venturebeat article - 17 / 5 / 13

I expect any votes for a luxury ban will be regarded as an extremely negative modifier on par with denouncing. Banning the Zulu's luxury is a hostile act—why wouldn't they be hostile in return? I take your point about AI bickering gettig out of hand though.

Oh, I accept that it's a hostile act and should be treated as such. I'm just worried about how it's going to be implemented really.

Attila is focused on early conquest. So he should declare war as fast as possible. I expect Shaka to be more reasonable.

With half off maintenance on all melee units, a quarter bonus to EXP gain and an beefed up Barracks? Nah man, Shaka's going in for the kill right from the start.

It is a fair point though that Shaka's bonuses are applicable for pretty much the entire game, whereas Attila's are geared towards early warfare.

What are those two civs in the top of the mini map on the other side of the world from Morocco? Nether looks familiar to me.

I think that they're the Zulus and Indonesia?

Woops! Weird, I actually checked that thread out. I was wondering why I thought "this seems REALLY familiar" when I was posting it :S

I guess a mod should lock or merge this.

I think it's OK, it's clear now that people are more likely to discuss a preview if it has its own thread.

Looks great! I like how diplomacy has transformed into a more political system, and one that has new ways to make friends and enemies.

One question, in the second screenshot, it the box with the economic advisor's information, there is a line saying "what is a political treatise" (in the area with the links to get more info).
Does anyone have anything about this "political treatise"? is it related to the world congress/UN?

Looks great! I like how diplomacy has transformed into a more political system, and one that has new ways to make friends and enemies.

One question, in the second screenshot, it the box with the economic advisor's information, there is a line saying "what is a political treatise" (in the area with the links to get more info).
Does anyone have anything about this "political treatise"? is it related to the world congress/UN?

It's Great Wrtier's Unique Ability (which I believe is a one-time boost to culture for you civilization).

Shaka's Attila on crack, so I would imagine that any perceived minor slight would set him out for blood.

The only slight argument for a North Korean civ is so we can have a Kim ask us for 50g, we say no and he denounces us before nuking his neighbour :lol::lol:

Top Bottom