The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

Game Six is underway as Terrance888, lord_joakim, Lord_Iggy, merciary and Daftpanzer do battle amongst themselves, while three filthy heretics unknown NPers from elsewhere in the internet, Sunviper, Ajax and Astar prepare to face our divine wrath friendly competition.

Meanwhile, Game Five Progresses, as Abaddon crumples and thomas.berubeg comes under increasingly heavy assault, while the game's powers coalesce.

Hit me up for the next game.

If you follow the thread, Amon, then you'll get early warning on when the games are starting. :D

Game Five Progresses, as Abaddon is pushed back to one final superfortress system.

Meanwhile, in Game Six we learn why it is unwise to allow non-NESers into our games. 2/3 of them are no-shows, and the third had the tactical brilliance of attacking me without any sort of advance planning. Not that I mind, but it's kind of interesting seeing how these guys act- I think the NESer games are developing their own distinct flavour because of the expectations members of our community have towards each other.

I think you have a point there, Iggy!

Its nice to know we are well trained to dominate in all strategic situations :)

Dominate and dominate. I really feel dwarfed compared to the powerful north of Iggy and Daft. :)

Protip I learned from my first game: Never invest in science first. I'm a day behind because of it.

Yea but be careful, you can really be caught with your pants down if you go behind in weaponry..

Especially during early combat. I never invest into science heavily until at least five days in, and never invest into anything but economy until about three days in, or whenever I start needing ship productions.

A good way to think of it is that the later you invest into things that are not economy, the more you'll be able to invest at that later rate. Economy is used to create Industry, which is used to create ships, which are used to acquire new systems, which is the ultimate goal of this game. Build industry early without economy, and you'll have high production in the short term, but unless you can capitalize on that by conquering lots of nearby enemy systems, it'll set you back badly due to your lack of economic strength. At the same time, a lack of industry in an economy-heavy build is a risky investment with potentially very high payoffs.

Abaddon and I in Game 5 provide a good example for what happens when a fast-expanding build runs into a high-economy low-industry build.

guys, any chance of someone launching a free-to-join premium game next time??? I'm playing in one right now, which is big and epic. 12 players! I like the option to 'declare peace' also. But I only have 10 'credits' ATM... 50 needed for an open premium game.

Spoiler :

How much does a credit cost?

I'm not sure about a free-to-join premium game, but a game with only NESers in it would be interesting.

How do we make a premium game free to join? I have the most credits of anyone here. Also, I love the variety of portraits in the paid game. :)

It costs 10 credits to join one of these games, if I understand correctly. That is what you get from a single victory. I wish I could share my points with the others.

For 20 credits you can create and launch your own game. For 50 credits you can make your Premium Game free for anybody to join.

So I guess I was lucky to find a free premium game that someone ('Tarach') had hosted for 50 credits. I still have 10 credits from two 2nd places, dont think I had to 'spend' any to join that game.

Yes, you were quite lucky to find that game!

Now, I could create a game that would slowly fill up with NESers as we acquire enough points to join in. Either that, or we could create a premium game and get a group of people to join it en-masse.

However, the risks of that method are well known. We don't want to end up with hobos like AJAX, Astar and Sunviper in our big fancy game.

At least I had the joy of seeing all of them being completely purged by our mutual wrath.

Can't you make a password protected premium game with a free entry fee? :(

Top Bottom