warcraft mod

nice! especially the Undercity,

I presume that when this is done there will be a Warcraft map?

wow this is cool, i support this alot!
my dream was to make warcraft mod too, though it is absolutely too hard for me who doesn't understand anything about civ4's modding technique. :p
just wondering can we actually put outland on the map? because i've noticed you put the black temple and exodar :)

For world improvements you could probably use quite a few directly from FFH, maybe tweaking the actual effects where neccessary. The Maelstrom, Dragon Bones -> Galakrond's Rest, Yggdrassil -> Nordrassil, etc. You could probably have the Caverns of Time, maybe make it an epic lair or something like that. Actually, coming to think about it, you could pretty much take whatever dungeon you want and it'd work as an epic lair. Ulduar, Uldaman, and Uldum would be obvious choices. For the Mirage Raceway you could maybe have a large commerce bonus. Fire Plume Ridge could work like the Guardian of Pristin Pass, except instead of spawning gargoyles it spawns a big fire elemental. Depending on whether you're setting it post-Cataclysm, there's probably a ton of new things there that could be used as world features. Wyrmrest Temple could work like Odio's Prison does. And you could possibly have Nagrand Arena, so that if you control it you could have arena matches or something like that.

For world wonders I'd probably have to think a bit. The obvious one is the Cathedral of Light, but obviously that'd have to be the shrine for the Light religion. You could have the Deeprun Tram for transporting units about. The Great Forge would be another good one, have it give GE points, and maybe a production bonus to forges, or maybe just a big production bonus in that city. I'll think up some more wonders later.

Edit: Couple more for you. Noth's Plague Cauldron could work like Mokka's Cauldron. The Altar of Damnation could be a good GPP wonder, although I'm not sure what you could put for its main effect; maybe have units created in that city have a chance to get some kind of awesome promotion or something. The Drowned Sacellum could be another good GPP wonder, allowing you to make murloc units with (coastal?) water walking possibly. Also, now that I think about it, the Grim Guzzler would be a silly but awesome idea for a wonder; you could have it give GM points and some manner of gold bonus. You could also have the Black Anvil, giving GE points, and any units built in that city get a Dark Iron armour promotion giving resistance to fire damage.

thank you all
the mod is only about azeroth world, i have put the black temple as a provisional name of burning legion capital
this is the provisional list of wonders and world improvement

greymane wall
ravencrest monument
alonsus chapel
arcane sanctum
cathdral darkness
crusaders' chapel
sanctruary of the moon
temple of zin malor
stranglethorn trust bank
wintegarde mausoleum
uther's tomb
undercroft
trollbane family cript
tomb saregeras
scholomance
hnor's tomb
ironbeard's tomb
kodo graveyard
maw of neltarion
razorfen dawn
ruby dragonshinw
emerald dragonshine
Dawning Woods Catacombs
Azure Dragonshrine
Amani Catacombs
vordrassil
Obsidian Dragonshrine
Temple of Atal'Hakkar
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
Temple of Arkkoran
Shrine of the Ancients
circle of elemetal binding
altar of storms
Shrine of Dath'Remar
Shrine of the Dormant Flame
Shrine of the Fallen Warrior
Temple of Storms
Mazthoril
tol barad
caverns of time
Ragefire Chasm
deadmines
Stormwind Stockade
dire maul arena
Molten Core
Violet Hold
Vault of Archavon
Onyxia's Lair
Crusaders' Coliseum
shadow grave
Altar of the Blood God
Tethris Aran
Pod Wreckage
Thoradin's Wall
Morlos'Aran
Eldra'nath
Great Forge of Iron Forge,
The Sunwell
Deeprun Tram...
maelstrom
Black Anvil:)

palace of Lordaeron should also be a wonder since it was the past centre of the alliances and was symbol to the city of Lordaeron, making it somehow worthy to be recaptured by the alliances

palace of Lordaeron should also be a wonder since it was the past centre of the alliances and was symbol to the city of Lordaeron, making it somehow worthy to be recaptured by the alliances
You do realize that all of Lordaeron proper -- with the exception of the Scarlet Monastery and Hearthglen -- was destroyed by the Scourge and then claimed by the Forsaken, right? The Tower of Tirisfal, which would have been a wonder before, simply doesn't exist any more. Which is true of a lot of things that could be wonders.

You do realize that all of Lordaeron proper -- with the exception of the Scarlet Monastery and Hearthglen -- was destroyed by the Scourge and then claimed by the Forsaken, right? The Tower of Tirisfal, which would have been a wonder before, simply doesn't exist any more. Which is true of a lot of things that could be wonders.

which is why you have buildable levels like AoL

Not completely destroyed you could still see the sprawling tower and the throne room, the entire place is still standing just not functioning. Even the Forsaken used the ruined palace as part of their defenses.

have you got any suggestions for the events and for the civics

now i've done the spells and the wonders

when does the event start? is it after the third war or before or from the entire wow event? because there is alot of thing happenng such as the plague, the invasion, the plagueland civil war, fall of scarlet enclave and the battle for light's hope chapel...etc and etc

for first i'd like to put a beta version with no history, all the civs together, and after think about it, i'll keep the standard ffh events
and what about the civics?

It'd be even more difficult to think up new ideas for civics than for events, since civics are really general ideas that can apply to any mod or theme. You'd be better off picking and choosing which ones you want from ffh and civ4.

you are right, have you got any suggestion for the rituals?
what is the use of improvement door and walls?

i highly recommend you to go to wowwiki for information and ideas though
ideas for events
- raids(for towns): spawn of units that will attack random towns and will disappeared after few turn(bandits, pirates, or even adventurer)
- plague that spawn zombie units
- druids and their forest
- living condition revolt(stew's idea to keep population growth controlled since towns in wow have low population, but for the games to run....)
- conflict between night elves and high elves or blood elves(trying to get high elves joining them)
- problem with dwarves(too drunk, criminals) or good things (invention, weapons)
- Naga spawn: they have been problem for kul tiras and several other nation or demons spawning
- warhammer mod event can also be good examples
- etc
for civic most can be general but not really the government but if you're asking about the effect then it is a yes but with few extra effect of course)
gov't:
Monarchy, Magoracy, Dictatorship, Tribal chiefdom, elected council
for ritual:
- Archimonde summoning or burning legion rituals of summoning(doomsguard, dreadlords) or offering
- sunwell rituals(such as restoration of a sword that i can't remember the name or restoring the sunwell or arcane purposes that gives culture and exp)
- magi ritual of refreshments
- orcish shaman or nagas rituals? im not sure.. but they usually sacrifice units try searching ritual in wiki

Top Bottom