An idea for a FFH challenge

Ororo

King
Hey guys, yesterday I came up with an idea, which I thought might be interesting for some of you. It's basically a FFH2 equivalent of the Noble's Club (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=474730), which I would host in FFH the strategy & tips subforum.

For those of you unfamiliar with this idea: Basically a starting save of game is posted with some basic information about the civ and the leader chosen. Everybody can then join in and compare their strategy with others - what economy has been used, what units have been fielded, what kind of victory condition has been pursued. It is extremely helpful if you want to get better... or if you are already a great player this is the right place teach others. This is done via reports, where you talk about the choices you have made accompanied by some screenshots or even saves.

Sounds appealing?

Well... then I need your feedback on the options that we are going to use.

Patch: I'm inclined to start off with the unofficial patch "p" and maybe later on we can switch to Tholal's modmod (when I get a better idea of all the changes that have been made by Tholal)

Difficulty: I am not too sure I want to set up 8 different saves as dalamb does for the Noble's club so I would prefer if we decided on a specific difficulty option, which we would eventually increase. Emperor seems like a nice starting point. Immortal would be doable as well, but Deity I don't feel to comfortable about.

Map settings: Here I would probably go with standard Pangeas, Continents, Hemispheres, Inland seas etc. I'm not that big of a fan of Erebus mapscript. It's far from balanced imo.

We could maybe even disable stuff like Huts and Lairs to make the game slightly less random and thus easier to compare and learn from.

Any feedback appreciated!

If you want a lot of people to join in, use MNAI. Also play with events disabled or at least Living World off--lucky rolls can skew the results. Don't pick Perpentach as the leader.

Any map should be fine.

Thanks for the input! It's a standard procedure to turn off events for competitive formats and this challenge definitely won't be an exception.

As for Tholal's - if it's indeed the most frequently used mod I am happy to use it to attract more players. Hopefully I can quickly adapt to the changes.

Top Bottom