[Religion and Revolution]: Drop in and say hallo ...

Just wanted to say Thanks!

Probably a familiar story. I played and like the original Colonization. Got the Civ4 version and was disappointed in vanilla. But I occasionally come back to it, especially to see what mods have been done.

Thus, I came back to this site after a long absence, and first was pleasantly surprised to find that the game wasn't dead. First I found the TAC mod and installed it, and was greatly enjoying the improvements it made to the game. Didn't see RaR on the civfanatics download page, but I was a mention of RaR in some of the discussions, so I came looking for it.

Wow. I am seriously impressed. I'm just learning this new mod, in the early stages of my first real game with it (after a couple of learning false starts). And I'm having an absolute blast with this mod, all the new features, and learning it and how to play.

So, I just wanted to stop in and say THANK YOU! for all of the hard work that has obviously gone into this.

If anyone sees this, its worth acquiring an old copy of Civ4Col and downloading this mod to play. I'm having a lot of fun with this, and maybe more than any other TBS I've played in a very long time. Its worth checking out if you aren't playing this.

And, again, thank you to all the people who've had a hand in all the wonderful little bits and pieces that make up RaR. :)

And, again, thank you to all the people who've had a hand in all the wonderful little bits and pieces that make up RaR. :)

Thanks a lot for the kind feedback. :)

It is important to understand though, that we are still in the middle of development.
(We still have really big plans.)

Our mod is not "perfect" yet. ;)
However, the upcoming Release 1.2 will really be a gigantic leap forward considering stability, performance and quality.

Every week our mod gets a little bit bigger and better ...

Even better news! I'll definitely have to come back. Although, right now I'm in the middle of one of those very long game sessions that I remember from Civs of the past. Its very hard to stop playing. So, I might only come up for air every once in awhile. :)

Hello...!!
I registered to congrutulate Fraxsis for making a good mod for civilization 4 and inspiring mooder to finish their half-done work.
I want to thank all modders who has participated in developing such game from a mod =)

Hello then :)
I just downloaded this mod (version 1.3 is it?) and started playing colonization a week ago.
Haven t tried it yet. I m still trying to read as much as I can about the rules of this new game.
It seems big. I guess they is no manual yet.
Well Kudos for the big work.
Maybe I ll hop in and help somedays with the code or writing a manual maybe.

So hello :)

version 1.3 is it?

Yes, Release 1.3 is the current public version.

I m still trying to read as much as I can about the rules of this new game.
It seems big. I guess they is no manual yet.

Yes, this mod is really big.
No, there is no manual.

But there is

and many threads that explain single features.

Well Kudos for the big work.

It was quite fun for us to create this gigantic mod. :)

Maybe I ll hop in and help somedays with the code or writing a manual maybe.

Well, if you really want to support, simply get in touch with the team.

I was a huge fan of the original colonization game that I played as a kid, and bought the new version when it came out and was sorely disappointed by it. That said, I downloaded this mod a few days ago and after a few false starts (pesky natives) learned to play it. I have to say, well done! This is a massive improvement over vanilla and makes the game not only more challenging but considerably more fun!

I did find it substantially more difficult than vanilla though and I was wondering whether native swarming of your towns (40-50 units) on pioneer difficulties and above was a common game-ender for most people?

I have to say, well done! This is a massive improvement over vanilla and makes the game not only more challenging but considerably more fun!
Thank you - and welcome! :)
Indeed, the TAC-Team ("The Authentic Colonization" mod is the basement, on which RaR was built) and the RaR-Team really did an amazing job! :crazyeye:

I did find it substantially more difficult than vanilla though and I was wondering whether native swarming of your towns (40-50 units) on pioneer difficulties and above was a common game-ender for most people?
Yes, RaR is IMHO slightly more difficult than vanilla - but that's the challenge, Dude! :borg:
Depending on your starting situation (location, neighbours, difficulty level, etc.) I would say it's quite common to have high numbers of natives swarming around - especially when playing huge maps and being at war with more than one tribe...

Happy colonizing to you! :D

Hey, my name is Nikolaj and i'm addicted to you mod... please do say if you need historical or geographical advice...

Just stopping in to express my biggest thanks for everyone's work on this mod.

I remembered being so terribly disappointed when C4C first came out, and gave up hope for awhile as there we're only a few mods at the time that barely scratched the surface.

After finding RaR, the old spark that I used to get playing the original Colonization has been reignited.

You guys are the best!

Thanks for this mod; looking forward to see other new things to test even if I have not been very far time wise in this addicting game
I left aside my usual civ 4 mods for this one. I play without victory conditions
no war monger at last

looking forward to see other new things to test even if I have not been very far time wise in this addicting game

There is a massive amount of small features to discover. :)
Spoiler :

• Abandoning Cities
  • Stirring Up Natives
  • Bargaining with Natives
  • Smuggling
  • Lots of events and DLL-Diplomacy event
  • Monasteries and Forts
  • Drying Swamps
  • Whaling
  • Fishing

A good idea is to take a look at our Overview. :thumbsup:
(Sadly the links to the descriptions of the features in that post got lost.)

Hey, just wanted to post to thank you all for your hard work on this mod. I love all civ games, but this mod for Colonization is fantastic, and I'm always really happy to see how it's still being worked on, and still getting better. I don't have much time to play many games anymore, but R&R is one that it always at the top of my list.

Hey, just wanted to post to thank you all for your hard work on this mod. I love all civ games, but this mod for Colonization is fantastic, and I'm always really happy to see how it's still being worked on, and still getting better. I don't have much time to play many games anymore, but R&R is one that it always at the top of my list.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

We are happy to hear that there are people out there, that enjoy our mod.
And recently we are also very happy to hear about more and more people creating modmods for it.

Wow, I have been totally out of the loop on this mod development. I did not even realize that it had its own Development page now. I usually jump on when I get an email about one of my threads then jump back off, not good at all.:crazyeye: I will have to look over things here and see what's all been happening. I did notice one part already that I will comment on....

Top Bottom