Maps of NESing V

This is just something I've been tossing around. The entire world is done, including climates, pressure zones, basic ocean currents, tectonic plate movement, etc. this is just a small region.

Thoughts, criticisms?

Spoiler :

Personally I really like the look, especially the difference between hills and mountains. Will this start as a cradle nes, or with everything revealed?

The ones on optical's maps usually look good.

These? They're nice looking, I don't know if I like them necessarily more than what I'm using. They look good for sure, they just might make the map looking a little.. busy.

Personally I really like the look, especially the difference between hills and mountains. Will this start as a cradle nes, or with everything revealed?

Firstly, thank you. Secondly (for fear of not wanting to clutter the map thread up with NES concepts, I'll keep this brief) I have nothing exactly planned, right now I'm just interested in creating this world. Who, what, when, where and why haven't been close to planned. I was kicking around starting a world-creation thread to see if anyone would be willing to help me fill things out.

In the mean time, I'm still looking for data or ideas on how to create a population density map, and I was also thinking about possible resource maps.

This is a clear WiP, but this is how I'm doing my density maps; thoughts?

Spoiler :

I see my discoveries have been revealed.

Updated:

Spoiler Pop. Density :

Spoiler Pop. Density with Borders :

It looks nice TLK.

For jpgs, imgur. Large pngs may be converted to jpgs with imgur, though. That is why I use imageshack for most stuff.

edit: i forgot i already showed this.

By chance, is there a NES-style supercontinent map floating around? A historical (palentological?) map is preferable, but any will do.

Thanks in advance.

Someone posted a map of Pangaea in WWW, iirc, but it had countries on it and stuff, I think. Could be worth checking out, though.

Hey is there pre ww1 map that uses the Symphony D style map that isnt tiny?

This one if you are wondering.
Spoiler :

if there isnt I would be very grateful if someone could make one for me please. :D

hey i dont know if anyone else is having this problem, but when i look on first page of the thread, non of the historical maps show up, does anyone have a spare copy of these maps? Preferably the more modern ones. I think it is a problem with imageshack.

I haven't done my due diligence maintaining this thread. I'll try to look through it as soon as I can, but I've got a lot on my plate.

Crosspostin':

That reminds me, I actually pulled old map data off a dying hard drive a few months ago, so I have the source files in .psd for that terrible old map and its way better replacement, since some people expressed vague token interest in that. At least the latter would need Photoshop CS4 to really use properly due to how the layers are filtered; GIMP 2 can open them and could maybe but they don't look quite right, and resetting them to closely match would require installing Photoshop, which is more effort than I care to dedicate in the nearish future.

But I could totally throw those on to MediaFire if people care enough.

Top Bottom