CNES: The Flames of War (BETA)

To: The World

The peoples of our continent, and the world, should be aware that Lijian is simply trying to manipulate you for its own advantage. If we fall, all of developed eastern Aljian falls under Lijiani control, a fascist empire that exists for the sole purpose of waging aggressive war. This horror is too great to contemplate.

To Muscovia

Stop oppressing the Basques!

Alas our warnings may fall upon deaf ears. Dear Basque friends, Lijian and its allies will be more than willing to oppress you in the near future.

@Crezth, theoretically speaking, what happens if two opposing territories both send armies to attack each other? IE, a head-on clash? Going by your rules, I'm assuming both the attacks 'pass through' each other, to engage whatever units are left to defend on the other side?

I think in ZPNESV, I did a dice roll (with mods) to see which attack happened first. The side with more motorised units would tend to win the roll. That attack would then go through, and the other side of the border would be on the defensive (but losing fortification bonus for units that were supposed to be attacking), rather than both attacks going through at the same time.

Orders sent Crezth... and is that thing in Ugrundet a Landship? I asked for a landship in my orders, but it looks more like an armoured car.

Also, am I correct in believing that you cannot load any unit into a ship, move the ship any distance, and unload it on the same term?

@Crezth, theoretically speaking, what happens if two opposing territories both send armies to attack each other? IE, a head-on clash? Going by your rules, I'm assuming both the attacks 'pass through' each other, to engage whatever units are left to defend on the other side?

It's a Clash! From the front page:

Clash: Two opposed armies both invade an empty province OR one another’s province
Spoiler :
In this scenario, the army with the higher average Mov is considered to have the initiative and is, by default, considered the attacker; the other army is considered the defender (without fortification bonuses). A tie is decided by coin-flip. However, you may order your army to use its initiative to be the defender if you so choose.

I think in ZPNESV, I did a dice roll (with mods) to see which attack happened first. The side with more motorised units would tend to win the roll. That attack would then go through, and the other side of the border would be on the defensive (but losing fortification bonus for units that were supposed to be attacking), rather than both attacks going through at the same time.

Indeed; I originally had it such that the higher average movement army would always be the attacker, but that idea saw some resistance from #nes, so you can choose whether or not (if you have the initiative) to be considered attacker or defender.

Orders sent Crezth... and is that thing in Ugrundet a Landship? I asked for a landship in my orders, but it looks more like an armoured car.

Oh, you're right. I'll make a note to fix that.

Also, am I correct in believing that you cannot load any unit into a ship, move the ship any distance, and unload it on the same term?

Correct. You can load and move, or unload and move, or move and unload, but you cannot load and unload in the same turn.

The claims of Lijian being 'fascist' are laughable. Our Consul is term-limited to ten years, and the Council of Magistrates makes law, not an unelected dictator.

Unlike many other states with ambitions of global domination, Lijian simply wishes to secure our common defense sphere and move to aid other democratic nations in the free world.

Thlayli and merciary both won at odds which normally would've only had a 1/36 chance of occurring in each case.

I didn't know you had access to the preference algorithms! Feel free to share. :3

Only a brilliant genius would think those would matter fighting against an army of only one kind of unit.

If that one type of unit *prefers* to attack armored targets first, it's less likely that they score a hit than if they *prefer* to attack unarmored targets.

@Crezth I feel silly for missing that. Thanks...

@Thlayli, you're as fascist as I am communist, then.

"I have no idea what I'm talking about."

I'm just really curious how you can make predictions like that without having access to all the tools that Crezth has.

But seriously, this is just a beta. You should try not to be so competitive about everything. Relax and enjoy the NES.

I'm just really curious how you can make predictions like that without having access to all the tools that Crezth has.

The odds were in reference to certain things being registered during the battle, not a prediction on the outcome of the battle as a whole.

The highly unlikely chance that they would happen, in fact, was what alerted me to the bugs in the first place.

But seriously, this is just a beta. You should try not to be so competitive about everything. Relax and enjoy the NES.

Big words coming from the likes of you.

I just noticed that I'm missing the fourth Infantry I bought in Chaiyarsk. Also, wasn't I facing one of Daft's Militia in Irkzan, not an Infantry?

@Crezth, sorry to keep bothering you, but one more question, do industries/cities in occupied territories still work for placing new units?

Thlayli and Kraznaya: Cool it. It is very valuable when you expose problems and bugs and bring them to my attention, but there is a time and a place; it is not appropriate to quarrel about them or any other mechanics-related issues in the thread. Please dial it back a notch.

I just noticed that I'm missing the fourth Infantry I bought in Chaiyarsk. Also, wasn't I facing one of Daft's Militia in Irkzan, not an Infantry?

Ah. Correct on both counts. I will make a note to fix the infantry and reimburse you (next turn) for the inappropriate combat.

@Crezth, sorry to keep bothering you, but one more question, do industries/cities in occupied territories still work for placing new units?

Yes. We will say the occupying army focuses on seizing the means of production before anything else. ;)

---

Here is a example of what I am planning on making the stats look like. Don't worry about the lack of technology-related stuff as this is an early draft and I plan on making those obvious in different graphics.

Spoiler Stats :

Crezth! You and your thousands-of-kilobytes image files! Have you no decency? Open that sh*t in another window!

Crezth it'd be useful to know why my scientists are twiddling their thumbs in the future, despite knowing the reason this time. :)

Top Bottom