FfH2 Bug Thread

The change to Hell Terrain eliminates Ancient Forests in tundra tiles, but leaves (npi) Forests in tundra tiles unaffected. I don't have a problem with the notion that Ancient Forests are incompatible with Hell Terrain, but they should be downgraded to Forests rather than being completely eliminated. Or, if Hell Terrain is not supposed to have any trees anywhere, then Forests on tundra tiles also need to be destroyed.

This, combined with the Life Node Flare-up Event Destroys Ancients Forests bug I reported previously suggests to me that FfH2 is treating Ancient Forests as fundamentally different than other types of forests. All four flavors of forest should be processed as variations on the same terrain feature: being destroyed by the same effects, requiring the same tech to cut down, and so on.

What change in Hell Terrain are you speaking of? The function hasn't been touched since before patch N, and the only feature it does anything with is to place Flames on Burning Sand. Since Snow/Tundra tiles don't HAVE hell versions, they remain absolutely untouched except for changing resources on the tile to Hell Resources.

What change in Hell Terrain are you speaking of? The function hasn't been touched since before patch N, and the only feature it does anything with is to place Flames on Burning Sand. Since Snow/Tundra tiles don't HAVE hell versions, they remain absolutely untouched except for changing resources on the tile to Hell Resources.

Actually, Ancient Forests disappear when the "hell number" is anything other than zero. (Terrain switches to hell terrain when the "hell number" reaches ten.) So Ancient Forests disappear even on Tundra, but Tundra can still support regular Forests; the reason Forests disappear in hell terrain is because the base hell terrain itself is designed not to support Forests.

But, you're right, this has been the case for a while. I'm not sure how long, but at least a few full releases.

In addition to this, also all Ancient Forests on tundra are deleted. I didn't mean to suggest that this was a recent change in behavior of the function; I just happen to have recently noticed the problem.

If an immortal unit uses the black mirror, the illusion dies next turn, and is ressurected in the capital without the count. This makes it possible to mass produce immortals. I think my game totaled something like 15 immortals....

If an immortal unit uses the black mirror, the illusion dies next turn, and is ressurected in the capital without the count. This makes it possible to mass produce immortals. I think my game totaled something like 15 immortals....

Patch your game.

Patch R
23. Immortal units duplicated with the Black Mirror won't be duplicated anymore.

this was a couple of patches ago, but i didn't see it mentioned so i'll say it.

Immortals (Valkyries in my game) were being disbanded because of strike and then reborn in my capital, only to be disbanded again the next day. Personally, I don't think National or World units should be able to be disbanded at all, but at least fix the Immortals.

Patch your game.

Patch R
23. Immortal units duplicated with the Black Mirror won't be duplicated anymore.

I have patch R... I upgraded to patch R as soon as it came out, and it broke my previous Svaltfar game so I started a new one... Where I found the immortal issue.

this was a couple of patches ago, but i didn't see it mentioned so i'll say it.

Immortals (Valkyries in my game) were being disbanded because of strike and then reborn in my capital, only to be disbanded again the next day. Personally, I don't think National or World units should be able to be disbanded at all, but at least fix the Immortals.

That's an impressive edge case there. How often do you have tier 4 units while also being on strike? Just conquered a large continent with no palace on it?

i was playing as basium, and i had just conquered a lot of territory (i was at war with everyone except my 2 allies, one of which was getting raped)

Python error in 0.40r (or maybe 0.40s but the readme file isn't updated? I also note the fix list should show 0.40t (unreleased))

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast
File "string",line 0, in ?
File "CvSpellInterface", line 1252, in spellForTheHorde
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I got the "Buy a dungeon map from an explorer" event on a Kuriotate settlement, so I could not buy the map. I assume the DM intended it to be a sewer dungeon underneath the city, but settlements are too small for that sort of complex building.

When I build Blood of the Phoenix as the Calabim, all of my Vampire units get the Immortal promotion. Since they are undead, shouldn't they be considered "not alive" like Liches and OO undead units which cannot get the Immortal promotion.

Vampires are not undead in the FfH universe. ;)

Vampires in FfH are not undead. They are very much living beings, strongly driven by the base passions of hunger and lust.

Playing Sidar, patch "r": a warrior simply disappear after casting a "healing salve" from a healing potion.
Too bad: was one of the two units ready to wane :cringe:

Sorry for my awful english, gratz for the awesome job. :bowdown:

When a shadow declares nationality in a square occupied by units of a hostile nation, those units are displaced.
So you enter a hostile city, declare nationality displacing all defenders and simply take the city. To enter a hostile city, you just have to attack first (for example workers) to deplete the number attacks you can do and then move into the city.
Combine this with high movement cavalary (hasted mobility horsemen with comando) and you can easily raze up to 4 cities per turn.

When a shadow declares nationality in a square occupied by units of a hostile nation, those units are displaced.
So you enter a hostile city, declare nationality displacing all defenders and simply take the city. To enter a hostile city, you just have to attack first (for example workers) to deplete the number attacks you can do and then move into the city.
Combine this with high movement cavalary (hasted mobility horsemen with comando) and you can easily raze up to 4 cities per turn.

I don't think HN units can enter hostile/neutral cities. At least that was the way it was - I'm not sure if this has changed. I always killed the last defender with a HN Stooge/Hill Giant, but had to move into the city with a unit with declared nationality.

I don't think HN units can enter hostile/neutral cities. At least that was the way it was - I'm not sure if this has changed. I always killed the last defender with a HN Stooge/Hill Giant, but had to move into the city with a unit with declared nationality.
I guess it was with an invisible unit

Top Bottom