[FfH II Art Team Blog]

how many frames per second does CIV use?

Check the motionflow.jpgs in the unpacked unitartfolders. Those tell you exactly how many frames you can use for each type of animation;)
I.e. a runsequence has 16-20 frames for meleeunits. That's not much as you might notice and things like Ents/Treemen will definitly look "hasty". A decend runsequence to make an Ent walk slowly would at least require three times that value but there's no way to make that work I believe.

small update 16.o7.o7

This is really very small, just to show off Buboes sword (ok, i know it s a kinda sick idea, but i wanted to try myself at detailed equipment and he is an evil character :) (this was really pixelwork :) and ... finally I modelled my own horse (still needs texture), as a base for all my following mounted units. so, from now on i can call even mounted units 100% mine :)

on a somewhat related note, i just noticed how srange stephanos's pedia entry is in .23

Yea... time that he gets the outfit for a better pedia entry ;) He will be next on the list.

especially because i dont have a striking idea for the lunatic right now. if he is so interesting, then he deserves a great model, which should be done when the inspiration and creativity for it is there.
I can feel the artist in you speaking ...

Any plans to update the art on volcanos? they seem rather small flat and don't really fit in well with mountains, to put it bluntly, they just look kinda ugly.

Maybe change them into a remodeled mountain? will look less weird when hell turns back into normal land then, and they will mold themselves with adjacent mountains like normal.

Any plans to update the art on volcanos? they seem rather small flat and don't really fit in well with mountains, to put it bluntly, they just look kinda ugly.

Maybe change them into a remodeled mountain? will look less weird when hell turns back into normal land then, and they will mold themselves with adjacent mountains like normal.

There is a Volcano model in AoI and it's really cool!

*hopes seZereth makes a really wicked female svartalfar assassin*

not only the assassin will be wicked :p
But you know... I am on a braek :) but I am also hot on taking on creation again :)
you will have to wait until the first official release of Shadow, but be sure, it will include some wicked female Svartalfar Units!

They get dipped in black rubber during training. For, erm, hiding purposes...

small update 10.o8.o7

After my 2 weeks break I can finally unleash the first Horseman... Buboes. This Model, including the Horse has been created completely from scratch. I packed a lot of details into his textures, especially the Sword is worth a close look in game :) Overall he uses 1468 Triangles and 1138 Vertices (for comparison: the warlords "mounted mongol swordsman" uses 1200t and 1000v) and he is rigged to the mongol´s animation. So, he does not have any special effects, but is performance wise very economically ;)

leave me some comments :)

Um, ... wow! Can't say much else than that. I definitely know what my next desktop wallpaper is going to be when I get home.

Top Bottom