Dutch and EIC

Hard to see any rationale for changing up the Dutch UA. It is in no way affected by the alterations to trade routes. The name seems hardly here or there.

Hard to see any rationale for changing up the Dutch UA. It is in no way affected by the alterations to trade routes. The name seems hardly here or there.

@ Hans. I think the point people are making is that, with the introduction of foreign trade routes, the Dutch might benefit from a more "trade route" oriented UA.

Aussie.

@ Hans. I think the point people are making is that, with the introduction of foreign trade routes, the Dutch might benefit from a more "trade route" oriented UA.

I think Dutch could benefit from some synergy between their UA, UU and UI. Currently they hardly have any.

Other than that, I doubt they need changes. Trading resources is still in and wasn't changed (unlike cultural victory), so civs enhancing it are still welcome.

It's not that their UA needs to be changed, it's that a trade route related bonus is an obvious, logical fit for the Dutch.

Perhaps not a full change to their UA, but rather a renaming, seems fit for both The Dutch and Arabia. After all, the East India Company is going to be a wonder, and Trade Caravans are now going to be a regular unit.

Perhaps not a full change to their UA, but rather a renaming, seems fit for both The Dutch and Arabia. After all, the East India Company is going to be a wonder, and Trade Caravans are now going to be a regular unit.

Yes, most likely.

Aussie.

There are multiple trade mechanics in the game. The Dutch have a substantial advantage in the handling of one of them. If they were being introduced this time around, they would probably have a UA revolving round the new mechanic. As it is, that honour will go to Morocco and Portugal. But as the Dutch UA is not weak as it stands, and will not be weakened, I see no need to change it.

Top Bottom