FfH 2 Manual

If at all possible I would highly recommend adding bookmarks to the PDF so that it is easier to navigate.

Well, the links carry over from Open Office automatically. I haven't discovered a way to create bookmarks which would also carry over as yet. Which kind of bookmarks would you want to have? Just the TOC and each major section, or also minor sections, or every clickable link target?

I kinda hoped that the TOC and the 3 corner buttons would suffice fairly well for navigation other than direct links in the text.

-Grigori Palace +1 Adventurer:gp:
-"Bazaar of Mammon" is a National Wonder
-It seems that "Graft Flesh" spell does not need 2 Living Units now
-"Shield of Faith" promotion:+10/30%:strength:, but I can't find the 30% bonus in game(while defending):confused:
-"Add to Flesh Golem" spell does pass Channeling 1 promotion.
-Alazkan the Assassin has Dark Elf promotion(Should be Elven promotion)
-Stephanos has Command promotion(should be Command I,II&III now)
-Not all UnitCombats can get Mobility II promotion.

Thanks greatly :) Absolutely awesome first post ;)

Can't believe that I missed an entry on Graft Flesh. I swore that I had seen that once and fixed it. I probably actually put that in LATER and wrote from memory (which is horrible!)

According to the XML, Shield of Faith does get the 30% bonus on defense. Are you saying that it doesn't show up in the combat odds or combat log?

Funny, I had fixed Alazkan in the Svartalfar section, but not in the main units section. I hate when I partial update/revise :(

All the fixes will be in the next version. And I'll put the borders back on the first few World Wonders. Forgot to completely undo my sample on a new layout ;)

If you would like Xien after you finish I will do the bookmarks as I have Adobe CS3

According to the XML, Shield of Faith does get the 30% bonus on defense. Are you saying that it doesn't show up in the combat odds or combat log?
It doesn't show up in either, and has no effect. I had tested with 2 warriors with this promotion and they both hit 20HP to each other.(I checked it in combat log)

Ok, I'll have to look in the DLL sometime to make certain that the XML tag is actually being used properly. I'm not COMPLETELY familiar with the combat setup, but I think that both units ought to still do 20 damage unless there is a fairly large difference in their strengths. A better test might be having a Beastmaster attack an Arquebus with Shield of Faith, and another attack one without it. See if there is a difference then (if memory serves that is a fight between a 14 and a 10. Those are about the numbers where I would expect to have a 30% bonus become noticeable)

Kas: I've got full Adobe, and could go through and do them (you can feel free to do so as well if you like, I don't put protection on the manual), but I create a completely new PDF each time I update the manual, so I'd have to do the bookmarks all over every time. Unless there is a nice feature in Open Office which I am not familiar with yet. I switched to for the manual because it exports the text links. When I was using MS Word I was going into Adobe each time and coloring the text and setting the links by hand. I would have probably dropped the whole idea of links long ago if I was still doing that :)

EDIT: And re-reading your post maybe you meant "after I finish" as in "after the entire manual is complete and won't be revised anymore," if so, that day is a LONG ways off :) Kael patches frequently enough that even if I was satisfied that the manual was fleshed out, I'd probably still put out a new one every week or so ;) But with my list of things to add (Events, Mod-mods, Programming Formulas...), I've got another 4 months of work at the least probably.

I'm surprised that making a pdf from Word or Open Office (hmm, "OO" is taken) doesn't automatically make bookmarks like InDesign and Scribus do. Bookmarks would be really handy for jumping around this huge document, but they're too much work to do manually.

Beastmaster vs Arquebus(with Shield of Faith)22 vs 17
Beastmaster vs Arquebus(with Empower I)22 vs 17 too

I'm surprised that making a pdf from Word or Open Office (hmm, "OO" is taken) doesn't automatically make bookmarks like InDesign and Scribus do. Bookmarks would be really handy for jumping around this huge document, but they're too much work to do manually.

It does, but you have to make the entire document "the right way" meaning you have to make word (or whatever) understand what you are doing. For example I once made a pricelist and wanted an index so I did it "the right way" and used forms, headings etc, then when I converted it to pdf I saw that the pdf converter has created bookmarks for me (for the headlines). So good for me that I was correct (for once, not many people are, not even "professional" people I might add). The question is if it is worth the added to to proper "learn" word for example what the various pieces of text means (it doesn't take that long to make a proper bookmark tree, if you have the program that is).

Another way of doing this is that you make the bookmarks and then when you change a page or add a page you do just that add a page through adobe, that way only the bookmark for the page that you have changed is spoiled not the rest.

Edit: To make it clear. Only head/heading/headlines (or whatever it is called) becomes bookmarks when you convert a document, nothing else and if you aren't using the righ forms no bookmark will be created and if you do like most folks do you write and then you just change font and fontsize as you go then no other than standard forms will be used (by default, at least for words).

Thanks for testing it Buli. I just looked in the DLL and while the tag exists, and is loaded into the DLL for use, NOTHING is done with it at all, it isn't even exposed to Python. So Shield of Faith is just a flat 10% bonus. I looked in the code and it is applied both for attack and defense (or ought to be, if I am reading right).

Xien, you have the wrong mana type for the Amurite palace, they have Metamagic mana instead of Mind mana. This is the latest one, .91 and I checked the ingame pedia. The only reason I really looked is cause I was looking at which ones started with mind mana.

edit: I checked and the others are fine. I'm guessing you got distracted by the discussion about putting mind mana with the amurite palace instead of metamagic.

Fixed it, thanks much :)

While trying to get Bookmarks to export I found out that I can actually link the duplicated entries so that I only need to update 1 of them. Hopefully that'll cut down the number of such errors I have in the future :)

Oh, you haven't played the Clan lately have you? Totally accurate. Ayup... It's a balance thing for um.... Having green skin? Yeah... See, Yoda was the same issue. And uh... Kermit? Yeah, Kermit is a badass in a fight....

(On that note, I am most CERTAINLY moving to linked data instead of multiple versions)

Top Bottom