Show me your orders/battle plans!

Actually, I remember those orders - you weren't his ally yet back then...

I allied with him after Carthage abondend us if I recall. I always got ganged up against or betryaed, sometimes both.

That's just the description that I was searching for. He should put that in his title or something, IMHO...

:lol:

I agree

Birdjaguar theres a fine line between Long usefull orders, and long Useless orders.

My orders tend towards the latter since I do them at Midnight or similar....

(although my LINES orders, bascically consisted of attacking the enemy with millions of Zombies, little to no tactics.)

Indeed I think the most usefull Military tactics would be if players seperated their military orders into
Campaign Aims:
How you intend to acheive those Aims: (movement of military forces where etc etc)

And maybe Thoughts on Enemy movements and giving flexability to officers, so that if your wrong, they can do something else to acheive these aims.

Thus the mod, knows what you want, and can use your leadership stat (if one exists) effectivly.

Although I also appreciate Andis's army deployments, as they help resolve a lot of things. (a good example is he placed Hoplites on the flanks, which is the customary position of cavalry, Hoplites > Cavalry . (unless your smart, Phalanx's have a very rigid formation, so will fall easily to a flank or rear charge by Cavalry, despite the spears)).

Nope!

Yeh, my main problem was trying to do MMing for the military, which generally didn't work. das could show some of my old ITNES orders if he wants to, since I don't have them anymore (just don't show the weird ones from when I went all 3mo and despondent ;) ).

Wow, I can't believe you guys write so much for orders. They just get PMed, if it weren't for this thread they would only be seen by 2 people wow!

:old: in my day we didn't make things more complicated than they needed to be, we said what we wanted to do and people respected *Secret* tags and a really cool tension built up between sides. Orders weren't long because you could only submit them once, and so the closer to the update that you could post them the better. This way for lurkers (which I'm almost certain you guys have eliminated from NESsing) they got what they came for, a Never Ending Story :old:

now it's the day for "I just wanna win the NES" which leads to infant-like complaints and long orders.

I understand that some NESes call for extreme micromanagement which would require more orders, that takes the fun out of it though. The fun is in watching a geopolitical system develop that is different from any other seen before. The fun is in renouncing other nations because they have committed atrocities and then see how they respond. The fun is in forming a rogue religious group in the middle of established countries and then spread your faith and if the rulers do something you dislike you just lead the faithful on a revolt. All of this can be read by every player, and some effects players directly while other parts affect only their feelings, but should they encounter the players, they will have an attitude about them that can be game specific and awesome.

Finmaster said:
I am convinced that the fact that you have to write so long orders in order to win wars is nothing but proof of the downhill that nessing is going.

It is a great problem, and the reason for it is such a long cap between updates. I have been happy to notice that recently there have been a couble of nesses that have updates every few days, bringing back the old times.

Think about it: if all the nesses u patricipated in had updates like every 3rd day, would you have TIME to write billion kazillion pages of orders?

Nope, u wouldn't. And neither would anyone else. Basic tactics and strategies, that would be all ye'd have time to do.

"Then I'd lose", u think to yourself. Well no you wouldn't because no1 else would have time for those marathon orders either!

Wouldn't that make things simpler?

Story nesses are about tale telling, and diplomacy, and not so much about being a friggin general. Well a little bit of that too, but still. Because in nessing these days, the player has to do the jobs of both generals AND lieutenants. And sergeants. It's illogical too. Dont we have officers of our own who we could trust with these things?!

Looking at those marathon orders just makes me wanna puke. Altough I have to admit that sometimes I have resorted to writing them as well.

In my own neses, I will NEVER accept orders longer than one PM.

Thats what I wanted. Discussion: Long orders vs. short orders.
I'm not sure about this myself.

Nope!

Finnmaster, thumbs up :b:

I like long orders. I like the generalship and such. I NEED nay I CRAVE sending long orders. I MUST do it. to me the fun in NES'ing is in the wars and using of unexpected tactics and attacks and killing large quantities of people. Its also great fun to roleplay your leader.

The fun is in renouncing other nations because they have committed atrocities and then see how they respond.

No its not. Thats just mean. You should'nt betray a trusted ally usually.

Metaliturtle said:
I understand that some NESes call for extreme micromanagement which would require more orders, that takes the fun out of it though. The fun is in watching a geopolitical system develop that is different from any other seen before. The fun is in renouncing other nations because they have committed atrocities and then see how they respond. The fun is in forming a rogue religious group in the middle of established countries and then spread your faith and if the rulers do something you dislike you just lead the faithful on a revolt. All of this can be read by every player, and some effects players directly while other parts affect only their feelings, but should they encounter the players, they will have an attitude about them that can be game specific and awesome.

These words are so beautiful and nostalgic they almost make me cry :cry:

silver 2039 said:
You should'nt betray a trusted ally usually.
Why not? It is a story, and drama is always good for a story. As long as the betrayal makes at least some sense..

Finmaster said:
Why not? It is a story, and drama is always good for a story. As long as the betrayal makes at least some sense..

Fine I'm being hypocritical. I'm just against betryal since the bloody Dalanrossians destroyed me those bastards. Of course that would'nt stop me from betraying someone if it was profitable to do so I suppose...

lol.. I do remember a certain nation attacking my beloved Dacia in ITNES after I opened my borders to them as allies.. ;)

But that's allright, actually that betrayal made the game a lot more interresting for me, fighting my empire back was a whole lot of fun :)

a better name would be: watch the old dudes rant about stuff

Started it :p

(although my LINES orders, bascically consisted of attacking the enemy with millions of Zombies, little to no tactics.)
Good days. :D

Silver is an Artist of Genocide.
If I had space, that would be in my sig.

these are bad days for nesing
Really? I guess I wouldn't know.

BTW congrats on post #7000 silver!

Metaliturtle said:
now it's the day for "I just wanna win the NES" which leads to infant-like complaints and long orders.

I disagree. What does winning a NES mean anyway? The only story NES I played were someone won the NES might be some of das NES where stalin nuked the world.

To me the goal of a NES is develope your nation. And the most funny part of NESing are to see how your nation goes.

To me, the objective in all NESes is to build big army and kick the arse of your most annoying neighbour. amen.

Top Bottom