrong-religion Missionary.

No, it is no Problem to my opinion. :)

Even if you get the other Religion, that is no Problem with our Religion concept.
(Ever Nation will have a "Main Religion" but the other Religion will also be present.)

You play a Protestant Nation but you find a lost Catholic Priest who joines you.
(See no problem here.)

No, it is no Problem to my opinion. :)

Even if you get the other Religion, that is no Problem with our Religion concept.
(Ever Nation will have a "Main Religion" but the other Religion will also be present.)

You play a Protestant Nation but you find a lost Catholic Priest who joines you.
(See no problem here.)

You are lucky that you live in XXI, but not in XVI century and Pope Paul III (1534–1549) don't listen you. :) I'm sure a lost Catholic Priest refuses to join your country if you follow the opposite religion. Rope's opinion was very important for his Missionaries who were sent in New World.

Anyway, if you see here no problems, I agree.

Anyway, if you see here no problems, I agree.

It is a game after all. :)
(Let us not make things more complicated than they need to be.)

Edit:
Since "Unitclass" is used, you will probably get Missionaries of your "Main Religion" anyways with that Goody.
(Unless I would purposely code it different, which I actually don't want to do.)

Top Bottom