Hulfgar's Modpack

Sure you can :)

at this time this is what is implemented in version 3 :

Buildings /Wonders :
Solomon Temple Wonder (v3) credits Ambrox62
The Sphinx Wonder (v 2) credits Ambrox62
The Parthenon Wonder (v 2) credits Ambrox62

Water Sport Resort : improve happiness and gold income. Available with Tech Refrigeration.
Ski Resort : improve happiness and gold income. Available with Tech Refrigeration
(This is to balance the increased cost due to the buildings required by the military.
And I think that mountains are not used to their real value : in real life they are real economic assets due to the tourism).

Change in units balance :
WW1 Fighters cost lowered to 220 (was 300)
Dreadnought cost lowered to 220
All WW2 fighters now obsolete with Tech Supersonic Flight
All tanks now obsolete with Tech Lasers
Fixed bug with the Panzer IV and Divebomber for Spain (and Ottomans).
Created a directory for DLC specific content (Spain units) so that it can be easily deactived by non DLC users.

Planned :

More work on German translation.

I want a modern version of the divebomber, call it strikefighter or fighter-bomber.
Available with Supersonic Flight. It will use the vanilla fighter skin until we get some convertion from Civ4 (F15, Mirage 2000, Tornado, Phantom, Su 25, A10 would be great).

If Thal is ok I will add some feature of his Balance mods.

I want to change how the knight templar works : either bind it to a religious wonder or a policie.

And I want to work on compatibility with City states UU, Mercenaries and Barbarians.

Any other idea is welcome :)

Hey, love the mod.

Just got one issue that really ruins the day for me :sad:

:sniper: When I try to modify the terrain, ex: changing a farm to a tradepost, the game crashes.

At first it was a while in the game like turn 200 or so, restarted and it worked fine again.
Now its a constant at around turn 300.

any ideas :confused:

It's strange, never had this bug and I didn't touch the terrain or the workers (just enabled the lumbermill on jungle in ver2)

Could you send me a saved game and tell me if it was with ver2 or 1 ?

Do you have other mods enabled ?

Got the barbarians! v2 mod, Duke difficulty, native terrain, and I use Tinymap Terra mata.

Heres the latest autosave.

Thanks for the save Royco.

I will look into this asap (but I will be quite busy with my family for the next 4 days so it may not be until Monday).

As I said I had this bug while testing ver3 : It crashed 3 times in a row and without reason it was ok at the 4th try. Since then it didn't happened again :crazyeye:

With some luck your saved game will help me.

Version 4 is now online (I used ver3 as test version).

I am still trying to solve the bug that sometimes occurs when a worker is ordered to change a farm in trading post.

The rest should work fine, don't hesitate to report any problem encountered.

Ver 62 of Thal's Balance mods is now included.

3 new units and 4 new buildings.

Some units updates.

I hope you enjoy it :)

Damn you :crazyeye:
Now I have to play more civ 5 :D

Not easy beeing addicted to something.....passed 300hrs now....scary stuff. Epic:goodjob:

Great Mod, keep it coming, I have a 2 month summer vacation to kill also.

:goodjob:

Btw, any future plans for the mod? I love some prehistoric era action also.

Btw, any future plans for the mod? I love some prehistoric era action also.

Early plan is to complete the translations (Thal's balance in french and german and some other german translations).
While doing this I wish to clean any remaining bug to start ver5 from a clean basis.

I think I will include more wonders from fellow modders and certainly City States UU, Mercenaries and Naval Counterattack.

On the long term I want to work on the pre industrial eras, but for this I have to get the reskinning tools working or find somebody willing to reskin or convert units.

As always any feedback or ideas are welcome :)

Hey.

V4 is not playable for me, after turn 226.
It crashed one time before that at around 176 too, but it was poss to reload.

Elisabeth, large, epic, terra mata, raging barb, .

mods: barbs! v2, your mod.

Too bad really, had a good thing going in that particular game.

Hello Royco,

can you post me the saved game.

Was it a crash to desktop or something else ?

Hello Royco,

just in case : did you activate the directory for Polynesia (remove the "_" in "_DLC POLYNESIA").

I have activated Barbarians v2 and tinymap Terra Mata are those the mods you are using ?

This mod is absolutely amazing!

However, I had a situation where I ended up having -1 iron and -1 timber because I was building and training at the same time, I think.
Does this happen to you?

I was having other mods activated at the same time, so I just wanted to know if this happened because of a mod conflict, or if I just need to watch out what I do from now on.

Hello Ramstorp,

this situation was normal and can happen when you are able to build the steel foundry :

Swordmen, heavy swordsmen and knights require each 1 iron.
A steel foundry requires 2 iron and 1 coal.
So if you want to produce steel (for cannons for example), you will need to balance the use of iron between units and foundries.
Later when you have gunpowder it will be easier because you can switch all your iron resource to steel production.

With timber it is quite the same :
It is required for ships from Trireme to Ship of the Line, for catapults and trebuchet and for the charcoal burner if you are short in coal supply.

I could not restrain the timber to cities with forest and jungle tiles so you should have plenty of it.
But if you build a strong navy, lot of siege weapons and a charcoal burner in each city you may have a shortage at some time.

With modern armies the problem will be more to balance the diesel use between land and sea units.

The idea behind all of this was to keep some resources strategic but whithout having to declare war just because your empire had no supply of a critical resource and your neighbourgs were unwilling to trade it!

Hello Royco,

just in case : did you activate the directory for Polynesia (remove the "_" in "_DLC POLYNESIA").

I have activated Barbarians v2 and tinymap Terra Mata are those the mods you are using ?

Hi.

It seems like I havent done that :eek:

Ill fire up a game now and see if things will go smoother.

Any idea about the farm to trading post problem?

Oh and also there is a mod out there where the prehistoric bit has been developed, but it really needs to be in this mod instead :king:
Cant remember the name of it now though.

Any idea about the farm to trading post problem?

Not a clue at this time, I can't even make it happen again. This is really a weird bug !

I am working on a revised version 4 because of another bug : the game crashes when units are moving near something that I can't identify (barbarians or a city state I suppose).
I will disable Thal's Balance Mods at first and include only TB Combat v69 and barbarians v6.
I give me 3 days to test it and if all goes well it will be online in the middle of the weak.

Oh and also there is a mod out there where the prehistoric bit has been developed

I will look for it, tell me if you find the name :)

Yes its for sure when I move near something but I dont know what.
Was close too the mongols and harun al rashid when the game just stopped, its not related too memory or any like that.

the game crashed in turn 336 - ren era. never got that far before. But thats maybe because I started on an island and didnt explore as much.

Starting a new game with only hulfgars v4 and barbs v6 + standard terra map.

Top Bottom