Welcome New Members

Hi,

I'm here for a couple of weeks because searching information on Civ4.
This was the best and most informativ site so.. here I am.

Already played CivI + II + III and already purchased Civ4.

I'm 24 years old and thanks to god that there is no girlfriend at the moment :D
I'm working in a little enterprise for hard and software videosolutions.
(started an apprenticeship in August).

Pilger

Nice thread, ainwood. ;)

Welcome to CFC, all. [party] :D

I've played Civ since Civ2, and found this site in late 2001 while searching for info/strategies/patches/graphics for Civ3. Been here ever since.

And you 40-yr-olds claiming to be old ... tsk, tsk. I'm over 50, and I'm not even the oldest moderator, let alone the oldest poster. :p

But in any case, enjoy your stay here. Read the rules, and behave in a Civilized manner, and we'll get along fine. Just don't make us pull out the big pointy stick :)mischief:).

Hi,
Been a regular here and at Apolyton for as long as they've been around (Apolyton before it was Apolyton even).
Registered about 5 times on each (moved a lot..have a tendency to forget old e-mail addresses:p )
More usually a lurker than a poster..but with Civ 4 moving to 3D and being touted as the most modder friendly Civ ever I am very excited.

Personal info...I am 40 years young (with a 5 year olds sense of wonder according to my wife). Been playing Civ since I bought 1 for my Amiga back when I lived in the UK. (Incidentally..I never read manuals and attempted to storm Europe with ONE Knight:crazyeye: Needless to say I have improved my gameplay since then.)
Final note..I am an experienced 3DS Max user and providing I get the ability to import Unit anims I will most definitely creating some.

I have been playing civ since the original - I am 27. I am ashamed to say that I have been lurking on this site since Civ III came out, and only this summer finally registered! I felt it was finally time to pass on some of the expertise in Civ III that I have learned over the years to the new people. So it is funny I consider myself a long time member of Civfanatics, despite the fact that I only officially registered a few months ago!!!

I thought I would drop a greeting to all the new people, then realised I only joined last month. But I've been a regular lurker since 2002 (at least), and occasional visitor for years before then. So though newly registered, I feel quite at home.

Stick around, the site is good :)

I had not touched civ for months, and was harmlessly surfing after getting bored w/Rome Total War...In search of something w/the depth of Civ III, thinking that maybe it was time to pick up the game again and maybe try playing against humans (instead of the AI), I saw a link to civfanatics...

I am now in the middle of a GOTM, and a WWII scenario. Not to mention the fact that I am feeding on any civIV info that I can find.:D

This is a great site, with a fun and welcoming community.:goodjob: Glad to be part of the group.

btw - I'm 31, and have enjoyed civs I-III, much to my wife's dismay! I can't wait for the release of IV, and look forward to discussing and learning strategy from the experts here at CFC.

Hey everyone!

I've been visiting this site for a few months before I finally decided to join -- I had so much input on some of the topics and I had some ideas of my own for CIV, so here I am!

I am 22 years old, typing from my dorm at NJIT, but I'm from Brooklyn, NY! Civilization II was my first game in the series, and ever since then I've been hooked. So much so, that between the years 2000 and 2001 me and five other guys, all at different locations in NYC, played an online CivII MGE game that stretched out eight months on the largest Earth map we could find. (We had frequent "conference calls" during these game sessions once we got into the late-industrial age to symbolize the invention of the telephone!) :D

Up until about a month ago I've been playing CivIII a great deal, discovering the Rise and Rule mod back in June, which revitalized my love for the series and opened me up into the huge world of the Civ modding community. But then, after reading so much of CIV on this site I decided to abstain from Civ-playing until CIV is released.

I'm happy to have found this site! Expect to find entries from me from time to time! :cool:

I already introduced myself yesterday in a separate thread before this one was around (or before I noticed it). Here is a link to the thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=131223

I too knew that Civ IV was in the works but lost track of the time (months) and did not realise it was upon me until I saw a big cover story in PC Gamer in a bookstore. I spent the next few hours reading and rereading the article, and so after I came here and started checking out the forums again. Just signed up this past week though.

I have to wait until Christmas to play it (I won't be home until then) and that is the worst part.

ainwood said:
BTW - out of interest, I joined Civfanatics a couple of months before the release of Civ3 - the interesting thing is that I had just rediscovered Civ-II, and was looking for some strategies for it - I was completely oblivious to the fact that there was a Civ3 in production, and it wasn't until I came here that I found out about it! Anyone else like that for C-IV?

I joined the forum soon after Civ3 was released when I was looking for strategies. A couple of months ago I started to play C3C again. Because it's been quite a while since my last C3C game, I came to the forums to see if there's any update. That's when I discovered Civ4.

Been to this site a few times before, but I didn't join until recently. Feeling very excited about Civ4. I started Civ when a friend introduced me to Civ2 just before Civ3 was released, and I purchased Civ3 when it came out. Fantastic game, and I hope Civ4 will keep me in its thrall for many long hours to come. :D

Nice thread, ainwood. :D
Welcome everyone!!! [party] :woohoo: :thumbsup:

I really hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

A little about myself:

I'm 16 from Michigan, and the newest Civ4 forums moderator (bacame so in May). My first Civ game I've played is Civ3 (surprising, no? Lots of the other hard core players go back to Civ1 and Civ2! :) ). I found this site on Civ3's home page and eventually became a member in April of 2003.

Again, hope you all enjoy the site!

Hello Everybody!

Ive been offline for a couple of years and oh how it has hurt me. Im just getting back in the game and have been hearing civ IV rumors so I thought I would renew my cfc relationship. I love the mod's you guys create here, my favorite is a couple of years old called allah akbar. So I'm not strictly new but I've not posted much so I thought I would introduce myself.

I am new and old to this site. I have been here several times for several reasons mainly to download a new map or unit. I have always enjoyed the robust conversations in the forums and I have decided to become more apart of this community since the announcment of civ4. I hope to find fellow players that I can play against on this site b/c the civ3 as exceptional as it is was still a computer and could always be beat. I have pre-ordered my game and I wait with some excitment at the chance of playing this new civ game. I hope to see you all 6000 years from now.

Hello everyone and Welcome, I havent been in this forum long but its a great commuinty. I am 33 years old and started playing Civ with Civ3 gold eddtion, found out about it from a coworker that played it, once I tryed it I was hooked it was everything I wanted to do with AOE2 but couldnt. Civ4 I beleive will be even better and more addicting (so much for sleep).

Well, my response in this thread would be oddly eerily familiar, so I'll just say it's great to be here!

This is a site I have long persused for information, but especially in the last few months for obvious reasons. Great site. Great admins. Great members.

Here's to the 24th!

*cheers*

It's nice to know there are some old fogeys who play this game! Makes me feel young again. :)

You know you are officially old when:

1. You have more hair in all the wrong places, than you do on top of your head where it belongs.
2. Your I.Q. is swiftly approaching your age.
3. When you find yourself saying things your father used to say, and that you swore you would never say to your kids.

They say your memory is the SECOND thing to go . . . . .

I can't remember what the first is to save me! :)

hello to all the new members :wavey:

I actively joined november last year after lurking SG's for 9 months and downloading all the useful stuff since Civ3 came up (snoopy's terrain etc.). I've been playing since Civ 1 way back on my amiga commodore, well now you know how old I am.

For new members, please do check the SG sites once Civ4 is out, it's a truly exciting way to play the game and will teach you a lot (while having fun as well).

Top Bottom