Master of Mana Xtended 4.0

Noob questions but...

are the leader traits for Amurite leaders somehow bugged? Playing the good leader was supposed to give me extra fire mana, but I can't research fire spells and my city only has mind mana attached to it. Bug or intentional? Same happens with the neutral leaders.

Also, why does Esvath's sig points to version 3 of the mod? Is version 3 a "final" version while extended 4 is a "beta"? I played an entire game with the Bannor and it seemed to me like the AI has no idea how to play the game. Or is it Prince difficulty simply too low?

I absolutely love what you guys did with Fall From Heaven, btw. Hope Esvath goes back to modding soon.
Prince is fairly low difficulty wise, but the main problem lies somewhere else I think. At some point the AI apparently got a different script regarding unit production. I play on the highest setting and and I can remember when I managed to get to "endgame" but there was absolutely no chance of winning for me because the AI had stacks of 60-80 guys waltzing through my territory.

With the current version, the AI factions are behaving more like sitting ducks, produce considerably less units and keep most of them in their cities. So anytime I make it to endgame now, I pretty much already won and can make a new game. Sure, the old way was probably overkill (at least on the higher difficulty settings), but the current situation doesn't really provide any challenge after you made it through the build-up phase.

Not sure how to fix that, my only idea would be to again dial up the AI stack size a bit.

Extramodmod found a pretty good solution, IMO.

My Emperor game is pretty challenging without being impossible. Currently doing an epic showdown against the Svaltar. p. cool.

Extramodmod found a pretty good solution, IMO.

My Emperor game is pretty challenging without being impossible. Currently doing an epic showdown against the Svaltar. p. cool.

Isn't there are good chance, that ExtraModMod clashes with the changes that esvath made to the game? Do they even work off the same base game version? In which order do you install the mods?

Not trying to hate on another mod here, but I really can't imagine that the ExtraModMod guys balanced their stuff around the Xtensive (ha, get it? :D) changes made by MoM Xtended 4.

Edit: Maybe I jumped to conclusions here, the first sentence made me believe you use both modmods on top of each other. Looking back it it, you probably just compared Xtended to Extramodmod, in which case I don't need to know the install order.

well.. more than that, they are not based on the same modmod... so the solutions here are not necessarily applicable there.

even more than that: in MoM (and therefore in Xtended) there is now an "unit-limit"... + the different yields costs (lumber/metal...etc)

I suppose that the AI is stumped and has a hard time dooing big stacks (it can do some mid-sized though)... and it should have issues with replenishing those stacks when they are destroyed...

thus, when the 1st big stack dies... the follow up is somehow easy.

Yeah, but that's precisely the point: extended brought changes that the AI can't possibly adapt to. Adventuring seems to be extremely important in this mod, so much so that I ALWAYS start with Warrior Caste. Yet the AI doesn't clear ANY monster lairs at ANY point, which makes it lag behind even more.

Hello.

The quarry still transform into "something else" in one turn. It breaks entirely all the tech about quarry boosting : more hammer, or more stone, never works.

No one to propose a patch to solve this ? All the slavery tech ligne is broken by this.

Okay, few things I have encountered. Sometimes, a unit dying causes a crash. This seems to relate to barbarian units guarding unique sites, and possibly at times barbs guarding those little forts that make more of them. I've managed to learn to get past it by going into world builder. Looking around for any npcs about to attack one of the sites and deleting the likely offenders. I've also found ones actually doing it when I hit them, and deleting them got past that as well.

Another thing, I just worked this one out. The AI of races brought into the game by events, particularity the Infernals, and I suspect Frozen. Is not working right. They are not founding their cities. Ran into a recurring crash where Hyborem was at war and my ally was killing him. It was crashing the game. Seeing his starting army never made their city, realize it might be that his death alters his faction. Yet with no city, his faction dies if he does. I think the two were conflicting.

Created him a city, and it stopped the crash when his hero died.

Anyone know if they are still developing this? It seems so CLOSE to finished. Yet little bugs keep showing up. Playing the Aos Si right now, and can't figure out how to summon their epic destiny hero. I've got the only thing the civ pedia says, which is Eternal Court active. Did all three rituals to restore power. I don't know if it's broke or I'm missing a step. :(

well, Sephi went MIA a while back.

and esvath, after shouldering the eXtended aspect of MoM for a long time decided to take a pause... for health issues (iirc).

as a conclusion, nobody's still at work on MoM or eXtended.

But nice catchs for those bugs

Okay, few things I have encountered. Sometimes, a unit dying causes a crash. This seems to relate to barbarian units guarding unique sites, and possibly at times barbs guarding those little forts that make more of them. I've managed to learn to get past it by going into world builder. Looking around for any npcs about to attack one of the sites and deleting the likely offenders. I've also found ones actually doing it when I hit them, and deleting them got past that as well.

Another thing, I just worked this one out. The AI of races brought into the game by events, particularity the Infernals, and I suspect Frozen. Is not working right. They are not founding their cities. Ran into a recurring crash where Hyborem was at war and my ally was killing him. It was crashing the game. Seeing his starting army never made their city, realize it might be that his death alters his faction. Yet with no city, his faction dies if he does. I think the two were conflicting.

Created him a city, and it stopped the crash when his hero died.

Anyone know if they are still developing this? It seems so CLOSE to finished. Yet little bugs keep showing up. Playing the Aos Si right now, and can't figure out how to summon their epic destiny hero. I've got the only thing the civ pedia says, which is Eternal Court active. Did all three rituals to restore power. I don't know if it's broke or I'm missing a step. :(

The crash on some AI units (animals usually) being attacked has been fixed and many more. But only the SVN version has ever been updated since Esvath got his eye problems. But since I had my first kid I have put very little time into it, mostly fixing crashes and working on the map generation and rebalancing some stuff. I know most people never wanna download tortoise svn to use the version so I guess some day I have to try to make a patch or something, somehow.

Hey just started picking back up civ 4 again and wanted to try this mod out but it seem end in a XML error with tags like TECH_ARMY_OF_RIGHTEOUSNESS in Info class was incorrect Current XML files is:modules etc. with many more errors coming in. I dont know what am doing wrong i download the master of mana (which work without the xtended mod) then I download the 4.1 and copy replace the asset folder but this till keep happening.

I put most of my civ 4 mods in my os/program(x86)/Firaxis games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete/Beyond the Sword/Mods

The crash on some AI units (animals usually) being attacked has been fixed and many more. But only the SVN version has ever been updated since Esvath got his eye problems. But since I had my first kid I have put very little time into it, mostly fixing crashes and working on the map generation and rebalancing some stuff. I know most people never wanna download tortoise svn to use the version so I guess some day I have to try to make a patch or something, somehow.

Sadly I do not know how to use SVN, or I would try it. :(

Hey thanks. I had just stopped by to comment the Frozen ascending seemed broken. It is the only thing I can find that might make Taranis ascend, but it requires Illian only rituals prior to cast. So I finally just gave myself the unit with world builder to discover it can't gain xp. So I went back in to force level the thing and finish the racial victory. :)

I figure it just didn't get finished with the work they were doing. Too bad, it was an awesome game as the Frozen. I'll go get this new patch installed and see how that affects things. Thanks again. :)

Update: A few odd things popped up installing it, something about some files that I don't seem to have. But the game seems to be running fine. I'll update later on how it progresses. Not surprisingly, it does appear to break saves.

Hey thanks. I had just stopped by to comment the Frozen ascending seemed broken. It is the only thing I can find that might make Taranis ascend, but it requires Illian only rituals prior to cast. So I finally just gave myself the unit with world builder to discover it can't gain xp. So I went back in to force level the thing and finish the racial victory. :)

I figure it just didn't get finished with the work they were doing. Too bad, it was an awesome game as the Frozen. I'll go get this new patch installed and see how that affects things. Thanks again. :)

Update: A few odd things popped up installing it, something about some files that I don't seem to have. But the game seems to be running fine. I'll update later on how it progresses. Not surprisingly, it does appear to break saves.

A list of what files it missed would be awesome, I am not all sure what Esvath used as the last version in SVN so it was very much a try of manually finding the relevalt directories and dll files that we have changed. Of course it requires that you use the latest version of the Xtended mod. But thanks for testing..

I'd have to redo the install to see. I remember their directory location was unusual though. Have encountered a problem. For some reason barbarian forts are respawning after a while. Some times I see some units, like 2 ogres just saw appear to build one few turns back. Then I just saw one this turn reappear inside my borders, without anything I could see building it.

This is becoming an issue as I try to expand early game. xD

Just redid the install. There were four errors as listed below:

this is no longer located in C:\Users\Justicar\Desktop\Modules\LoadOrderVitalModules. Verify the items location and try again.
Fourth Load
Second Load
Third Load

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Justicar\Desktop\Modules. Verify this items location and try again.
z_ModMods

Oh yeah, am using the most current version to the best of my knowledge. Master of mana full setup, Master of Mana 2.11 patch, Master of Mana extended 4.1, and this new patch were testing out. :)

I'd have to redo the install to see. I remember their directory location was unusual though. Have encountered a problem. For some reason barbarian forts are respawning after a while. Some times I see some units, like 2 ogres just saw appear to build one few turns back. Then I just saw one this turn reappear inside my borders, without anything I could see building it.

This is becoming an issue as I try to expand early game. xD

Yeah, the barbarian player can build forts now, also make units in cities for his barbarian points. There is no units building it unfortunately, it is the barbarian AI that just places them which is kinda lame. But the system is just reenabled as of yet, not changed.

The barbarian cities also can launch attacks, but is usually just the one orc or ogre basically. It is still not working great, reenabling the old systems, but I will tweak as I test basically.

Top Bottom